• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ranger's Challenge

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

This challenge is only applicable for Gen III and above.

The Ranger's Challenge

Getting tired of destroying the game with your starter? Do you want to keep your adventure fresh throughout your journey? In this challenge, Pokemon Assist Points (AP) are registered to each pokemon by the time of capture. The amount of Assist Points given is determined by type of Pokeball used, and each time your pokemon levels up, it loses one AP. Once a Pokemon reaches 0 AP, it can no longer accompany you in your journey - and you will have to release/box it. The rates are as follows:

• Pokeball - 12 AP (in other words, you may keep your pokemon for 11 levels; release at 12th)
    • Great Ball - 15 AP
    • Ultra Ball - 18 AP
    • Master Ball - 21 AP
    • Other - 15 AP
    • [Special] Rare Candies will add additional AP to your pokemon. The maximum amount of rare candies that may be used on a single pokemon depends on the number of markings (●, ▲, ■, ♥, ★ and ♦) you can place via Storage System. Add a mark everytime you give them one to keep track.
    • [Special] Luxury, Love and Friend Balls will allow you to befriend ANY pokemon -- granting you their assistance until they reach lv 80. Only ONE befriended Pokemon is allowed in a single playthrough.
    Reminder: Your Pokemon's status screen has a record of what level it was caught. Give your team a check once in a while to remind you of when others shall be released.
    • Hacking is NOT allowed.
    • Trading Pokemon is only allowed if done with NPCs. The new Pokemon will follow Challenge Rules, with a brand new set of AP.
    • The challenge ends when the credits roll

Entry/Registration Form:
    Name -
    Molivious
    Game - Alpha Sapphire

Challengers:
    Molivious - Alpha Sapphire​
    LRachelr5 - Soul Silver | Diamond

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Started my journey with Treecko. With May's guidance, I've managed to catch a couple of wild pokemon and some unique ones, too. Together with my team, we've reached Rustboro fairly easily. As we fought for Rustboro's gym badge, Lotad evolved into Lombre and soon won against Roxanne's Nosepass for us. Later on, we got involved into some trouble with a Team Aqua grunt, but it ended pretty quickly. As I was trying to fill my pokedex, I stumbled upon a pretty powerful Taillow in Route 116, with Sky Attack in it's arsenal. Although barely, I managed to greet him into our team -- Treecko evolved into Grovyle right after.

We set foot on Dewford and met Steven to deliver his father's letter. The gym? Ralts had the Knuckle Badge in the bag before I knew it. I had not intended to stay long on the island, so now I'm en route to Mauville for my next badge and whatever else awaits.

Edit: I'll include my team status for next week's update, as I've got my hands tied atm. (no one has to follow my format btw. Feel free to do your updates the way you like it)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon Ranger Riker's Log 19/02/16
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back