• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

self-driving cars

Years
  • it's not a secret that if you've ever remotely even put so much a cursory glance at tech news, the words "self-driving car" have appeared on a headline of a news outlet that you've frequented. they've been a pretty hot thing for the past decade or so, with automotive companies wanting to be the first to put the Next Big Thing out there to revolutionize how we get to point A to point B. none moreso than Google of course, but that's neither here nor there. of course, there have been some mishaps, but no technology is perfect, after all.

the big question being... do you personally trust them? do you consider yourself as someone who would also invest in the future of self-driving cars? what are your reservations, if any?

Years
  • i've seen videos in youtube of people driving a tesla and letting autopilot do the work in busy traffic. it seems a bit dangerous, if I'm being honest hahaha
    but it's good that the technology is developing but I personally think it still shouldn't be over-relied to when it comes to busy traffic

definitely a cool feature though!! its the future, I can bet

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    It's similar to the work that I do, so I'm not entirely certain on how much I trust it.

Even understanding the internal workings of it, I don't think it'll be a viable technology until another decade or so of R&D.

Back