• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sun] Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging 3DS ROM Hacks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP
DdZzdJG.png
IBLyrRa.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Nova Sun and Umbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Sun and Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Nova Sun and Umbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a hold item and a proper moveset. The end-game of the main story features trainers with Levels in the mid-nineties.

Nova Sun and Umbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which enables features for competitive players to practice and grind. In Nova Sun and Umbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.

dOS95Sb.png
U3rD7xt.png

These mods are very expansive. In addition to Trainers, Nova Sun and Umbra Moon also feature edited:
  • Wild Pokémon availability (in three different ways!)
  • Wild Pokémon hold items
  • Item availability in Poké Marts and from special vendors
  • Evolution methods for Trade Evolutions and "Level up in a specific area/version" Evolutions
  • And much more!

CaR6GOW.png
6AVVI1b.png
XND3WIV.png

EiFk3oQ.gif
Trainer Changes
EiFk3oQ.gif

view spoiler for detailed information
  • Harsher Level Curve: Balanced to the EXP Share!
  • All-new Trainer teams, designed from the ground up, many featuring six Pokémon!
  • All Captains, Kahunas, and other bosses have six Pokémon!
  • Every fully-evolved non-Legendary Pokémon (and Mega Evolution) will be encountered in a Trainer's team during the main story!
  • Totems are powered up and pack new strategies!
  • Post-game Memento Blisseys added to Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City!
  • Trainers are capable of EV Training their Pokémon!
Spoiler:

a8L97fQ.png
exQh96i.png

nfRJbvM.gif
Wild Pokémon Changes
nfRJbvM.gif

There are four builds available of NS/UM! They only differ in Wild Pokémon availability:
  • Legit Build: All Wild Pokémon are 100% legit for trade and will not appear as "hacked" by any legitimacy testers. Island Scan Pokémon are available in the wild normally. Most nocturnal Pokémon are available in the day (rarer than they are at night, usually). The converse is true for diurnal Pokémon. Rare and interesting Pokémon have been moved into more common slots.
  • Leveled Build (Recommended!): Wild Pokémon are the same as in the Legit Build, but are leveled up to keep pace with NS/UM's harsh level curve. A quick adjustment in PKHeX (editing Met Level) will make them 100% legit.
  • Expanded Build: Wild Pokémon are altered so that every non-Legendary (Tapu/UB/Mythical Pokémon count as Legendary) species is available, at the same level as the Leveled Build. Legendary encounters are not changed in this or any Build. Click here to see where you can catch every Pokémon!
  • Lite Build: No changes to the Wild Encounter Tables of Sun and Moon were made.
All (non-Lite) Builds feature the following:
  • Island Scan Pokémon are available in the wild!
  • Rarity within areas adjusted!
  • Certain patches of grass are optimized for painless and early SOS EV training!
  • Lots more Wild Hold Items! (Even in Lite Build)
  • Meowth, Wimpod, Murkrow, Pikipek, and more can now hold Bottle Caps or Golden Bottle Caps in the wild! (Even in Lite Build)
Spoiler:

6DmqbGu.png
dCwibhc.png
zctbNsq.png

cx3Z0Gt.gif
Item Changes
cx3Z0Gt.gif

• Less useless junk in Poké Marts!
  • All Poké Balls and Repels are on sale for 90% off!
  • Sacred Ash available in addition to Revive. Revives cost much more, to discourage their use in battle (Sacred Ash is unusable during battle).
  • Certain healing items cost more, to balance the drastically increased money gain due to higher-level opponents.
  • Competitive consumables are available in standard Poké Marts!
  • Thrifty Megamart is now the go-to place to purchase competitive items like Leftovers and Life Orbs. Don't forget to grab a Discount Coupon at the door!
  • Konikoni's Incense Shop sells the six EV Reduction Berries. Removing unused EVs (SpA on Machamp, etc.) is a great way to passively optimize your team!
  • Full list of Shop Changes.
Spoiler:

zn71OI1.gif
Evolution Changes
r9hIK2q.gif

view spoiler for evolution methods
  • Trade Evolutions now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through their normal trade methods.
  • Non-Eevee Pokémon that evolve in specific areas now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through their normal level-up locations.
  • Version-based Evolutions now Evolve using the Sun or Moon Stone.
Spoiler:

