• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] Couple's Consoling Corona Quarantine Blue Nuzlocke

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
Today, we've gotta get past a Snorlax to get to Fuchsia City. Our options for catching Pokemon are about to blow up, we just have to get a few pieces to fall into place!

Couples-Consoling

Years
With both the good rod AND the SUPER rod in our possession, our ability to catch water types has gone WAY up. And since our first one was named Washington, we had some ideas for how to name all the others!

Couples-Consoling

Years
Today we're checking out the Safari Zone, and man... there's some COOL stuff in here to work with. Come find out what we managed to get our hands on!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Insane luck capturing Dratini. I usually run out of Safari Balls or it runs away from me lol.

Couples-Consoling

Years
With our boxes newly full of interesting new Mons, we're back to battling people, now in Silph co! We've been avoiding a lot of fights, and we're a bit underleveled. Also, Ali's got a questionable sense of direction. I wonder how this is gonna go?

Insane luck capturing Dratini. I usually run out of Safari Balls or it runs away from me lol.

That's DEFINITELY how I felt! I had to explain it a bit more to Ali off screen why catching a Dratini in a Nuzlocke is kind of NUTS!

Couples-Consoling

Years
We couldn't get through Silph Co yesterday, so we're back at it again! But funny thing about staying in here with all these enemies - sooner or later, one's going to hit us where it hurts.

Couples-Consoling

Years
We've been trapped in Silph Co for DAYS and today we will get out or DIE TRYING. Wait, our Rival's Ace is what level now?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
As a child the Silph Co puzzle always made me so mad. The rival fight there has historically been the hardest in any Pokemon game imo.

Couples-Consoling

Years
As a child the Silph Co puzzle always made me so mad. The rival fight there has historically been the hardest in any Pokemon game imo.

That level 40 is kinda SHOCKING! Like, maybe this is what happens when you don't do cycling road, but this level jump seems pretty nuts to me!

Couples-Consoling

Years
So, we BADLY need to do some leveling up, but we've been away for a few days, and didn't want to return to a grinding episode so... how about we go fight the SUPPOSEDLY POISON TYPE gym?

Couples-Consoling

Years
Okay, we've been saying for episodes that we're under leveled. So this episode, we're taking on a bunch of trainers we skipped, and talking about the politics and history that influences how we're handling the economic relief efforts in the time of coronavirus. Oh, and we might get a fighting type at the end of this.

Couples-Consoling

Years
With a BUNCH of grinding done, we're now feeling good about taking on Sabrina for our Sixth Gym badge. And this means facing our old nemesis: teleporters.

Couples-Consoling

Years
Time for us to set sail for Cinnabar Island, with a LOT of new team members! Also, we've got an important question we want people to weigh in on, regarding how we should be handling some birds we're likely to run into...

Couples-Consoling

Years
Thanks to those of you who answered our question last time, we know what to do when/if we run into Articuno! Well, let's be honest. When. And no one on our team is above level 45. Man, it'd be REALLY lucky if we got out of this in one piece.

Couples-Consoling

Years
The Seafoam Islands are now in the rear view mirror, and now we can turn our attention to Cinnabar Island and the mysterious burnt mansion full of confusing lore there! And by the way, people might be interested what I was up to today?

Couples-Consoling

Years
BIG EPISODE! We had Blaine's fire gym to take on today, but then we realized... Giovanni's opens in Viridian City IMMEDIATELY afterwards. And we can just fly there. So today, we're taking on gym leaders for our last two badges!

Couples-Consoling

Years
We have victory road in our sights, but first, we've got some loose ends to tie up, including a couple fossils, a couple catches, and one big yellow bird. Also, we're beginning to ramp up to the Elite Four, and we very much want to hear from you about who our final team should contain! Tune in and weigh in!

Couples-Consoling

Years
Today, we take on our Rival, the gross Patient 0, one more time, before taking our first steps on Victory Road! Also, we've got a big announcement: we're going to do our fight against the Elite Four on Tuesday, April 28th, at 7 PM EST! We'd like people to weigh in on whether we should do a youtube premiere watch party, or try our first live twitch stream! We're also continuing to seek input on who should be on our final team and what our level cap should be. We'll be deciding what we'll do before filming our episode Sunday around 3 PM EST. We'd love to hear from you!

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Years
Our battle against the Elite Four is coming - and to achieve that, we'll have to get through victory road, and through one extra spicy chicken. As a reminder, please tell us if you'd like us to twitch stream our elite four run, or do a youtube premiere watch party! Right now, the votes are leaning towards watch party, our level cap is currently recommended for level 56, and we've gotten a BUNCH of input on who should be on our team. Let us know if you have anything you'd like to add, nothing's set in stone yet!

Couples-Consoling

Years
Hey, just so people know: we have decided we are doing a YOUTUBE PREMIERE WATCH PARTY of our Nuzlocke Elite Four Finale on our youtube channel on Tuesday, April 28th, at 7 PM EST! We hope you can drop by!

Back