• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Perspective" map view in certain maps in Essentials 12.2?

Years
  • How to force a certain map view in certain maps in Essentials 12.2? [If you provide the code you will be credited in my game!]

If you used an old version of Essentials (Around 2010 -2011) before they gave it number like 1, 2, 3, ect. You may have noticed that in the options menu of the game there was a map view setting, and you cloud switch between Original, Custom, and Perspective. Original and custom looked the same to be honest and Perspective has more of a side view just like in Gen 4. I'm asking if its possible to force a map have the perspective view in Essentials 12.2, not that I don't want an option on the screen I just want it forced so that in a big city with tall buildings feels bigger. I'm not a programmer so it would be nice if you post the code (You WILL be credited in my game if it works!).

(Sorry I can't post links, but that is a pic of a map with perspective and the option screen)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Settings Script Section said:
    # * Map view mode (0=original, 1=custom, 2=perspective).
    MAPVIEWMODE = 1

For using this mode when loading a save: Before line '$PokemonMap=metadata' on PokémonLoad add line '$PokemonSystem.tilemap = MAPVIEWMODE if $PokemonSystem.tilemap != MAPVIEWMODE'.
    ------------------------------------------

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry! Use '$PokemonSystem.tilemap = 2' script line before the teleport to the area and '$PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1' before exiting of the area.

Fly/Escape Rope and losing can mess with this. In order to fix this problem, just made checks before these events change your location.

Years
  • Sorry! Use '$PokemonSystem.tilemap = 2' script line before the teleport to the area and '$PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1' before exiting of the area.

Fly/Escape Rope and losing can mess with this. In order to fix this problem, just made checks before these events change your location.

Ok so I'm assuming that I put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 2 in a auto run event using the script thingy, and also put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 In a auto run event the gates to the city and for losing the game I can put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 in the Start over script for all the Nurse Joys, but Idk how to fix Flying and Escape roping, Assuming that I will have to put the line $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 in one of the several script sections.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ok so I'm assuming that I put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 2 in a auto run event using the script thingy, and also put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 In a auto run event the gates to the city and for losing the game I can put: $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 in the Start over script for all the Nurse Joys, but Idk how to fix Flying and Escape roping, Assuming that I will have to put the line $PokemonSystem.tilemap = 1 in one of the several script sections.
    I suggest you to put an event command before the teleport command rather than auto run events.

Try to put the command after lines:

Code:
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used the Escape Rope.",$Trainer.name))

Code:
    if !pbHiddenMoveAnimation(pokemon)
      Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used {2}!",pokemon.name,PBMoves.getName(move)))
    end

Back