6mUM27U.gif
Other Changes
6mUM27U.gif
  • Custom Title Screens!
  • Eggs now hatch incredibly quickly. Every species now has a 1-cycle hatch rate. Note this doesn't apply to Event eggs or Traded eggs.
  • Switch Mode no longer reveals the incoming Pokémon.
  • An in-game trade for a 6IV Ditto (holding a Destiny Knot) now exists!
  • Learnsets have been adjusted to provide better access to moves, particularly in Expanded and Leveled Builds. Species no longer "miss out" on moves because they were encountered at a high level, and most "Level 1" moves have been added to the standard level-up learnset. All Pokémon movesets remain 100% legal. Only moves in the Level-up learnset have been adjusted.
  • New, improved Pickup tables!
  • All species can now SOS call.
  • Custom Banner and Icon for .cia installs!

Oyisz3E.gif
Notes
Oyisz3E.gif
  • If you haven't done so already, please purchase Pokémon Sun or Moon! They're excellent games and if you enjoy them (or this mod), Game Freak deserves your money.
  • The GARC file that contains Sun and Moon's Encounter Data is 330MB. Unfortunately, that means that distribution packs for this mod (aside from Lite Builds) are quite large (~170MBthanks to .7z compression) and can take a while to download.
  • If you're running this with HANS or using the Drag & Drop installation method, it will use your regular Sun/Moon save file. To back up your original save file on a Homebrew or CFW setup, use JKSM.
  • You cannot install a CIA of Nova Sun alongside a CIA/eShop copy of Sun. The same restriction applies for (Umbra) Moon.
  • This mod is capable of multiplayer. With the Drag & Drop install method, it's capable of online multiplayer. Desyncs should not occur (I haven't edited base stats, moves, Abilities, or anything else like that intentionally), but I cannot guarantee this. It's best to avoid using Game Sync while using any Sun / Moon mods.
  • Since this mod makes no changes to save file structure, it works perfectly fine with Pokémon Bank and PKSM.
  • Text has been edited for the English language only.
  • Any Sun/Moon code.bin patches for v1.2 of Sun/Moon will work with the Drag & Drop versions of the mod. If you want to use extra code.bin patches on the .3DS or .CIA versions of the mod, make sure you're using patches designed for Sun/Moon v1.0. Do not apply a SaltySD patch to the Drag & Drop package of this mod, it will cause the mod's files to not be loaded. To add additional mods to Nova Sun & Umbra Moon, place them in the appropriate folder within SD:\luma\titles.
  • This is NOT designed for Nuzlocke play. I don't believe a Nuzlocke of this game will be possible, let alone an enjoyable game experience.

HuGk2eq.gif
Limitations
HuGk2eq.gif
  • Unlike in RR/SS, I cannot add Triple, Rotation, and Horde Battles to the world. I also cannot turn Single Battle trainers into Double Battle ones.
  • Enemy Trainers cannot use unique Z-Moves like Extreme Evoboost or Malicious Moonsault.
  • Certain battles won't force you to black out if you lose, instead progressing the story the same as if you won. I can't change this function.
  • Island Scan Pokémon normally cannot SOS or be SOS'd, so to preserve legality in NS/UM when encountered without Island Scan they simply SOS for normal Pokémon that are in their area's encounter table. In the Expanded Build, they can be SOS'd like any other Pokémon.
  • Sun and Moon's event scripts cannot currently be modified. This means that I cannot make cutscenes shorter or skippable.
  • The ability to use Mega Evolution is independent of the "Key Stone" item and is only set by triggering a flag in the save file after the battle with Dexio on Poni Island. This means that Mega Evolution is not accessible throughout gameplay unless save editing tools are used. As such, the game's balance assumes the player cannot Mega Evolve their Pokémon.

