• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Changing player's ow sprite in-game like aethestode

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    I love how aethestode can change the ow sprite to blue or green in the level script after he warps. How does he change the player to other ow sprites??

I know how to do a level script so thats not a problem.

I would greatly appreciate it as it would help my hack in progress. Thanks so much in advance

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm not Aethestode so can't say for sure exactly what they did, but as JPAN's Hacked Engine for FireRed is listed in the credits I think it's safe to say they used it =) it's been a long time since I looked at it but iirc there is a special in there that will allow you to change the player character's OW sprite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    I'm not Aethestode so can't say for sure exactly what they did, but as JPAN's Hacked Engine for FireRed is listed in the credits I think it's safe to say they used it =) it's been a long time since I looked at it but iirc there is a special in there that will allow you to change the player character's OW sprite.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate that. I actually found a workaround where basically you put the player on tile where you can't see him like on a house or a tree thats near where the cutscene is happening. That's way more easier than changing an overworld sprite or using JPAN's engine.

Back