• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film X-Men and the MCU

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    With this Disney-Fox deal, it's now entirely possible for X-Men to be in MCU. I feel like it'd be best for them to keep all existing X-Men films and steadily integrate them into their system (via Multiverse, which has already been introduced in AOS), rather than going through a reboot like how they had done with Spiderman.

What do the rest of us think?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Yes, it'd be a mess if the MCU and Fox X-Men universes to integrate immediately. There needs to be some build up. I wonder if they're gonna retcon some characters into being mutants.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Scarlet Witch, I'd imagine, by explaining that she's not an experiment "miracle" but rather a mutant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, while it would be simpler to use a multiverse to integrate them, I feel like they would rather reboot the series and have new actors tbh. Perhaps they'd make the increase in mutants arise as a consequence of all the alien meddling with Earth or such.

Would be really weird seeing anybody other than Hugh Jackman as Wolverine but haha. He's not gonna live forever is he? Maybe he is. Probably.

Last edited:

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • In any event I'm glad to see them being a part of the MCU going forward. Now if Wolverine or whatever becomes of him after Jackman's departure gets included in a future Avengers movie, that'd be so great for me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • X-Men timeline is a complete mess now anyways after Days of Future Past's recon and the inconsistent timeline of all the wolverine movies, so I'd honestly prefer a hard reboot. They might have to wait a few years to avoid rebooting it too close to the previous incarnation, but I think it would turn out the best.

Years
  • Marvel's replacement mutants - inhumans - are bad and nobody really cares about them. Having the X-men back would be great, but I would hope they'd only integrate one or two characters at most instead of trying to add 4,358 new characters (as seems to exist across the various X-team movies and shows) because goodness knows there are already enough characters in the MCU.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Inhumans have been running strong in AoS for a while if we've been keeping up; I could see them easily co-existing with mutants given the similarities.

Back