• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Origins [Updated v0.8 2024-05-01]

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Last edited:

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The PMDO Demo is now released! It features 7 dungeons- 4 that serve as the typical start of PMD and 3 which provide a taste of Zero Isle-like challenge. Enjoy!
    IMSzxYbba5.gif

The game in its current state is also fully moddable- all editors have been implemented to the base level of usability, which can be learned by following the Modding Tutorial.

Some mods have already completed or are playable from early users:
    -Starter mods to expand the initial roster
    -An extra dungeon added to the main game
    -A mini-campaign functioning like a Special Episode!
    -A demo of one's own story-driven fangame!
    -A full revamp of PMD1 and 2 using the PMDO engine!

You can find modding efforts currently underway in our discord:
    https://discord.gg/37VKndMsr2

I have also included a roadmap of how I intend to release moving forward. Please read the end of the updated first post.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • The PMDO Demo is now released! It features 7 dungeons- 4 that serve as the typical start of PMD and 3 which provide a taste of Zero Isle-like challenge. Enjoy!
    IMSzxYbba5.gif

The game in its current state is also fully moddable- all editors have been implemented to the base level of usability, which can be learned by following the Modding Tutorial.

Some mods have already completed or are playable from early users:
    -Starter mods to expand the initial roster
    -An extra dungeon added to the main game
    -A mini-campaign functioning like a Special Episode!
    -A demo of one's own story-driven fangame!
    -A full revamp of PMD1 and 2 using the PMDO engine!

You can find modding efforts currently underway in our discord:
    https://discord.gg/37VKndMsr2

I have also included a roadmap of how I intend to release moving forward. Please read the end of the updated first post.

This looks absolutely phenomenal! Congrats on the release!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    this looks very good i would like to ask if i wanted to help by translating how would i do that?

Last edited:

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you are interested in translation, stop by the discord and ask! I'll get you up to speed with the translation methods.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've updated the download links to be a setup installer now instead of a zip. This is to unify the build process since it's gotten confusing managing help requests against 0.5.8 when the bugs may have already been resolved in 0.5.14, among other issues.

As an added benefit, this does mean an easy way to update the game!

Total_Misplay

Wanderer
    Years
  • Coolest thing I have ever seen, incredibly hyped to have stumbled across this. Already an hour in and loving it. Amazing project, and amazing mods in the Discord too. Hype hype hype

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    I tried to download it. I extracted the files, I let the setup do its thing, then I went into the temp folder and tried to open PMDO... It didn't work. It just kept showing me that black screen with a bunch of coding for a few seconds, then closing the screen.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I tried to download it. I extracted the files, I let the setup do its thing, then I went into the temp folder and tried to open PMDO... It didn't work. It just kept showing me that black screen with a bunch of coding for a few seconds, then closing the screen.

If the setup did not create a PMDO folder, something went wrong in that step.

Did you extract PMDOSetup.exe to a folder before running it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Oh, I got into the mod settings, changed the parameter and got a shinks.
    ----------------------------------------
    really liked the demo. I will wait for the continuation!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    It's nice to see a game outside the traditional format. Especially one that feels well made. Can't wait for the full release.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since the last post, PMDO has been updated to 0.7.5, featuring new dungeons and mechanics such as grass and reworked assembly mechanics. Modding has been greatly expanded on with friendlier editors and descriptions.

You can update by rerunning the setup program, though it's recommended you redownload it as a new version of the setup has been added that can update itself.

We also have a wiki, containing tutorial and reference pages on how to edit and script!
    https://wiki.pmdo.pmdcollab.org/

And a video tutorial series:
    https://youtu.be/SGIWPUXbeXA

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    if the project is still active, I can try to help translating to Spanish. It is my main language after all, so I could do a great job at it.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've updated the main post, as we have added more info on the wiki, and the game is updated to 0.7.25! This features many bug fixes, and an EXP/treasure distribution.

We've had quite a bit of modding activity, from story mods like Halcyon to creative dungeons like Wishmaker Cave.
    Next version will be 0.8!

if the project is still active, I can try to help translating to Spanish. It is my main language after all, so I could do a great job at it.
    Message me in discord or DMs!

Last edited:

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    PMDO V0.8 Demo has now released.

PMDO has now reached the stage where all dungeons and quests relevant to the main story have been added to the game. It's all locked behind a testing flag, however, as the dialogue is still in prewriting form. We're looking for beta testers to try the full game! If you're interested, consult the guide for how best to play in a way that gives us useful playtest data: https://wiki.pmdo.pmdcollab.org/Release_Candidate. The instructions include the discord server needed to send the data.

For those not interested in playtesting but just want to check things out, there's still 10+ dungeons in the base demo itself! A missions feature (Enabled in Mods) is also worth trying out!

For aspiring modders, the game is also finished enough to make full mods, and we have a tutorial series available for that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXlJTVdeyhO-rQnuRU7A0BIxutM8mL0Wg

Last edited:
    Back