• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Looking for help on transferring Pokémon

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Hey, I was looking for help on how to trade Pokémon from Pokemon White on the original Nintendo DS to Alpha Sapphire on a Nintendo 2DS.

Does anybody know if I can trade directly from White on a old DS to Alpha Sapphire or do I have to get White on my 2DS to then trade to Alpha Sapphire on that same 2DS via Pokémon Bank?

Any feedback or help would be great.

Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    You need both Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter on your 3DS/2DS in order to send Pokemon from a 5th gen game to a 6th gen game. A DS is not needed, you do it all on your 3DS/2DS. Put in your White version first, use Transporter, then switch it with your Alpha Sapphire and go to Bank to send the Pokemon to it.

Put the Pokemon on White in the first PC box on that game, as Transporter just pulls all the Pokemon from that box instead of letting you select.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Thanks for your help I've solved the problem!

I didn't know the DS cartridge would actually work in the 2DS. Silly me!

Thanks again!

Back