7a2aTcz.gif
Installation Instructions
7a2aTcz.gif

Luma3DS Drag & Drop Installation (CFW) (Recommended Method)
Requirements: N3DS/3DS/2DS/N2DS with Luma3DS CFW (7.0+), Pokémon Sun or Moon (Cartridge or eShop/CIA)
  • If you have previously used the SaltySD packs of Nova Sun or Umbra Moon (v1.4 or below), or any other SaltySD hacks, read this post and follow the instructions to delete the old version before updating the hack to v1.5+.
  • You need to be on Luma3DS v7.0 or later. All 3DS models on firmware versions 11.3 or lower can install CFW using this guide with no additional purchases/hardware/games necessary.
  • Update Pokémon Sun or Moon to Version 1.2 if you haven't already done so.
  • Hold SELECT when booting Luma3DS (this is when you turn on the 3DS if you're using B9S or A9LH)
  • Enable the option "Enable Game Patching" and press START to save. This is a persistent option, you don't have to do it every time you want to play Nova Sun or Umbra Moon.
  • Download and unzip the 7z folder for the Version and Build you want to play.
  • If your preferred language isn't English, run the NonEnglish.bat file.
  • Copy and paste the luma folder to the root of your 3DS's SD card, merging/overwriting if prompted.
  • Boot up your cartridge or eShop copy of Pokémon Sun or Moon and the romhack's modifications should be present!
  • Back up your game save with JKSM, start a fresh save file, and enjoy the ROM hack!

.CIA/.3DS Installation (CFW)
Requirements: N3DS/3DS/2DS with Luma3DS CFW (8.0+), Godmode9 and FBI installed, Pokémon Sun or Moon (Cartridge or eShop/CIA)
  • You need a 3DS running Luma3DS CFW. All 3DS models on firmware versions 11.3 or lower can install CFW using this guide with no additional purchases/hardware/games necessary.
  • Installed Pokémon Sun / Moon updates will cause conflicts with the Nova Sun or Umbra Moon mod when installed as a CIA or 3DS file. Uninstall any Sun / Moon updates before using a CIA or .3DS build of Nova Sun or Umbra Moon.
Spoiler:

HANS Installation (Homebrew Launcher, no CFW) (Not Recommended)
Requirements: NEW 3DS with a way to launch Homebrew Launcher, Pokémon Sun or Moon (Cartridge or eShop)
  • Because of HANS's limitations, it is recommended you instead install CFW on your 3DS instead of using this method. All 3DS models on firmware versions 11.3 or lower can install CFW using this guide with no additional purchases/hardware/games necessary.
  • NOTE: Pokémon Sun and Moon run in Extended Memory Mode on Old 3DS systems. HANS uses memory that is overwritten by Extended Memory Mode. Therefore, players need to have a New 3DS to run this hack through HANS.
  • NOTE: Poké Mart data is stored in a .cro file. Without custom firmware, the 3DS will crash when attempting to use edited .cro files. Therefore, players that only have the Homebrew Launcher will not get the Poké Mart changes in Nova Sun and Umbra Moon.
Spoiler:

hZ8CYTz.gif
Special Thanks
hZ8CYTz.gif
  • Kaphotics: for creating the stellar PK3DS.
  • SciresM: For making everything possible and coding the tools that form the base of PK3DS.
  • evandixon: For 3DSDotNetToolkit.
  • smealum: For HANS, making piracy and specialized hardware unnecessary to run ROMhacks.
  • shinyquagsire23: For SaltySD, making installation a snap on CFW systems and further bypassing the need for a pirated game install. This mod no longer uses SaltySD, but it was instrumental in creation and distribution until Luma3DS's Layered FS feature improved.
  • Aurora Wright: For Luma3DS, especially Luma3DS 7.0+ LayeredFS. This is the ultimate form of "simple installation with no piracy required"!
  • neobrain: For Braindump.
  • dnasdw: For 3dstool.
  • WolfLord: My dedicated beta tester, without her help this mod would be much more broken and much less fun.
  • Nintendo/GAME FREAK: For making a game series I've been devoted to for my entire life.

q5IHrOj.gif
Let's Plays
q5IHrOj.gif

Message me if you're doing a YouTube playthrough of these ROMs! I'll feature you in this section.

