• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Farming items

Years
  • In Pokemon Sword and Shield it's possible to farm items. As we've seen with games of the same generation they generally keep the same trends that were included in their respective tiers.

Do you think farming items would cheapen the experience? Should they include this feature or not?

pkmin3033

I think they should include as many options as they can - just because it's possible to farm items doesn't mean that you have to do it. There is an awful lot of complaining about accessibility features in Pokemon games saying that it makes them "easier" - which it doesn't - without realising that the option to just not engage with them is there too. The sole exception to this was in SnS where you couldn't turn the EXP Share off, which they definitely should NOT do with these games, but anything else? Definitely! Some of us don't have time to waste on repetetitive time-consuming tasks, and the ability to cut down on time wasted if you wish to can only be a positive feature as long as you're not forced to engage with it. Farm away.

Years
  • Essentially what Dawn said, I think. I love being able to farm items the way we can in SwSh since it helps speed up an otherwise very slow process. Doing things the slow way isn't difficult or anything - it just makes things faster, so I appreciated the ability to skip an otherwise tedious process as someone who has done things the original/slower way for ages already. I'd like if they brought the feature over, but I'm not too sure if it will be.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If there is some kind of item farming, I think it will be related to Sinnoh Underground.
    This would draw more attention to this feature.

Back