• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] [FR] PGE ini record number issue

Years
  • Hello PC, I am having an issue with expanding the move table for fire red. I have followed jambos and itmans tutorial. I know I am doing the hex part correct because I can see the names in PGE but when I click on an added move, I get an error and the application wants to shutdown.

I am using the 3.8.1. The tutorials say to add & or &H before the offset in the ini file but PGE won't find any names(added or vanilla) if I do so. I ignore that and put the offsets in in the same format PGE has for it's ini.

PGE has a "add move" patcher which I tried to use. When I tested it in the first battle (you vs rival) tackle only did 1 damage to hp on both sides. I checked the hex for tackle in both roms and they are identical so PGE isn't changing tackles info but the damage calculator? PGE is moving more data around than just the tables(look at next paragraph for evidence) I decided to use the exact offsets as PGE but followed jambos tutorial to see if she would prefer it. I still get the same error. I moved the move table, names, descriptions and animations to the exact locations PGE moves them to so PGE is checking some other offset that I'm not editing.

I then decided to take my rom and the PGE edited version and make a patch. I pacthed my rom and saw pge wasn't just moving pointers and the tables but it was changing all sorts of different offsets. Any reason why? It changed like 50 offsets with byte sizes ranging from 12-1000+. I went through them, none of them are solely pointers(checking if I missed some).

Im trying to increase the move table to 511 and then go through the move resource page and add whatever moves I can. What am I doing wrong?

I was able to get g3t to work, kind of. It's animation pointers we're all wrong but still played the animations. For thunderpunch it said the animation offset was "3" but thunderpunch still played the proper animation. G3t also gave me an error saying I needed to change "movenames" when I clearly changed it to the correct offset. When I changed it back to the normal offset, it worked. It seems as if both programs are buggy or hate me. I'm thinking the ladder :(

Any help would be appreciated!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hello PC, I am having an issue with expanding the move table for fire red. I have followed jambos and itmans tutorial. I know I am doing the hex part correct because I can see the names in PGE but when I click on an added move, I get an error and the application wants to shutdown.

I am using the 3.8.1. The tutorials say to add & or &H before the offset in the ini file but PGE won't find any names(added or vanilla) if I do so. I ignore that and put the offsets in in the same format PGE has for it's ini.

PGE has a "add move" patcher which I tried to use. When I tested it in the first battle (you vs rival) tackle only did 1 damage to hp on both sides. I checked the hex for tackle in both roms and they are identical so PGE isn't changing tackles info but the damage calculator? PGE is moving more data around than just the tables(look at next paragraph for evidence) I decided to use the exact offsets as PGE but followed jambos tutorial to see if she would prefer it. I still get the same error. I moved the move table, names, descriptions and animations to the exact locations PGE moves them to so PGE is checking some other offset that I'm not editing.

I then decided to take my rom and the PGE edited version and make a patch. I pacthed my rom and saw pge wasn't just moving pointers and the tables but it was changing all sorts of different offsets. Any reason why? It changed like 50 offsets with byte sizes ranging from 12-1000+. I went through them, none of them are solely pointers(checking if I missed some).

Im trying to increase the move table to 511 and then go through the move resource page and add whatever moves I can. What am I doing wrong?

I was able to get g3t to work, kind of. It's animation pointers we're all wrong but still played the animations. For thunderpunch it said the animation offset was "3" but thunderpunch still played the proper animation. G3t also gave me an error saying I needed to change "movenames" when I clearly changed it to the correct offset. When I changed it back to the normal offset, it worked. It seems as if both programs are buggy or hate me. I'm thinking the ladder :(

Any help would be appreciated!
    Minimal support for PGE is currently offered here. I'll take a look at your issue on there sometime over the weekend.

Years
  • Figured out my problem. Attack Description offset was wrong and it would cause the whole the application to crash. Side note: PGE does change a lot more data then what seems necessary. I can send over a IPS log to show all the offsets its changing.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Figured out my problem. Attack Description offset was wrong and it would cause the whole the application to crash. Side note: PGE does change a lot more data then what seems necessary. I can send over a IPS log to show all the offsets its changing.

This is false.

Back