• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite OST of XY/ORAS

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
  • The soundtrack is for me personally one of my major points in the games.

So, my question to all:
    What did you think of the soundtrack of X&Y and ORAS?
    And what is your favorite track and why?

Personally, I found the OST of X&Y and ORAS to be amazing,
    Biggest improvement to me is that it sounds so much better than the soundfonts used in Gen IV and Gen V, of which I was not really a fan of.

As for favorites, for X&Y it is probably Route 15:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y

For ORAS, I'd say it's Soaring Dreams.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSQDEPf8J4

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I kinda never had the chance to play ORAS (so I haven't listened to any of its music), but I did really enjoy a lot of XY's tracks! My top favorites are definitely Snowbelle City's Theme and "An Eternal Prison," which were both made even more gorgeous by the anime. *o*

Spoiler: Snowbelle City's Theme

Spoiler: An Eternal Prison

Both of these tracks are so beautiful, and they always get me emotional haha. <3 I couldn't decide which of the two that I like more, so put them both here for the sake of it! xD

Shanedmuir

Shane D.M.
    Years
  • I agree when I say that the OST is a very important component of the experience you have with a game. I do believe that X and Y / ORAS's soundtrack was a huge step up from Gen IV and V's soundtrack.

Personally, my favorites from X and Y are the bicycle theme as well as Lumiose City's Theme.
    From ORAS, I really like Rustboro City/Mauville City.
    The bicycle theme is very upbeat, and just kind of allows a showcase of the new type of sound used in the game. I really like the use of guitars and piano.
    As for the ORAS songs, they're just nostalgic, but that specific theme gives me the biggest wave of nostalgia.

Back