• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Haha I like that. He's our terrible trainer. It's kind of like hating your child because he's not the violinist you hoped he'd be.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Haha I like that. He's our terrible trainer. It's kind of like hating your child because he's not the violinist you hoped he'd be.
    Oh pfft Andy, chances are you would hate children more than you hate Ash. xD;

But yeah, he's a terrible trainer. Perfect example for 6-year olds watching the anime! When they play the game, all they do is train their starter, catch Pokemon, deposit Pokemon, train the starter more, and the cycle continues! Just like Ash! :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm actually of the camp of hating both Ash and Pikachu. Ash is a complete moron and Pikachu has been crammed down Pokemon fans' throats so many times I hate it no matter where it shows up. But no, I don't feel any sort of connection toward that idiot. Worse, his pattern of "deposit Pokemon when he comes to a new region" has repeatedly spawned the crazy suggestion of a five region Pokemon game where you have to start completely over with new Pokemon in each region.

Not to mention the idea of a human being that attached to his pet rat is disturbing, to say the least.

And he's unattractive, to boot.

I hope Ash and Pikachu get hit by a truck.

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • any good Pokémon download sites???

is there any good Pokémon download sites where people share what Pokémon related stuff they make?? I think it would be a good idea to share my Pokémon Windows 7 themes and songs and stuff on one of those... any there any good 'active' sites you can recommend me???

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Charming.

While I kind of understand hating Ash, hating Pikachu is like... it's like walking into your friend's house and kicking his puppy.

And to be honest, I want that five-region Pokemon game. I hope if they ever decide to end Pokemon, that is how they do it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, Andy, think of hating your neighbor's dog who barks at you all the time and has an ugly face. That's what Pikachu haters are feeling, I suppose. Not that I would know. xP

Shining Raichu

Years
  • 193134-ppp.jpg

Haters to the left. That is all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't like dogs either. I'm more a cat person. That goes for Pokemon as well as real life.

Hence why Persian is in nearly all of my ingame teams, as well as my main battling team :)

And if they want to do a five region game, they need to up the level cap to 300 at least... so those of us who want to carry over our teams from region to region don't have to have their levels reset or something weird like that.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
  • People hate on Ash and/or Pikachu? Pfft. I'm not going to deny it, Ash is a bit of an idiot and a loser but his heart is in the right place so you can't really hate him. Also, he's going to grow up into a total badass of a trainer and you all know it!

I can see how people don't like Pikachu. I wouldn't compare it to kicking your neighbour's puppy, just finding your neighbour's puppy annoying when he poops on your lawn xD Pikachu haters are entitled to their wrong opinion, Pikachu's awesome enough for that to be water off a duck's back.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I forgot. How did our conversation went from Diglett's nose to Ash/Pikachu haters? xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • IDK, I wanna go back to Diglett, Talking about Ash and Pikachu makes me want to break stuff... It is so wrong to demand basic competency from trainers and Pokemon?

So, anyone get pwned by those Lv29 Dugtrios in Diglett's Cave? Especially in FR/LG when they had Arena Trap?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I liked Andy's comparison of a kid who wasn't the great violinist you'd hoped...yeah, he's not a great trainer, but that doesn't mean that he should be disliked for that, because that's like disliking your kid because he's not good at violin but still plays :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, if my kid had an attitude as annoying as him, I'd hate him too. Not being good at something is one thing. Not being good at something and acting like you're the number one in the field is something else entirely.

"No one can beat me!"

"I'm gonna be the best!"

"Bring it on! I'll defeat you all!"

And this coming from someone who can't evolve his Pokemon and routinely ditches them to boot, letting them wander aimlessly in the dark abyss called Oak's lab...

And how could I not mention this, but that voice... that awful, whiny, gravelly voice... that's what turned me off from the show more than anything else.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Ash is an Anime character lol he is was he is. He's not going to be overly complex. He's just there to show heart, and a little comedic value while making his Pokémon shoot lighting, flames and such so the kids who watch it don't loose interest and watch something else.

I like the character, even if he doesn't progress much as an actual character. Pikachu is completely un-hate able though lol

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Well, if my kid had an attitude as annoying as him, I'd hate him too. Not being good at something is one thing. Not being good at something and acting like you're the number one in the field is something else entirely.

"No one can beat me!"

"I'm gonna be the best!"

"Bring it on! I'll defeat you all!"

And this coming from someone who can't evolve his Pokemon and routinely ditches them to boot, letting them wander aimlessly in the dark abyss called Oak's lab...

And how could I not mention this, but that voice... that awful, whiny, gravelly voice... that's what turned me off from the show more than anything else.

Hmm... I'm not entierly sure that you can hate you own child, I mean, it's your own 'effing flesh and blood. Well whatever.

But come on! Ash is the main character! You can't hate the main character, that's unpossible! xD

No but really, the reason Ash doesn't want to bring his "previous" pokemon to a new region is because he doesn't want to p3wn everone with his Charizard and make it too easy for himself.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    They're just trying to portray and personalize determination. How can a mother hate her own child for that lol (or a father for that matter). Anyways I'd just wish he'd actually beat a gym once instead of "earning" the badge for a good deed or for his spirit.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I still stand by my old "I wish he'd get hit by a truck, along with his stupid little rat with the creepy predator smile."

It's because he's the main character that I hate the show as a whole and haven't watched regularly in years, only a few scattered episodes here and there... and every time I do watch an episode, I'm reminded why I haven't watched it on a regular basis in eight or nine years.

He's annoyance, incompetence, and narcissism all rolled into one ugly, inhuman sounding package. And I really think it's time for a new topic, lol...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think being motivated is the best thing ever, and it's why Ash is a great role model to children. You don't want a world of children where they give up at any chance! :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Him? A role model? *headdesk* Many of the world's most infamous dictators and terrorists were quite motivated too, and quite frankly, I would choose any of them over whiny-boy as a role model. Even strictly in the Poke-verse, I'd rather have Giovanni as my role model. Or Cipher Admin Ein.

Remember these words of wisdom: "Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" Truer words were never spoken. And that's all I'll say on the matter, before I go completely rage-induced insane, except this: I have, and will always maintain that the Pokemon anime would have been so much better with a female main character. Even if she was the same personality as Ash, she'd at least be more attractive and (probably) wouldn't have the annoying gravelly voice.

I shall return to this thread when the topic of conversation changes, as nothing will change my opinion on that kid...

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • So, let's go with a less controversial topic,shall we?
    Crazy Physics
    As shown the Pokemon universe have some crazy physics, what's your ppinion on it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back