PRbugRA.gif
Change Log
PRbugRA.gif

Current Version: v1.9 (8/30/2017)​
  • Fixed Anabel's team having an incredibly underleveled Pokémon
  • "Continue" on the main menu replaced with "Pokémon Nova Sun / Umbra Moon v1.9" in all languages except German (PK3DS crashes when editing the German language game text)
  • Minor Trainer changes

Version 1.8 (7/25/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.7 (5/31/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.6 (5/19/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.5 (5/17/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.4 (3/21/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.3 (3/12/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.2 (3/8/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.1 (3/7/2017)
Spoiler:

Version 1.0 (2/25/2017)
Spoiler:

Oyisz3E.gif
Downloads
Oyisz3E.gif

Download Here!

.7z files can be extracted with 7-Zip.

When Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon release this November, I intend to give them the full ROM hack treatment with Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon!
OscZfBq.png
dpv8anL.png

This 100% free project took over 375 hours of work (plus 40 hours of testing!) to complete, and while it was a labor of love, I won't turn you down if you want to buy me a beer. Or a pizza.

Pokémon, Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, the Pokémon logo, and all other related content are intellectual property of GAME FREAK, Creatures Inc, The Pokémon Company, and Nintendo.
This project is a free modification that requires an existing copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon to function. It does not require, endorse, or encourage piracy of Nintendo or GAME FREAK content. If you want to play this mod, please purchase Pokémon Sun or Moon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU COMMENT "THE DRAG AND DROP DOESN'T WORK FOR ME"

HOW TO UPDATE from Nova Sun & Umbra Moon v1.4 (or lower) to v1.5+:
If you're updating the Drag & Drop pack of Nova Sun or Umbra Moon to v1.5+ from a previous version, you need to delete the old files. v1.5+ places the ROM hack files in a different SD card location, and no longer requires code.bin. Delete THESE files/folders from your SD card before copying v1.5+ to the SD Card.
  • SD:\luma\titles\0004000000164800
  • SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00
  • SD:\luma\code_sections\0004000000164800.bin
  • SD:\luma\code_sections\0004000000175E00.bin
  • SD:\SaltySD\Nova_Sun
  • SD:\SaltySD\Umbra_Moon
You also NEED to update Luma3DS if you're on a version lower than 7.0.
Drag & Drop packages of Nova Sun & Umbra Moon v1.5+ support (and require) Pokémon Sun & Moon v1.2.

