• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Clubhouse Help

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
not to be blunt or harsh, but this section will only survive so long as there's a long-term vision or goal to it. cute and fuzzy club feeling and nostalgia clearly is not doing this section any favours. i've already mentioned my personal suggestions, so it's up to the mod(s) to incorporate whichever suggestion they see fit in the best manner they feel would benefit the forum.

don't get me wrong i want the best for this forum! but it also should move past the 2006-2007-era club mindset and perhaps more into what 2019-2020 clubs could be like, instead.

Aha, I am the kind who clings to the past with these sorts of things, so admittedly my views/suggestions are with 2010s PC in mind. ^^; I'm just wondering what a 2020 club might look like, I suppose. I'm hopelessly far behind when it comes to the internet and latest trends, so I'm uncertain how this would be done on modern social platforms (if clubs are even a thing anymore?). I guess Discord is predominant in that regard. The servers act like clubs. I wonder if there's anything we could take from Discord that might help The Clubhouse, if not a channel dedicated to it? Maybe a role like Club Member/Owner which can be pinged for events or updates. Just a thought!

the staff here have supported the section with their activity. im part of the LGBT club, the Dragalia Lost Club and the Mental Health club. tyler/erik destler created the LGBT club and iirc Janna/Sheep frequents the Mental Health club. it's really not for a lack of effort or anything like that. there are things that can very well be improved upon and i don't think it's wise to dismiss criticism or suggestions and just say "post more!". if people aren't posting as much as they should or used to, then perhaps it's worth examining why that is and why there's such an disinterest instead of redirecting the blame towards the users for not posting as much.

Oh, I hope that part of my message didn't sound accusative or called anyone out—it was meant more as encouragement! I don't wish to undermine the efforts of those who have contributed. And of course, it's such a busy time of year that we can't expect a lot of activity, but I do think the idea of staff working cooperatively to help each other's sections could be really beneficial. (Not sure if this idea might do better in Stuff Hub in order to get more feedback, but I'll explain it here anyway). I certainly value the support offered by the staff members who have posted in The Clubhouse, don't get me wrong! I love seeing them around, including yourself! But it's been more casual, like popping into Off Topic, for example. What I'm talking about is an active group effort to help the mod(s) of a section boost activity and motivation. When a section is dead, that's all people notice, so they're less likely to engage—which of course exacerbates the issue. Now, if we as staff banded together and posted back and forth to make the section seem more lively, others may want in! That's my experience. It doesn't hurt to try it out while we brainstorm new approaches to The Clubhouse.^ ^

I personally don't think that's asking too much, either. It wouldn't be mandatory after all; just a nice courtesy shown to fellow staff when it's requested. :) For example, I might say "hey everyone, Trivia could use a boost and I'd appreciate any threads/ideas/posts you have to make!" and staff could volunteer to help out! A little bit like that "post in the section of the poster above" game in Staff Hangout, but taken more seriously. Another thing to note: I must stress that it would need to be an active effort carried out by at least two members, who respond to each other in posts, otherwise it's just the same as things are now.

Also, this isn't directed toward any particular individual, but... I'm still a bit lost on the role of Mod Leads so far, and believe having them participate in different sections to promote activity might help mitigate this? The Mod Leads will also get the same thing in return, so it wouldn't be exclusively up to them, but this may at least provide a more apparent role!

Also, to anyone reading, this doesn't have to be just staff by the way—we'd love for others to help out! :D

there are things that can very well be improved upon and i don't think it's wise to dismiss criticism or suggestions and just say "post more!"

I agree, and I'm not dismissing criticism (I don't mean to at least), but I feel that the staff who approached Milotic/Fairy about the option to close this place (as well as anyone who thinks that is the most pragmatic decision) could first look for ways to help while being more active/vocal in this thread. I don't know, I hate to say this, but opting to close seems like a lazy approach; a reason to not have to bother anymore. I just feel like a lot more positive contributions could be made before The Clubhouse's disbandment. Mind you, I am not a pragmatist and tend to speak from my emotions, so all this probably falls flat where others are concerned. :p This makes me terrible at arguing, always has!

probably worth a shot! but i will say that in the past, non-Off-Topic DCCs don't tend to have great activity (heck, even off-topic's own DCC can be pretty shaky which probably says something about the state of DCCs overall).

Yeah, that's unfortunately true... most DCCs do tend to flag, but it might worth a trial run! We may as well try as many suggestions as possible if this section will be short-lived. With that in mind, the mini DCC idea also has potential, although we'd need some way of describing these new changes in order for them to hopefully capture members' attention!

Speaking of which, how about advertising the latest event? Those prizes might spark some excitement! :)

agreed. i think sam and jo should be given a fair shot to come up with as many ideas as possible and try them out, and see if it works. im looking forward to seeing what kind of ideas they come up with based on the suggestions in this thread. ^^

Yes, definitely! Let's give it a fair go. Maybe things will pick up after the busy Christmas season? I know that Milotic feels passionately about The Clubhouse and I'm sure her sentiments are shared by Fairy and the regulars here, so I really don't want to see that dedication go to waste! <3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I hope double posts are okay here! Something just occurred to me that might prove helpful, who knows? :)

What if the thread title of a club was changed to reflect a popular topic, or a current event etc.? With the topic going before the club name but remaining succinct and relevant to that club. For example: Your Latest Shiny ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I was just thinking this might attract attention, since thread titles are what draw people in, and topics could seem more engaging! Of course, it's an effort on the club owner's behalf, and many will probably avoid doing so, but I might personally try this out with my own clubs to see how it goes. ^_^

Back