• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battler Sprite Position

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey guys. I have a problem. I have imported all of the pokemon from gen 1-7 into my game. They are the old style front and backs. I positioned all the pokemon just as they were positioned in the essentials resource pack. But when i test them out in game they appear much lower than the original sprites and end up getting cut off to where only the head shows and not much of the body. Any idea why that could be happening? I end up having to move the sprites up and down to position each one accurately.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hey guys. I have a problem. I have imported all of the pokemon from gen 1-7 into my game. They are the old style front and backs. I positioned all the pokemon just as they were positioned in the essentials resource pack. But when i test them out in game they appear much lower than the original sprites and end up getting cut off to where only the head shows and not much of the body. Any idea why that could be happening? I end up having to move the sprites up and down to position each one accurately.

With old style you mean the static, not moving sprites? With positioned all the Pokémon just as they were positioned in the Ess. Rsrc. Pack you mean they have the exact same Coordinates as the original ones? And are you saying you replaced every single Pokémon's sprite? Are you using EBS? Did you save (if you used the editor)? Are the actual images themselves the same too?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    well i positioned them in photoshop.... how do i set each files coordinates?

That is one brilliant answer to about 7 questions, but you can position sprites using the Editor.exe file that came with Essentials.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    That is one brilliant answer to about 7 questions, but you can position sprites using the Editor.exe file that came with Essentials.

haha!! sorry i forgot to mention how i positioned them so i figured it would give abit more clarity... you are the best!! i forgot about the editor...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    ok now i have another issue... when i open editor and try to reposition sprites it gives me this error.

PokeBattle_Pokemon:891:in `initialize'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:133:in `new'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:133:in `pbChangeSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:168:in `pbSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:162:in `loop'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:182:in `pbSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:283:in `pbStart'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:282:in `loop'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:290:in `pbStart'
    EditorMain #####:111:in `pbEditorMenu'

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    ok now i have another issue... when i open editor and try to reposition sprites it gives me this error.

PokeBattle_Pokemon:891:in `initialize'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:133:in `new'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:133:in `pbChangeSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:168:in `pbSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:162:in `loop'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:182:in `pbSpecies'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:283:in `pbStart'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:282:in `loop'
    Pokemon_SpritePos #####:290:in `pbStart'
    EditorMain #####:111:in `pbEditorMenu'

Try reading the error.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I did read it. Why is 230 invalid though if its a png file and it does exist?

Species 230 is valid. That's the clue you have. Go into "pokemon.txt" and read up on species 229 - 231. Most likely something wrong there. Sprites cannot possibly give errors when compiling, as far as I know.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Species 230 is valid. That's the clue you have. Go into "pokemon.txt" and read up on species 229 - 231. Most likely something wrong there. Sprites cannot possibly give errors when compiling, as far as I know.

oh wow!! you are the best. I didn't understand what i was looking for. I found the error and have fixed it. Thanks again for your help!! Sorry for being sucha noob :3c

Back