FAQ

"HELP! The game freezes when I talk to a shopkeeper!"
  • This happens when you have a version mismatch on the Shop.cro file
  • If you're using a Drag & Drop install of the game, make sure Sun or Moon are updated to v1.2. If you're getting shop freezes while Sun or Moon are updated to v1.2, update the ROM hack by redownloading the Drag & Drop package and follow the instructions for updating from NS/UM v1.4- to v1.5+.
  • If you're using a *.3ds or *.cia install, make sure Sun or Moon are not updated at all. Uninstall updates from "Data Management" on the 3DS. You can also apply the Drag and Drop package over the NS/UM CIA; if you do this, you can update Sun/Moon and continue to play NS/UM.
"I want to randomize the game and still use the Drag & Drop pack!"
  • PK3DS currently requires a complete ROM file system to be present to function. This means you need to follow these instructions to play a randomized game through Drag & Drop.
  • Download the Drag & Drop pack of the Lite Build of NS/UM and copy the /luma/ folder to your SD card. Follow all instructions included with the Drag & Drop
  • Download the Distribution Pack for NS/UM and follow the instructions as if you want to build a CIA of the Expanded Build.
  • When you reach the part where you can randomize your wild encounters, say Yes and use PK3DS to randomize them.
  • Once you've randomized your Wild Encounters, copy /Extracted_ROM/romfs/a/0/8/2 and /Extracted_ROM/romfs/a/0/8/3 to the /luma/titles/16DIGITTITLEID/romfs/a/0/8 folder on your SD card. If there is no "8" folder inside romfs/a/0, create one.
  • Booting Sun or Moon should load Nova Sun or Umbra Moon with randomized wild encounters.
"HELP! I want to use a cheat menu or NTR plugin, but (insert tool here) breaks with this mod!"
  • It's not up to me to fix these sorts of tools.
  • The reason these tools will sometimes break with Nova Sun / Umbra Moon is that they aren't capable of handling Luma3DS's LayeredFS implementation.
  • If you want to complain to someone about incompatibility, complain to the developers of the cheat menu or plugin that their tool doesn't support Luma3DS LayeredFS.
"HELP! I get a black screen when I click Sun/Moon when using the Drag & Drop pack!"
  • Make sure you have properly removed any SaltySD-based hacks (including older builds of Nova Sun/Umbra Moon) from your 3DS SD card as detailed at the top of this post.
  • Try deleting the files from SD:/luma/titles and re-copying them over to the SD. Plug your SD into your computer instead of using FTP or MicroSD Management for best results.
  • Update your Luma3DS install to the latest stable version and make sure "Enable Game Patching" is enabled. It's possible Luma3DS's "hourly" builds could break something important for the LayeredFS feature.
  • Make sure your 3DS firmware is on version 11.0 or greater (this is a requirement to run Pokémon Sun & Moon).
  • Make sure you have the Sun/Moon v1.2 update installed.
"HELP! I am having trouble building a CIA/*.3DS/HANS pack of this!"
  • Because computers are different from user to user, I cannot provide personal troubleshooting for the Distribution Pack used to build *.cia/*.3ds files or HANS packs.
  • If you're using custom firmware on your 3DS, I recommend using the Drag & Drop package if you're having any difficulties whatsoever with building a CIA.
  • The files included in the Distribution Pack can be used to build a CIA or 3DS file with any method (romfs builder, Asia81's PackHack, the included 3dstoolkit by evandixon...).
"WHICH BUILD HAS LEGENDARIES!?"
  • This ROM hack does not add Legendary Pokémon to the wild. This is a design choice made for the following reasons:
  • 3DS ROM hackers currently (and for the foreseeable future) can't alter the game script to add events, so adding Legendary Pokémon would just be sticking them in random grass patches as low-percentage encounters. That's ugly, feels hacky, and removes the reason Legendary Pokémon are cool in the first place.
  • Nova Sun and Umbra Moon are not balanced around the player using 650+ BST monstrosities. If I added Legendary Pokémon to the grass, they'd turn the supposedly challenging game into a cakewalk. If I balanced the game *around* Legendary Pokémon, you'd basically be required to either use them or grind and overlevel your team.
  • Hacked Legendary Pokémon cannot be converted to legitimate Pokémon by altering their data to make them "hatched from an egg". This means using Legendary Pokémon as a post-game reward is absolutely and completely pointless.
  • And finally: I personally believe the game is more fun without them, and I want to present the most fun (in my opinion) way to play Pokémon in my ROM hacks.

Last edited:

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I installed homebrew for this (a time-consuming procedure, to be sure). Suffice to say that it has already been worth it.

I take it that no base stats have been altered?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
I installed homebrew for this (a time-consuming procedure, to be sure). Suffice to say that it has already been worth it.

I take it that no base stats have been altered?

You are correct in that assumption. No illegal moves, altered typing, or BST changes.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've just cleared the Wishiwashi trial in the expanded version of Umbra Moon, and I have to say I've been loving the hack so far; the trainer difficulty is excellent. However, I've been training a Feebas, and its evolution method isn't listed in the OP - I assumed it was level up while holding a Prism Scale, but that didn't work. Could you double check to see if it actually has a non-trade evolution method?

