• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR/EM]Show item image when it added to the bag

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Good morning!
These days i saw an update of an Italian hack, where there was a very interesting feature, that is the loading the image of items when they added to the bag.
Since it seemed like a nice thing to implement in our ROMs, today i'll explain how to do that!

# 1 - Hook and Routine asm
Spoiler:

Important notes:
- it's not compatible with Jpan's Hacked Engine, for now
- The routine works only with the type message 1 (MSG_FIND) of the giveitem:

#2 - Final Result:
9qQLLYC.png

excuse me when i assembled the code it gave binaries in chinese lang can you help please.
thx in advance.

EDIT: found my mistake. sorry for the disturbance

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Good morning!
These days i saw an update of an Italian hack, where there was a very interesting feature, that is the loading the image of items when they added to the bag.
Since it seemed like a nice thing to implement in our ROMs, today i'll explain how to do that!

Spoiler:

Important notes:

#2 - Final Result:
9qQLLYC.png

its late but i figured out a mistake that was screwing up some of the roms. instead of xxxxxx offset should be inserted in little endian + 1. now it works for me .

Last edited:

X_Zenith

Banned
Years
Good morning!

Spoiler:

Important notes:

#2 - Final Result:
9qQLLYC.png

for how many bytes i have to find free space for this please help

Back