• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destiny 2

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.jpg

Worldwide reveal trailer coming out on the 30th of March.

Looking good so far, except the end of this teaser confirms that some content will be locked away to the PS4 for at least a year again, so... that's a bit disheartening.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm liking how Destiny 2 looks so far! I'm getting a more grounded war feeling than the original.

A few things I'm hoping for...
    -friendly AI (City Guard or some general military body for the city)
    -More open and better designed enviornents (And I think I'd rather them stay on Earth this time) Maybe some African jungle/savannah, Euro Dead Zone, Brazil, some U.S turf.
    -Two part one: The abandonment of their "unique class silhouette" doctrine AND more interesting armor and weapon designs.
    -More "halo style" linear missions that take place on separate levels crafted for them, not just an open world full of general structures used for campaign missions, as well as more mission types such as mass charges, and military style operations vs Destiny's freelance "investigate and scan or kill boss" missions.
    -Explanation on how Cayde-6 can drink alcohol.

Also let's all agree, if they kill Cayde we riot, since he's the only Destiny character people care about.

Finally, I don't remember anything about PS exclusives in the trailer I watched. Maybe it wasn't in the Bungie cut. Either way a few guns and mediocre armor isn't a big loss for me (unless it's not on PC, in which case I'll be on PS4 again)

Mentioning that... I hope they have cross platform character imports...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Cool trailer aside, Bungie/Activision is once again alienating 2/3 of their audience with these dumb PlayStation timed exclusives (I.e Xbox + PC is getting shafted, if the game is indeed going to PC.) So while I am excited for a proper sequel to the game and see what direction they are going on, I'm very disappointed with their business practice and I don't know if I can support such practices again if it means gamers lose in the end.

Years
  • I'm really excited for Destiny 2, I really think Bungie will learn from the mistakes they made with the original Destiny and I hope we get a proper open world, that would be amazing.

Arsenic

Years
  • Another thing I'd love to see now that I'm thinking of it is a more atmospheric approach to at least the early missions, with a negative (City getting it's butt kicked) atmosphere. Maybe something along the lines of Surface Tension Uncut in Black Mesa Source. (one of many possible to select scenes for this point)

Just because they no longer share the same genre doesn't mean they cant make you actually feel like your side is losing the battle.

I'm also hoping for more vehicles. Human tanks, light attack vehicles, maybe even our own dropships (for our own grunts). It never made sense to me that there were only ever 3(?) vehicles in Destiny. If we have to fight a war in out home, I damn well hope we have access to humanities full remaining arsenal!

Also, PC confirmed! HYPPPPPE

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Beat me to it. It's funny, but tells us jack shit about the actual game.

Guess I'll have to wait till E3 for any kind of actual gameplay.

L54lWmy.png

Nvm I guess May then.

Arsenic

Years
  • Gameplay wise, no nothing suggesting it plays any different than the first.

Story wise a few points can be drawn from the trailer and retail listings.
    -the cabal are the main/only enemy
    -Guardians, at least starting the game, have no powers
    -the game will once again feature multiple open worlds, or at the very least, missions on different planets
    -At least part of the story will be around rallying "leaders"

But most of these are obvious.

I'm not worried about Destiny 2 gameplay wise anyways. D1 had solid shooting, and both mmo and RPG were in its made up genre so grinding was to be expected.

They just have to make a world worth a damn now!

I have my PC col edition pre-ordered already so woo. If I don't like the beta I'll teir down, and if I hate it I'll cancel. Yey

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Gameplay wise, no nothing suggesting it plays any different than the first.

Story wise a few points can be drawn from the trailer and retail listings.
    -the cabal are the main/only enemy
    -Guardians, at least starting the game, have no powers
    -the game will once again feature multiple open worlds, or at the very least, missions on different planets
    -At least part of the story will be around rallying "leaders"

But most of these are obvious.

I'm not worried about Destiny 2 gameplay wise anyways. D1 had solid shooting, and both mmo and RPG were in its made up genre so grinding was to be expected.

They just have to make a world worth a damn now!

I have my PC col edition pre-ordered already so woo. If I don't like the beta I'll teir down, and if I hate it I'll cancel. Yey
    I never understood how one can preorder a game before any gameplay has ever been shown. It can be an absolute train wreck like how Destiny 1 came to be in the beginning, but to each their own.

Arsenic

Years
  • I never understood how one can preorder a game before any gameplay has ever been shown. It can be an absolute train wreck like how Destiny 1 came to be in the beginning, but to each their own.