EDIT: Just checked it myself, it's only got the usual trade with Prism Scale and Beauty methods. At least it's an easy fix!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
I've just cleared the Wishiwashi trial in the expanded version of Umbra Moon, and I have to say I've been loving the hack so far; the trainer difficulty is excellent. However, I've been training a Feebas, and its evolution method isn't listed in the OP - I assumed it was level up while holding a Prism Scale, but that didn't work. Could you double check to see if it actually has a non-trade evolution method?

EDIT: Just checked it myself, it's only got the usual trade with Prism Scale and Beauty methods. At least it's an easy fix!

Fixes for this and some other Evolution methods are coming in 1.3.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Hi, just a question: are all existing pokemons available in the game?
I mean by finding them in the wild or with the edited evolutions. Thanks

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Released Version 1.4 today. This is a major update. This update:
  • Edits nearly every available species' Level-Up movepool to better accommodate the Leveled and Expanded Builds! This means that good/novel/useful moves learned and forgotten before a species' encounter level have been copied to a later point in their level-up learnset so that the options are available to the player.
  • Most "Level 1" moves, like Water Shuriken on Accelgor, have been added to the standard level-up learnset, allowing those Pokémon better access to their full potential.
  • Fixes some bugs (SaltySD packs not having Max Repel in shops after beating Nanu but before beating Totem Kommo-o, Umbra Moon Distribution Packs having unedited shop.cro files)
  • Makes some minor tweaks and edits to Trainers
  • Fixes availability in the Expanded Build for Hippopotas and the Pumpkaboo forms
  • Makes some species available earlier in the Expanded Build: Riolu, Togepi, Makuhita, Houndour
  • Increases the Level of most Totem Pokémon
A list of the new Level-Up learnsets is available here.
See the OP for more detailed patch notes.

Edit 3/29/17
My writeup on the recent save-editing-related bans in Sun and Moon. Conclusion is:
  • Don't set up Game Sync in Nova Sun or Umbra Moon or any other ROM hack.
  • If you do use Game Sync in Nova Sun or Umbra Moon, make sure you never sync with unreleased Mega Stones or absurdly high quantities of rare items like Sacred Ash or Lure Ball.
  • If you're using Nova Sun and Umbra Moon to speed up breeding, grinding, etc. on your main save file (which has Game Sync set up), just don't Game Sync while you're running the modifications.
  • Non-Game Sync online features remain safe. This includes Wonder Trade, battling/trading friends, and unranked Battle Spot. Anything you can do without making a Game Sync ID on the Global Link website.
  • If you get banned from Game Sync using Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, and you have a backup of your original Sun/Moon save, that backup (or a new save file) will not be banned from Game Sync.
Longer and more detailed version here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/625qur/pokémon_sun_and_moon_safe_save_editing/dfkjkao/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
3DS Firmware Version 11.4 just came out. Do not update to 11.4 unless you already have Luma3DS CFW installed, even then consider waiting to update until devs fix features. As such, a kernel exploit has been released for 11.3 that allows for custom firmware installation. https://3ds.guide/ has updated to include this new exploit. If your 3DS is still on 11.3 (which it probably still is unless you updated today, April 10th), go install Luma3DS CFW now!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Nova Sun & Umbra Moon version 1.5 came out today. They now support Sun & Moon version 1.2, which also came out today.

