• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Your Friendly Neighborhood Magical Girl

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Hi! I'm Illune, your friendly neighborhood magical girl. I've been thinking a lot about Pokemon recently! I haven't finished Legends: Arceus yet (I've barely played it due to stuff coming up), but I really like it so far. I love the DS games (Johto remakes, Sinnoh games, Unova games and sequels) and the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs. My favorite PMD is Explorers, but I'm also fond of Gates and Rescue Team. Not a fan of Super, though, and I don't know much about the WiiWare games but they don't seem that good.
    In terms of other games, I love Kirby, MOTHER (aka the EarthBound series for those of you who are unenlightened), Deltarune, and Zelda.
    I have a bird (a parakeet named Troy) and a betta fish. I like to write and post my stories on the internet (mostly original stuff, but I do sometimes write fanfics). I've also recently started streaming games on YouTube (only PC games, as I don't have a capture card).
    I'm here because I've always wanted to make a game, and I figured a fangame would be a good place to start. I don't know much about game dev, but this site seems to have a lot of fangame stuff, and I'm sure that I can learn. My biggest fangame dream would be to make a Mystery Dungeon fangame, but I should probably start with something simple first.

Years
  • Hi! I'm Illune, your friendly neighborhood magical girl. I've been thinking a lot about Pokemon recently! I haven't finished Legends: Arceus yet (I've barely played it due to stuff coming up), but I really like it so far. I love the DS games (Johto remakes, Sinnoh games, Unova games and sequels) and the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs. My favorite PMD is Explorers, but I'm also fond of Gates and Rescue Team. Not a fan of Super, though, and I don't know much about the WiiWare games but they don't seem that good.
    In terms of other games, I love Kirby, MOTHER (aka the EarthBound series for those of you who are unenlightened), Deltarune, and Zelda.
    I have a bird (a parakeet named Troy) and a betta fish. I like to write and post my stories on the internet (mostly original stuff, but I do sometimes write fanfics). I've also recently started streaming games on YouTube (only PC games, as I don't have a capture card).
    I'm here because I've always wanted to make a game, and I figured a fangame would be a good place to start. I don't know much about game dev, but this site seems to have a lot of fangame stuff, and I'm sure that I can learn. My biggest fangame dream would be to make a Mystery Dungeon fangame, but I should probably start with something simple first.

Hello, Illune, and welcome to the forums! It's nice to meet you!
    I love Nintendo games as well, especially the Pokémon games and the Super Smash Bros series! Are you writing Pokémon fan fictions ? We would love to see you share them with us in PokéCommunity's Fan Fiction and Writing section.

Pokémon Gaming sections are the place if you want to share your streaming here! It seems you have already discovered the Fan Games area. Feel free to ask in these sections if you have questions about making a fan game! What features would you have in mind for your fan game project ?
    I wish you the best of luck for creating your game!

Years
  • Hello!
    I haven't finished Legends yet either. I'm shooting for a perfect Dex and I grind as many mons as possible before moving to the next area to keep my boxes organized.
    Currently I have the fourth area unlocked, but have yet to go there =p

Which starter did you pick in Legends? Any plans on who you'll be adding as regulars to your team?

Got any favorite Pokemon? or a Type? or perhaps more of a theme you usually use (like say, cat/dog mons)?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome Illune! Thank you for sharing so much about yourself! It's always nice to hear people be open about their hobbies and interests. Do you plan on getting Scarlet or Violet when they come out? :)

I admit I don't know much about game dev, so I'm not aware of many PMD fangames out there, but I certainly wish you the best of luck!

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Hello!
    I haven't finished Legends yet either. I'm shooting for a perfect Dex and I grind as many mons as possible before moving to the next area to keep my boxes organized.
    Currently I have the fourth area unlocked, but have yet to go there =p

Which starter did you pick in Legends? Any plans on who you'll be adding as regulars to your team?

Got any favorite Pokemon? or a Type? or perhaps more of a theme you usually use (like say, cat/dog mons)?

