• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] A quick question on moves

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2018
    Hi, i am a little confused.

I remember there being information during battle on whether a pokemon's move is effective or not effectivr or normal. But now i cant seem to see that information anymore. Why is that?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Pokemon move being effective is based on the target Pokemon's Typing and the typing of the attack being used. If nothing is said about a move being Super Effective(x2 or x4) or Not Very Effective(x1/2 or 1/4), the move does normal damage(x1). Knowing what damage a move does requires learning the Type chart and knowing the Typing of the enemy Pokemon in question. So for example, let's say the target Pokemon is Bulbasaur(Grass/Poison). Grass is vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison and Bug while Poison is vulnerable to Ground and Psychic. While that may be a lot of vulnerabilities, combined they reduce the vulnerability gap a bit. Grass reduces Poison's vulnerability to Ground while Poison reduces Grass' vulnerability to Poison and Bug. Still leaves Fire, Ice, Flying and Psychic but its better than it once was.

If you need help in knowing what moves are effective against what Pokemon, a helpful resource is Pokemon Database. There are other resources besides this one but I find that one to be one of the better ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2018
    Hi, thank you for the response.

But what i am wondering is, that i remember being able to see whether a move of a pokemon is effective or not at the moves list during battle. But now, it doesnt show that anymore.. am i missing something here?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hi, thank you for the response.

But what i am wondering is, that i remember being able to see whether a move of a pokemon is effective or not at the moves list during battle. But now, it doesnt show that anymore.. am i missing something here?

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, that isn't in this game. It's only in Sun, Moon and the Ultra games.

Back