• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Ratings

Alexander18

Banned
Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    A third version requires, obviously, only one extra version, NOT two. So no, not a third version. At most, you can call it an expansion pack.

And yes, actually, the examples I cited were due to very poor ratings, regardless of whether people actually liked the show. Heck, Last Man Standing got cancelled despite it being very popular among audiences (there was an uproar over the whole cancellation). And don't forget, Bleach was popular enough that they're actually making a movie about it right now, yet that never stopped the anime from being cancelled precisely BECAUSE of very bad ratings. If those examples can get cancelled despite popularity due to bad ratings, Pokémon most certainly can as well. Heck, Super Mario World got cancelled as well, and that was DESPITE the Mario games being VERY popular, including Super Mario World when it first came out.
    It is a third version that happens to be two games. This can not be denied.

Sorry but i just don't buy the whole low ratings equals cancellation of pokemon. It is not gonna happen. Again this can't be denied.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It is a third version that happens to be two games. This can not be denied.

Sorry but i just don't buy the whole low ratings equals cancellation of pokemon. It is not gonna happen. Again this can't be denied.

Yeah, actually, it CAN be denied. If I were to use the term "third version", I would use it in the most exact manner possible (ie, it can't have more than two versions released at the same time, be only ONE game alone, like how Blue, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum literally only had one version available as a third version. I'm not counting Yellow since that was more of a special edition to promote the Anime in its heyday.). So no, under the exact terminology, while it may not be a sequel, it certainly isn't a third version either due to their being two versions released simultaneously (now, if it were named "Pokémon Eclipse", THEN it would be a third version). The most you CAN call it under 100% accuracy is "expansion packs".

As far as low ratings equaling cancellation of Pokémon, I provided multiple examples of shows, both out of and inside Japan, where this rang true, and many of them were both popular and intended to promote the franchise by acting as advertisement vehicles. If they get cancelled due to low ratings, REGARDLESS of how well liked or how well received the shows are, it would stand to reason that Pokémon has the exact same fate.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah, actually, it CAN be denied. If I were to use the term "third version", I would use it in the most exact manner possible (ie, it can't have more than two versions released at the same time, be only ONE game alone, like how Blue, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum literally only had one version available as a third version. I'm not counting Yellow since that was more of a special edition to promote the Anime in its heyday.). So no, under the exact terminology, while it may not be a sequel, it certainly isn't a third version either due to their being two versions released simultaneously (now, if it were named "Pokémon Eclipse", THEN it would be a third version). The most you CAN call it under 100% accuracy is "expansion packs".

As far as low ratings equaling cancellation of Pokémon, I provided multiple examples of shows, both out of and inside Japan, where this rang true, and many of them were both popular and intended to promote the franchise by acting as advertisement vehicles. If they get cancelled due to low ratings, REGARDLESS of how well liked or how well received the shows are, it would stand to reason that Pokémon has the exact same fate.

Going to disagree with you. I consider them third versions and i do not believe pokemon is getting cancelled.

You may have provided examples on what got cancelled but it does not mean it would happen with pokemon.

Those who say pokemon is getting cancelled are clearly not having any faith in writers and in the game developers. My opinion.

Agree to disagree as we seem to be getting no where.

Back