I picked Cyndaquil as my starter. Cyndaquil is one of my favorites due to sentimental reasons; it was my first ever starter (my first mainline game was HeartGold) and when I played my first PMD game (Explorers) I got Cyndaquil on the personality quiz without trying. As for Legends, I think I'll at least keep Drifloon and Eevee on my team because those are cool Pokemon. Maybe I'll keep Buizel too. I'm just going off the Pokemon I have right now.
    My favorite Pokemon? I really like Murkrow since I used it for a long time in my first HeartGold playthrough without knowing how to evolve it. I really tried to evolve it, but kid me didn't know that I needed a Dusk Stone, so I spent a lot of time grinding with Murkrow. I loved my whole HeartGold team. They even had PokeRus, as I discovered when I got to Kanto...but then I eventually lost my original team (I wanted to replay HeartGold, so I traded them to Platinum, but then I wanted to replay Platinum and I reset without remembering to trade them back over). But I must have amazing luck, because when I played Black 2 for the first time, I wound up with PokeRus again! I haven't had the same luck with shinies, though. My older cousin was able to catch a bunch of shinies, but I didn't find a non-event one for a long time, not until he'd moved out for college. I finally found my first shiny when I was playing Moon. It was a Rattata (an Alolan Rattata, but still). But still, a shiny is a shiny.
    Sorry, did that sound like bragging? I don't mean to brag, really. I just don't have a lot of people that I can talk to about Pokemon offline.
    I also really like Sneasel. I wrote a PMD fic about a Sneasel once, back when I was in seventh grade... It wasn't very good. Still better than the terrible Warrior Cats fanfics I wrote in sixth grade, though.
    I just like dark-types in general. Flying types are cool too, since birds are just awesome. When I was a kid, I wanted to become an ornithologist.

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Welcome Illune! Thank you for sharing so much about yourself! It's always nice to hear people be open about their hobbies and interests. Do you plan on getting Scarlet or Violet when they come out? :)

I admit I don't know much about game dev, so I'm not aware of many PMD fangames out there, but I certainly wish you the best of luck!

I'm going to get Violet, because Violet is a nice color. And thank you! I've already found some tools I could use to make something. It'll have to be an EoS ROM hack, though, so if I ever finish it I'll put it in the right section.

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Hello, Illune, and welcome to the forums! It's nice to meet you!
    I love Nintendo games as well, especially the Pokémon games and the Super Smash Bros series! Are you writing Pokémon fan fictions ? We would love to see you share them with us in PokéCommunity's Fan Fiction and Writing section.

Pokémon Gaming sections are the place if you want to share your streaming here! It seems you have already discovered the Fan Games area. Feel free to ask in these sections if you have questions about making a fan game! What features would you have in mind for your fan game project ?
    I wish you the best of luck for creating your game!

Nice to meet you too! I used to post a lot of Pokemon stuff on ff.net. I wrote some not-so-good stuff in sixth grade that I'd prefer to forget about. I then got a new account (called Crystalline Void then, called IncognitoAlbatross now). In seventh grade, I wrote five chapters of a PMD fic about a Sneasel. The fic wasn't very good, but I was inspired to keep writing it because of a really nice reviewer who gave me a ton of feedback (I think they were called TheG0AT, are they on this forum by any chance?). But eventually I got too stressed out (I was taking nine hours of dance a week back then) and so I wound up deleting the story. I reuploaded it during the pandemic, but I'm not planning on continuing it (I guess I could do a rewrite, but idk). Then in eighth grade, I wrote Truce. I'm still rather proud of the story (8,677 words for a one-shot!) but there was a lot of drama in the Pokemon section of ff.net back then, and some of that drama spilled over into the review section of my story. You see, this one reviewer gave me a rather nitpicky (but still constructive) review...and then that reviewer's enemies started reviewing that review. It's as ridiculous as it sounds. They (and their followers/alts) kept spamming me with the review-reviews and telling me to block certain authors. They'd even been telling me to block certain authors before that first person even left a review! I got really frustrated, and I blocked the spammers instead. I haven't really posted much since then, just some joke one-shots that I thought were funny at the time.
    I do have some fanfic ideas, though. One would be about all the Gen I-VI protagonists meeting at the PWT, and it would explore their various mental health issues that stemmed from having to save the region/world at such a young age. I haven't played Masters, but I have my own ideas of what each protagonist is like. The other idea that I've done some work on is a story based on PMD Rescue Team...except the protagonist is actually Aster (in the body of a Skitty)!
    Wow, that was a lot. I get excited when I talk about the stuff I like.
    Anyway, I don't have a capture card, so I won't be able to stream Pokemon games.
    I'm excited to work on a PMD fan game! It'll have to be an EoS ROM hack, because I've found a lot of useful tools for that. If I ever finish, I'll make sure to put it in the right section. I want to make something that has all the continents and towns that were introduced in the other games, and some of the dungeons too. I also want the other humans from the canon games to have a role in the story. I'm told that this would take a lot of work, but it's not impossible. As for the plot, I was inspired by an anime called Revolutionary Girl Utena...take that as you will.
    Thank you!

Years
  • You can write as much as you like. What matters is to have fun! I certainly had fun when I wrote my little short scenes about fact-checking pokédex entries! And if even just a few people have fun reading them, all the better!
    It's alright to be excited talking about stuff you like. I enjoy chatting with you. ^^

These ideas would make a really interesting fan game!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Hi there Illune!
    What's your favourite magical girl anime?
    I'm also struggling to get through Legends Arceus somehow despite enjoying it when I do play, I also love PMD & Kirby too! :))
    It's great that you're interested in game design and fan games! I am too, and I'm sure lots of us here on PC are!

Back