• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1% accuracy move

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
  • Using the last version of Pokémon Essentials I tried to make a OHKO move that only have 1% chance to hit but setting the accuracy to 1 in the "moves.txt" my move don't miss a single time.

PBS line of this move: (basically Guillotine)
    Code:
    560,PERFECTSPLASH,Perfect Splash,070,1,NORMAL,Physical,1,25,0,00,0,ae,"A majestic splash. Can send everyone who watch it directly to the heaven in pleasure."

Anyone knows how to do that?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Function code 070 has its own accuracy check. If the opponent is of a greater level than the attacker, it does nothing, but if the opponent is weaker, it changes the accuracy to be the move's accuracy + the difference between the levels. So it can be much larger that a 1% chance.
    The fact that it never misses is either due to the fact that the levels you are testing with have a large difference between them, as well as just pure random chance.
    I suppose a way to fix it is under this line acc=@accuracy+attacker.level-opponent.level, put acc=@accuracy if isConst?(self.id,PBMoves,:PERFECTSPLASH) so that perfect splash uses its own defined accuracy.

Last edited:

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
    Years
  • Function code 070 has its own accuracy check. If the opponent is of a greater level than the attacker, it does nothing, but if the opponent is weaker, it changes the accuracy to be the move's accuracy + the difference between the levels. So it can be much larger that a 1% chance.
    The fact that it never misses is either due to the fact that the levels you are testing with have a large difference between them, as well as just pure random chance.
    I suppose a way to fix it is under this line acc=@accuracy+attacker.level-opponent.level, put acc=@accuracy if isConst?(self.id,PBMoves,:PERFECTSPLASH) so that perfect splash uses its own defined accuracy.
    Maybe 000 will be more appropriate for this kind of move?

Anyway the line seens to solve, thanks!

Back