Change log:
  • Implemented new and improved Pickup tables.
  • SaltySD Packs: Renamed to Drag & Drop Packs, SaltySD code.bin no longer included (SaltySD is incompatible with Sun/Moon v1.2 and Luma3DS 7.0+'s LayeredFS handles everything this mod needs)
  • Drag & Drop Packs: rebuilt Shop.cro to function with Sun/Moon v1.2. Sun/Moon v1.2 is required to run Nova Sun & Umbra Moon v1.5.
  • Because of how SaltySD works, if you had a previous version of the SaltySD pack installed on your SD card, you need to delete those files before copying over Version 1.5! If you have previously used Nova Sun, Umbra Moon, or any other SaltySD hacks, delete SD:\luma\titles\0004000000164800 and SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00 from your 3DS SD card before copying v1.5.
  • Added an in-game Trainer to commemmorate Sebasti?n Contreras' complete Let's Play!
  • Minor Trainer changes
  • Minor text changes

Quick update to Version 1.6.
Mostly small bug fixes and incredibly minor balance tweaks this time.
  • Fixed Electabuzz's Electirizer Evolution method.
  • Expanded Builds: Ferroseed moved to Lush Jungle.
  • Expanded Builds: Cherubi moved to Melemele Meadow.
  • Expanded Builds: Fletchling in Wela Volcano Park are now encountered as Fletchinder.
  • The Lv40 Aerodactyl received in the Seafolk Village now comes with Aerodactylite attached.
  • Adjusted Ferroseed's Level Up moveset to better accommodate its later encounter level.
  • Adjusted Ferrothorn's Level Up moveset to better accomodate Ferroseed's later encounter level.
  • Minor changes to some Level Up movesets
  • Minor text changes

Last edited:

fawaz100

locococo
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
is there anyway to apply the hack through PC without the use of 3ds?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
Is there anyway i can download homebrew using the newest version p.s i have the old 3ds (v. 11.5.0.38 U)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
is there anyway to apply the hack through PC without the use of 3ds?
You need to decrypt the ROM to build a .3ds file for Citra. You can't decrypt the ROM without a 3DS, and i'm not going to help you pirate a pre-decrypted version of the ROM.
Is there anyway i can download homebrew using the newest version p.s i have the old 3ds (v. 11.5.0.38 U)
No. Wait for ntrboothax to come out, then install CFW on your system.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
You need to decrypt the ROM to build a .3ds file for Citra. You can't decrypt the ROM without a 3DS, and i'm not going to help you pirate a pre-decrypted version of the ROM.

No. Wait for ntrboothax to come out, then install CFW on your system.

How long do you think the wait is going to be because i would love to try this out looks really good, nice work

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
How long do you think the wait is going to be because i would love to try this out looks really good, nice work

Just so you know, ntrboothax is out. Grab an R4i Gold 3DS RTS or Acekard 2i (more carts will be supported in the future) and you can hack any 3DS if you have a regular DS laying around (regular DS not required for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 19, 2019
Hello, Im trying to install this hack via hans but I keep getting an error when trying to run setup.bat. it keeps saying that the romfs.bin is missing and that like 0 files are found, then it shows its trying to find it in the extracted_ROM folder so I move the romfs.bin there, but then it says system can not find specified path, then it says Rebuild of (Leveled Build) as a Hans pack is complete. Copy the contents of the Hans_Built folder to the root of your 3DS SD card. Hans builds of cannot have edited Pokemarts or be used on Old 3DS/2DS Systems. So I do all that and then when I load up homebrew the Nova Sun appears but everytime I go to run it the screen turn black for a few seconds then crashes on a red screen. I'm using steelhax as my entrypoint into HBL so idk if that affects anything

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Hello, Im trying to install this hack via hans but I keep getting an error when trying to run setup.bat. it keeps saying that the romfs.bin is missing and that like 0 files are found, then it shows its trying to find it in the extracted_ROM folder so I move the romfs.bin there, but then it says system can not find specified path, then it says Rebuild of (Leveled Build) as a Hans pack is complete. Copy the contents of the Hans_Built folder to the root of your 3DS SD card. Hans builds of cannot have edited Pokemarts or be used on Old 3DS/2DS Systems. So I do all that and then when I load up homebrew the Nova Sun appears but everytime I go to run it the screen turn black for a few seconds then crashes on a red screen. I'm using steelhax as my entrypoint into HBL so idk if that affects anything

Try again, there are new instructions and files for making a HANS pack.

Back