• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my new team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2013
    Ok, here it goes.

Hippowdon. Impish with leftovers
    Ev's- 252 HP, 168 Defense, 88 Special defense
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Roar

Standard lead hippowdon. Just looking to set up sandstream and get up stealth rock.

Dugtrio (Arena trap). Jolly with Choice Band
    Ev's- 40 Defense, 252 Attack, 216 Speed
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch

My revenge killer.

Shuckle. Impish with Grip claw
    Ev's- 252 HP, 252 defense, 4 special defense
    Wrap
    Rest
    Mud Slap
    Encore

I love this thing. Its defenses are incredible in the sand storm. Wrap whatever switches into take him out. Encore whatever move they use. Mudslap can then be used to lower accuracy to ease the switch in. Now that they are trapped in one move I will switch too one of these three to hopefully set up a sweep.

Gyarados. Adamant with leftovers(life orb?)
    Ev's- 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Defense
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Waterfall

Standard Gyarados. Has alot of oppurtunities to switch in and set up following shuckle

Scizor (Technician). Adamant with life orb
    Ev's- 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
    Swords Dance
    Quick Attack
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break

Pretty bulky scizor, no need to invest in speed when it has two priority moves. Another tough poke to stop once it gets set up

Latias. Timid with life orb?
    Ev's- 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Calm Mind
    Grass Knot
    Dragon Pulse
    Surf

Offensive calm mind latias. My special sweeper.

So clearly the crux of this team is my shuckle, looking to set up the others with easy sweeps and dugtrio is there just in case anything goes wrong. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • You should also provide natures and traits, which will also really help out with others rating.

Anyway, as far as I know, Dugtrio is really bad in OU, since it's so frail. if you really want to keep it in, use Pursuit > Sucker Punch so you can kill Rotom-A and Latias. Other than that, I'd recommend this.

467.png
    @ Choice Scarf
    Magnet Pull
    Naive Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    - Explosion

This way you can easily revenge kill any Steel types that threaten your team, like Jirachi, Scizor and opposing Magnezone.

Next, since you're in the Sandstorm, Gyarados is going to want Leftovers and 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed for EVs.

Scizor want the EV Spread: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Speed, and you'd want Bug Bite/X-Scissor > Quick Attack for an extra STAB move.

I may be right or wrong, but I can't really point anything else out.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
  • Ok, here it goes.

Hippowdon. Impish with leftovers
    Ev's- 252 HP, 168 Defense, 88 Special defense
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch

Standard lead hippowdon. Just looking to set up sandstream and get up stealth rock.
    Lead Hippowdon are pretty good, but you obviously do not want Gengars to easily come in against this guy. Many Flying type leads such as Crobat have an easy time playing around with this guy. Crunch will help you take down Those Pesky Crobats as well as OHKO Gengars.

Dugtrio (Arena trap). Jolly with Choice Band
    Ev's- 40 Defense, 252 Attack, 216 Speed
    Earthquake
    Pursuit
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch

My revenge killer.
    In my experiance at battling, Aerial Ace was not useful. you may be thinking about how it can OHKO Heracross and Machamps, but I highly suggest you do not have it. Pursuit will let you revenge kill Gyarados, Staraptors, Gengars, and any other flying types/ Ghost levitates out there.

Shuckle. Impish with Grip claw
    Ev's- 252 HP, 252 defense, 4 special defense
    Wrap
    Rest
    Protect
    Encore/Toxic

I love this thing. Its defenses are incredible in the sand storm. Wrap whatever switches into take him out. Encore whatever move they use. Mudslap can then be used to lower accuracy to ease the switch in. Now that they are trapped in one move I will switch too one of these three to hopefully set up a sweep.
    Mud Slap wont do you a whole lot of good... depending on hax is the worst way to play. Strategy is much more effective than luck. Protect and Toxic can easily slowly kill the opponent.

Gyarados. Adamant with leftovers(life orb?)
    Ev's- 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Defense
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Waterfall

Standard Gyarados. Has alot of oppurtunities to switch in and set up following shuckle

Scizor (Technician). Adamant with Life Orb
    Ev's- 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
    Swords Dance
    Bug Bite
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break

Pretty bulky scizor, no need to invest in speed when it has two priority moves. Another tough poke to stop once it gets set up
    I really do not see the point in 2 priority moves. Bug Bite will help much more than quick attack in stab and technician.

Latias. Timid with Life Orb
    Ev's- 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Calm Mind
    Grass Knot
    Dragon Pulse
    Surf

Offensive calm mind latias. My special sweeper.

So clearly the crux of this team is my shuckle, looking to set up the others with easy sweeps and dugtrio is there just in case anything goes wrong. Let me know what you think.

Your team is way out of balance comparing specials to physical. The only special attacker you have is Latias, so a Skarmory will have an easy time working to destroy this team. Your defense side is weak aswell. One idea is to remove gyarados and replace it with a Magnezone.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Magnet Pull
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    ~T-Bolt
    ~HP Grass
    ~Sub
    ~Magnet Rise

Pretty Standard, but works well with your team and a great Skarmory counter. By looking at your team you are not using sand storm to many advantages... except maybe Shuckle...

Torment Heatran can work extremely well in a sand storm team. Tyranotar can be especially useful as a Mix T-Tar.

Hippowdon
    Dugtrio
    Shuckle
    Magnezone
    Scizor
    Heatran/Mix T-Tar

There you go.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hippowdon
    Dugtrio
    Shuckle
    Magnezone
    Scizor
    Heatran/Mix T-Tar

There you go.

Then his entire team is destroyed by anything with a fast Surf.

Anyways if one more person does this im going to make it a rule and infract people for it. So here it is;

ON A WEATHER TEAM YOUR ENTIRE TEAM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IMMUNE TO THE WEATHER BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR TEAM LOW KICK/SURF/GRASS KNOT AND METAGAME WEAK.

Back