• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird Beedrill Variation!?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Hello Everyone,
    I was going through my old cards today and I came across this Beedrill 17/102 from the unlimited run. It appears to be a shadowless variant with possibly an error? I cannot find any pictures or information on this anyware. Has anyone heard/seen anything about this? Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20171230_102929.jpg
      20171230_102929.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 13
    Years
  • Hello Everyone,
    I was going through my old cards today and I came across this Beedrill 17/102 from the unlimited run. It appears to be a shadowless variant with possibly an error? I cannot find any pictures or information on this anyware. Has anyone heard/seen anything about this? Any help would be appreciated!

Best case scenario: it's a manufacturing error that is not going to increase the value.

Worst case scenario: it's a counterfeit modification of a Beedrill, which I think is more likely given what the holo layer appears to be covering.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The holo layer is definately covering, however I have not traded or bought any cards second hand. It is not possible that it is a counterfit. This has been sitting in my garage for about 20 years with all of my other older cards. Very strange!

Years
  • The holo layer is definately covering, however I have not traded or bought any cards second hand. It is not possible that it is a counterfit. This has been sitting in my garage for about 20 years with all of my other older cards. Very strange!

Are you sure a relative didn't buy you a pack of counterfeit cards when you were younger? And that the relative didn't know it was a counterfeit pack? It's a pretty common thing to have happen.

Last edited:
    Back