• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Gen 1 Kanto Remake Idea

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    The idea came to me and now I have the urge to make a rom hack of the Gen 1 RB game.

One change I want to make is add new Pokemon/Fakemon to fill up the dex with a minimum of six for each type. Basically five more Dragon and Ghost types, plus a few other Pokemon that will gain or change types like Magnemite and Clefairy did. Basically I want to keep the typing system the same.

I already got some ideas using the Nokemon AI generator.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I have been thinking along the same line that the ultimate pokemon game needs to have the possibility to have an elite four of any type, with a set of 5 unique fully evolved pokemon of that type

Using gen II and some cut beta pokemon still leaves dragon and ghost with too few possible.

I did come up with a couple of creative ways of solving this.

For dragons it would be a move, Dragon Transcendence, the move changes the users secondary type to Dragon. Tentative pokemon able to learn this move would be Gyarados, Aerodactyle and Charizard, who all have flying as their secondary typing which would now be replaced by dragon.

For ghosts I had another idea, which might be broken, not sure I never played this competively, but it was to have a hold item tentatively called "resurrection stone" which certain pokemon can hold (so far I only given Marowak this special consideration) and once the pokemon holding the stone faints, it automatically gets resurrected to full health with additional ghost type added
    The only other pokemon I considered something similar for so far is Wobbufet, partly because it's relationship to the original design of te pokemon Twinz which later developed into wobbafet, something along the line that when wobbufet faints, it's tail separates and becomes it's own pokemon for the remainder of the battle

Years
    • Seen today
    The idea came to me and now I have the urge to make a rom hack of the Gen 1 RB game.

One change I want to make is add new Pokemon/Fakemon to fill up the dex with a minimum of six for each type. Basically five more Dragon and Ghost types, plus a few other Pokemon that will gain or change types like Magnemite and Clefairy did. Basically I want to keep the typing system the same.

I already got some ideas using the Nokemon AI generator.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Kanto has been remade by Gamefreak four times since 1996. What would this do for you that GSC/FRLG/HGSS/LetsGo does not?

Red++ v3 is probably the most popular and polished "modern" take on the gen-1 engine. What would your project do that Red++ does not?

What's really the itch that you personally need to scratch? What's making it so that other options aren't doing it for you?

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but these are important questions to ponder early in your project definition stage. It helps you define a primary goal for your project, sets the scope of your project so you don't get buried by feature-creep, and zeros-in on a particular under-served niche that helps your project stand apart from others.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I think the author made it pretty clear what they wanted: more pokemon of each type.

In my own hack, I made it so holding stones can change type. I didn't focus on dragon and ghost though, but the author here could probably do something similar and just, using either Pokered++ as a base or Pokecrystal (Although this is gen 2 unless you use older Pokered++, in which case that one doesn't have held items), or laboriously adding in the changes I made to add in items to Gen I, and then adding in a Ghost Typer / Dragon Typer item. While at it, it could be fun to have a Flying and all the other types, so you could have a team of mutant pikachus of all different types or something equally silly. Maybe I'll make such a change to my own hack sometime.

I also partially implemented megas, for the user's pokemon and not the enemy, so the OP if they are still around might want to dig around for that and use it as a starting point if they really want to make a mega Unown.

And of course, you can easily edit Pokered++ (the original if Gen I is what you want) to swap out different new pokemon, so the easiest option is to just add in some more dragons like Gible or something if that's your itch.

Back