• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] what level should I be at this point?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I just got to Hammerlocke, kinda got my ass beat by the cafe owner, who had Pokemon at the unexpectedly high level of 37. Was the game expecting me to be closer to that at this point, or was he just a weird exception or something?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    the same thing just happened to me.

and here i thought i was at a pretty decent level.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ok so I got a bit farther today and I'm pretty sure I'm fine level-wise and that the cafe owner is just an unusually high level

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The cafe owner(s) are kind of weird since you're supposed to keep going to him daily for the entirety of your game -- like it needs to be easy enough for people just getting there but also entertaining enough for late game play. The jump in level was drastic tho, I agree.

Back