• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A good team for SoulSilver?

Years
  • So yeah, since i bought Soul Silver(yesterday) i was wondering, what would be a good team for this game.
    I started with Cyndaquil, and captured a Hoothoot. What other Pokémon can i catch to have a good team?

Hi, that's it, i need suggestions for a run of SoulSilver, i picked up Cyndaquil and captured a Hoothoot.
    Other GOOD pokemon that i can have in my team? i was thinking of magnemite and the gyarados from the lake

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • If you need a team just for the playthrough, choose which ever you want since you dont need strong, perfect IV, EV trained teams to go through the story.
    Unless you really want that, in which case I cant help :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You should get yourself a Psychic or Ghost type. If you can trade, you can add a Gengar or an Alakazam to your team. If not, you should go with something like Jynx, Exeggutor, or Espeon.

You may also want a Ground type, like Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Marowak, or Steelix.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Noctowl can learn Shadow Ball, and Gyarados can learn Bite, so Umbreon is kinda redundant if you ask me. If I were you, I'd add a Grass type, like Vileplume, Victreebel, Exeggutor, or Tangrowth.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    If you can manage to capture one, Tauros makes a really good teammate for a simple in-game run. Even when caught at level 13, a Taurous can rip through Morty's gym with Pursuit!

Years
  • I Caught a Nidoran, so i have 3 pokemons right now.
    so i'm going to capture a Tauros and then the remaining ones.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Team help threads of any kind do not belong in Fourth Generation, so I'm just going to move this into In-game Team Help.

See you around!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hey there guy. You made two threads, so I went ahead and merged both of them. Anyway, just double check next time! Cheers.

Years
  • Hey there guy. You made two threads, so I went ahead and merged both of them. Anyway, just double check next time! Cheers.

yeah i made another one :( , thanks for that buddy<3

also Stantler is better than Tauros? why?

EDIT: Now my equip is: Quilava, Nidorino, Noctowl and Magnemite

i'll won't add another teammate until i get to the red Gyarados, but after i don't know who i'll add :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • To bump this thread i have a question....

Should i catch a Poliwag or should i wait for the Red Gyarados?
    since i already have a flying type (Noctowl) it can be kind of redundant, also Gyarados doesn't learn the water attacks i want :( so Poliwag and his evolutions could be a nice idea?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To bump this thread i have a question....

Should i catch a Poliwag or should i wait for the Red Gyarados?
    since i already have a flying type (Noctowl) it can be kind of redundant, also Gyarados doesn't learn the water attacks i want :( so Poliwag and his evolutions could be a nice idea?

One good thing about Gyarados is that since it has Intimidate, it's able to withstand more physical hits than average. Say, if you ever wind up facing something like Metagross, you could instantly switch into this Pokémon and have it taken down with an easy Earthquake. If you're worried about type balance, though, then you should probably stick with Poliwag. As for which evolution you should go for, I'd say Poliwrath. Politoed is okay, but in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it doesn't have Drizzle ability, unfortunately, so it won't be able to perform as good.

Years
  • One good thing about Gyarados is that since it has Intimidate, it's able to withstand more physical hits than average. Say, if you ever wind up facing something like Metagross, you could instantly switch into this Pokémon and have it taken down with an easy Earthquake. If you're worried about type balance, though, then you should probably stick with Poliwag. As for which evolution you should go for, I'd say Poliwrath. Politoed is okay, but in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it doesn't have Drizzle ability, unfortunately, so it won't be able to perform as good.

too bad i was in a hurry an captured a Wooper. :(

Back