Main reason is because a lot of gamestops are closing and I don't want mine to be one of them. It is the only such store for... at least a hundred miles, probably more!

Second reason is series + dev faith. If it was a new dev or IP it'd be a different story, but you can easily predict what you're going to get out of this series and dev. A OK story with tight shooter gameplay and lots of grinding.

I'd put theses at an 80-20 ratio for reasoning.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Main reason is because a lot of gamestops are closing and I don't want mine to be one of them. It is the only such store for... at least a hundred miles, probably more!

Second reason is series + dev faith. If it was a new dev or IP it'd be a different story, but you can easily predict what you're going to get out of this series and dev. A OK story with tight shooter gameplay and lots of grinding.

I'd put theses at an 80-20 ratio for reasoning.

What if you preorder at like a Walmart/Target/Best Buy? Have any of those near by?

I get the reasoning though...I'd hate it if the closet gaming store closed down, that would suck. In terms of the dev/IP argument...I don't know, Bungie has acted very off thanks to Activision. I'd like to think they've formulated some kind of direction over these past three years, but considering how they kept tearing their system down over and over again - such as with the leveling of gear/Light system - I just really hope they follow the bar they set themselves with The Taken King expansion.

Time will tell - I hope I'm wrong and they push out a great product. I'll be holding onto my credit card though until I actually see some gameplay for the game.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I just know that whatever Bungie creates after Destiny is going to be incredible. No Activision shackles.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ULTRA MEGA BUMP.

966baf34-e121-4173-a3d7-b7ff5475f880.jpg

The game is out btw for your respective console platform

As for those who are playing it on PC such as myself, we have to wait for a bit.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • Yeah keep the spoilers down! I'd like to go in with some semblance of mystery

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Destiny 2 for PC system requirements for the curious

Spoiler:

HOLY MOTHER OF GUARDIANS these system requirements for both min and recommended are dirt cheap. Gawd dayum thats lit and spicy.

To anyone hardstuck on their i5 compooters this should be good news. i5 cpu recommended is a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • How do people feel about the shader micro transactions going on?

Shader microtransactions are nothing new and we're in the original (not at launch of course)

What the issue seems to be to me is that shades are one use items now, and can only be used on one armor or weapon piece. In other words you would have to find 5 red shades to turn you armor fully red, and if you decide to change it you're losing the red shades permanently. Meanwhile I can set all my armor the same color with one shader in D1, and change as much as I like without losing any of them.

How it SHOULD work in d2 is that when you find a color you keep it no matter how many uses, and can add that one color to any pieces you want.

I mean can you imagine if they have a shader with a 5% drop chance with the current system? You'd have a very hard time setting all armor pieces to that color. And when new dlc armor comes out? Or you decide to try another color and end up not liking it? Back to grindsville for you!

So no from what I've heard I do not like the new system ..

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Shader microtransactions are nothing new and we're in the original (not at launch of course)

What the issue seems to be to me is that shades are one use items now, and can only be used on one armor or weapon piece. In other words you would have to find 5 red shades to turn you armor fully red, and if you decide to change it you're losing the red shades permanently. Meanwhile I can set all my armor the same color with one shader in D1, and change as much as I like without losing any of them.

How it SHOULD work in d2 is that when you find a color you keep it no matter how many uses, and can add that one color to any pieces you want.

I mean can you imagine if they have a shader with a 5% drop chance with the current system? You'd have a very hard time setting all armor pieces to that color. And when new dlc armor comes out? Or you decide to try another color and end up not liking it? Back to grindsville for you!

So no from what I've heard I do not like the new system ..

That was moreover what I was referring too, not what you initially proposed. That being said, bad look for money grubbing Activision (and I say Activision because I honestly believe Bungie is being grabbed by the balls ny Activision in terms of how the game is geared.)

Arsenic

Years
  • That was moreover what I was referring too, not what you initially proposed. That being said, bad look for money grubbing Activision (and I say Activision because I honestly believe Bungie is being grabbed by the balls ny Activision in terms of how the game is geared.)

Not saying just saying ; ) Also I have the same hope about Bungie. They basically made my childhood so I like to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since publishers (and especially Activision) are the enemy of gamers everywhere.....

Edit: Looks like I was wrong they doubled down on MT shaders and from what I hear it includes all of the shaders. GG Activision. I can only hope that Bungie smartens up and realizes this is a terrible way to move forward...

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This game is tremendously better than Destiny. And when...

Spoiler:

Back