• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCG Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

• Tournament Game Plan

• Day One: Sign Up!
    • Day Two: Round One!
    • Day Three: Round Two!
    • Day Four: Round Three!
    • End of Get-Together: Results Tallied and Prizes Given!

Permitted playing methods:

• Redshark
    • Instant Messages

Helpful Links

• PokeCommunity Get-Together Pokemon TCG Tournament!

What is this?

To put it simply, this is a tournament involving decks of cards from the Pokemon TCG. All actual cards are legal, as long as you can find it in PokeGym's Research Tower.

• The only banned cards for this event that you can find in the Research Tower are: _______'s Pikachu and Ancient Mew, since it's easy for a member to give a fake birthday and it's not easy to find the correct translation of Ancient Mew

How It Will Work:

The tournament will follow the schedule listed to the right under "Tournament Game Plan". YOU ONLY HAVE 24 HOURS FROM WHEN PAIRINGS ARE POSTED TO PLAY YOUR MATCH! Matches will be arranged by both record and time zone to increase the odds that more matches will actually get to be played. First and second place will get shiny emblems as a prize. And you'll get a match for participating, as long as you manage to get a match in.

What Info We Need From You:

• The time zone you're in
    • Times you'll be available online

This is all just to make it so you actually have a better chance of playing your match by making it against someone who will be online at the same time as you.

Tournament Play Rules

1. STANDARD PLAYING RULES APPLY
      • THE ONLY RULE THAT CAN BE WAIVED IS THE MULLIGAN RULE, BUT ONLY IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO WAIVE THE RULE
    2. Play with the deck as it's dealt to you! Don't fudge your turn if it doesn't benefit you!
      • That would be cheating, and cheating is unsportsmanlike and is NOT TOLERATED when you go to official events!
      • You also don't learn anything about the game or how well your deck plays if you cheat!
    3. Let your opponent know when and which Pokemon of yours has been knocked out.
    4. If your opponent asks to "see" your discard pile, list the cards for them.
    5. It is a MUST that you make your every play known, short of when you shuffle the cards in your hand around.
      • For cards going from your hand to your deck, simply stating how many cards you are shuffling back into your deck will suffice, unless the card says to show it to your opponent before shuffling it in.
    6. If you use a Pokemon Power, you must ask your opponent if he or she will use Power Spray or the Power of the Mysterious Treasures Alakazam to counter it before moving on with your turn. NO EXCEPTIONS!

RedShark and Hamachi Download Guide

1. Download RedShark from here and install it.
    2. Download Hamachi from here.
      • Choose the Free Download option, and then select the "Free Version" download option on the next page.
      • Click the green Get Started button, agree to the Conditions of Use, and then click the Download Now button under the Unmanaged column.
      • Run the installer.

If you need any clarification, just ask!

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • id like to sign up. central time zone, and unless something comes up, i should b home all day during the get together.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    sign me up, I'm in the eastern united states and should be available any time

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I would like to enter to. I'm Eastern and will only be around at like night-ish from 10PM to like 1 AM (Eastern time).

BTW, do you allow proxies? I'm still waiting for like a few of my cards to come. And is this through webcam or through RedShark? Thanks :)

Years
  • You can use a webcam if your IM client supports it and your opponent also has one and is willing to use it. But you still should use the IM client to state what you are doing so that your opponent knows what's going on. Alternatively, you can use RedShark and Hamachi to play.

As for proxies, we won't be allowing any at this time, since not every participant is likely to know how a proxy card works.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    made my deck. There aren't any restrictions I hope...
    I actually havent played in years so I'm exicted to learn/play again

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    sign me up, im available tonight 10pm - 1am pacific time and on sunday the same times and monday etc just not tmr

Years
  • Well, we won't actually begin any matches until tomorrow because we wanted to give everyone a chance to sign up before we started.

Pairings will be posted up at about 11 PM Central Time, which is 12 AM on the East Coast and 5 AM GMT.

Also: Don't forget to post your match results in this thread when you finish your match for the day!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Looks like we have four players so far. Registration will close at midnight Eastern time, half an hour from now, and pairings will be posted shortly afterwards.

Years
  • REGISTRATION CLOSED! We are now working on the pairings for Day 1, and by we, I mean mostly Rocket_Executive. XP

Also, even if you missed the registration deadline, though, I may still be willing to play a match with someone! I will not be participating in the tournament, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Pairings - ROUND 1

Here are the pairings for round 1 of the Get-together TCG tourny:

Warrior Rapter vs. AceDragonite

fuzzywuzzy229 vs. elitetrainer

Please note: Warrior Rapter is noted as being Central Time, and is 1 hour behind AceDragonite.

elitetrainer is noted as being Pacific Time, and is 3 hours behind fuzzywuzzy229.

Please keep this in mind when you are planning your times. Round 1 of the tournament has officially started, so get in touch with your partner as soon as possible and post the results of your match before 12pm midnight Eastern Time (24 hours after this post).

If there are any problems/concerns, Donavannj and I will be alternatively online to address them. PM whichever of us is online and we will do our best to fix it.

GOOD LUCK! :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    We still have 1 team who still needs to report their match, so we're going to post the next pairings tomorrow morning. Try to submit your match results as soon as possible guys!

Years
  • Sorry for the delay! PC had a DBE while I was updating the parings.

Warrior Rapter (1-0) vs. fuzzywuzzy229 (0-0)

(0-1) AceDragonite vs. elitetrainer (0-0)

Please contact your opponent and set up your match!

Any questions, feel free to contact myself or Rocket_Executive!

Years
  • FINAL STANDINGS

As of now, the tournament is officially over! Here are the final standings:

1. fuzzywuzzy229 (1-0)
    2. Warrior Rapter (1-1)
    3. AceDragonite (0-1)
    4. elitetrainer (0-0)

Congratulations to fuzzywuzzy229 on winning the tournament, and to Warrior Rapter for finishing second! Better luck next time to the rest of you, and I hope you'll be around for next year's Get-Together!

I hope you all had a great time playing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back