• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Movies Based on True Stories

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This subgenre of movies has been a thing since the early days of Hollywood, and it has been usually used to make oscarbait films. The problem I have with movies based on true stories is due to their predictability because it has already happened before. I've seen people complaining about Hollywood "running out of ideas" but turn a blindfold from movies based on true stories when they're not original stories either. And if you try to do something original to the story in order to surprise your audience, then it'll come off as "historically inaccurate." Like, you really can't make a film about a historical event and decide to subvert a trope that actually occurred just to make it more interesting.

Those are my overall thoughts on the topic, so what are yours?

Back