• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Top 20 Greatest Battles Of All Time

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    The YouTube channel Watch Mojo have done one here of what they think is the top 20 best battles from the anime.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdDkBp2oNaQ

I would have put the Ash vs Paul at The Sinnoh League as number 1 which was epic if I'd have done it rather than 6. Won't mention which match though. You'll have to see for yourself.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    The setting of the Alola league rather ruined the Kukui battle for me, sadly. While I could appreciate the aesthetics, it left me feeling nothing because of what preceded it.
    Ash versus Paul was undoubtedly the best for me. Other than the obvious ones - Ash versus Gary, Dawn versus Zoey, Ash versus Alain - a few less 'impactful' ones I really enjoyed were Ash versus Olympia (specifically Pikachu's role), Ash versus Conway and the short but sweet Cynthia versus Flint.
    The only one in that video I truly disliked was Ash versus Gladion. I could say many unpleasant things about it, but do not want to sour what should be a positive thread. Instead, I will mention Ash versus Lisa from the start of Spell of the Unown - that is one of the ones I go back to watch the most.

Years
  • Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League)
    Ash vs Paul (Lake Acuity)
    Ash vs Katie
    Ash vs Conway
    Ash vs Tyson
    Ash vs Sawyer
    Ash vs Alain
    Ash vs Kukui
    Ash vs Harrison
    Ash vs Gary
    Ash vs Spencer