• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] best battle of the anime

Years
  • In terms of actual animation and battling, Ash's battle with Alain (even though I've only seen snippets of it) looks the best to me.
    But Ash v Paul and Ash v Tobias in the Sinnoh League were great as well.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Animation: Ash vs Sawyer
    Backstory: Ash vs Paul

Animation battle is second though. There's an as of yet unaired dubbed battle SM that I think k is better.

Years
  • Animation: Ash vs Sawyer
    Backstory: Ash vs Paul

Animation battle is second though. There's an as of yet unaired dubbed battle SM that I think k is better.

Just wondering, but do you think that the animation of the SM series makes the battles look better? Cause while I haven't seen it, I've seen plenty of people who think that.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just wondering, but do you think that the animation of the SM series makes the battles look better? Cause while I haven't seen it, I've seen plenty of people who think that.

The animation is better. The SM anime uses a lot of in between frames in scenes when for expression and a simpler style means that animators can churn out these frames quicker than they could have done had the anime retained XY's art style.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Ash vs Gary and Ash vs Harrison from the Johto league Silver Conference. In my opinion the two best done and most dramatic battles of the series.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • Here you go, my top 10. Its in no particular order :

Ash Vs Clemont(Kalos Gym Battle) Really impressive animation, tonnes of build-up, awesome teams. Shit was cash.

Ash Vs Paul(Sinnoh League) While it drags on for a little too long the battle's pretty freaking cool. Probably Ash's best roster ever in the show. My second favourite of Ash's Pokemon, Infernape (my avatar is my fav), wrecks house.

Ash Vs Gary(Johto League) Ash uses some interesting Pokemon (Pikachu doesn't even battle). Gary's f***ing Gary. Scizor's dope.

Ash Vs Korrina(Kalos Gym Battle) Really well animated (all of the XY Gym Battles are stunning. Especially compared to Gens 1-5). Mega Lucario's awesome. Ash's team's pretty dope (Hawlucha, Pikachu, Fletchinder)

Ash Vs Drake(Orange League) The first 6v6 battle in the show. My second favourite dragon Pokemon Dragonite kicks some ass.

Ash Vs Noland(Battle Frontier's Battle Factory) Charizard Vs Articuno.Cool as f***.

Ash Vs Brandon(3rd Battle, Battle Frontier's Battle Pyramid.) Ash battles to get his final Frontier Symbol. Pikachu Vs Regice, man!

Ash Vs Tobias(Lilly of Valley conference) Seeing Ash taking on a Latios and a Darkrai is so awesome.

Ash Vs Harrison(Johto League) Both battlers have cool teams. Climaxes in Charizard Vs Blaziken (not that I liked the climax). First look at some Gen III Pokemon in the series which made it really dope at the time.

Ash Vs Maylene(Sinnoh Gym Battle) Buizel goes up against Lucario. Aura Sphere Vs Water Pulse. Well animated.Cool use of abilities. Fun to watch.

Back