• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
  • uhh, the heck is this 'clairvoyance' ability that just got my beedrill killed? it's not in the fanwiki at all...

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    We apologize for our wiki being incomplete in general (both because the people that work on the wiki being busy with other things and... well the fact that it's a demo, so even if we fully updated to its current point, it wouldn't really be completed). We're (very slowly) trying to improve that. But basically, it's a signature ability of Altaran Luxio and Luxray that gives them a chance to avoid super effective hits. It's not really a particularly high chance (basically being the same as Static, Flame Body, etc.), but it's still something to be wary of when dealing with either of them.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    We don't know at this point. Quite frankly, there's more going into 3.0 than we had intially intended, so we need as much time as possible to work on it as we can possibly get. That, and we're human beings with other things to do like most other fangame devs so there's that too. All we can say at this point is be patient and wait for an eventual announcement for a release date of 3.0, which will be made in this thread, our Twitter, and our Discord when that time comes.

tl;dr: No idea. Please wait.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    love whats been done with this fan game so far.......... tho i have 1 minor thing to mention about it that makes it seem kinda gamebreaking, at least from the standpoint of someone who uses the randomizer mode......... to elaborate on this while using the randomizer mode i caught a deino and it knew a very peculiar move: bellow now while the concept of this move and all is nice i feel its mechanics are way too overpowered for what it does: 60 base power, 100% accuracy, priority (quick attack level of priority at least) and it has a guaranteed chance to flinch........... now granted im sure deino isnt supposed to be encountered normally by this point outside of the randomizer (tho idk for sure personally) but even if it isnt might i recommend nerfing bellow in a future release to maybe 40 base power and remove the flinch aspect of it cuz it feels kinda wrong from the standpoint of someone with anti-stunlock gaming standards to have access to the ability to effectively outspeed and permastun someone for 10 turns in a row (pending no fairy types anyways)

otherwise great fan game and i hope to see more in the future

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    @ARCEUS493ZELDA - Yeah now that you mention it, the move could use a bit of a nerf. In fact looking at the original idea for the move in general, it actually had been given the wrong base power. In fact, it was supposed to be 20. So really, this one's on me... again... So yeah, Bellow will definitely be getting a nerf in both base power. I'll also agree the every turn Flinch is a problem. Can't guarantee the Flinch chance won't be completely gone though. Worst case is that the overall chance will be greatly lowered to keep it from constanly flinching the target. Either that or it'll basically become Fake Out. Either way, thanks for pointing this out.

@The Man Called M - That I'm not entirely sure of... If it's just waiting times within cutscenes, I think that might just be an issue with it in of itself, and idk how to deal with that. Otherwise... Maybe? Like we say in that section, we're looking into the lag overall in general. So if this is a potential cause, we'll see...

Also reminder to both of you and everyone in general to make sure you've updated to 2.6 when playing.

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Ah... I'd say for now, just bear with it. Either that or test one without the other to see if one runs better, although I somewhat doubt that's likely. (As someone who doesn't use CheatEngine anyway.) Again, we'll do what we can, which is only so much.

Also, the battle start crashing is an issue we've been aware of for a while that we've been trying to look into.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    Hi I got the egg from the charred forrest and went on turbo mode and ran around a bit till it's about to hatch, but every time the animation begins the game crashes. Just thought I'd let you know, apart from that haven't had any issues and has been really fun so far :D.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I probably wuldnt use turbo to do that then, I just used simple running shoes to do the job even if it took longer. I see very few essentials fangames that use turbo and I figure there's likely a reason.

Years
  • Am I supposed to face the 1st gym before or after facing the Friendly Rival at Route 4?
    EDIT: Didn't matter, Beat the Gym with a Magicarp. (Never thought I would ever say that, Lol.)

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    You can just go fight your rival without going to Rubina's gym. Most of the gyms are optional (as indicated by the features section of the first post). Only one gym will be required for the main story, but by the time you eventually get to it, you should already know which one it is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    So i did the first Circuit Trainer and when i won the battle all my other pokemon's were gone from my party and not to be found in the storage system either, might be an issue with the part where you have to choose a pokemon to battle with as that was the only pokemon left in my party

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    ... *sighs*

Patch your game to 2.6 (which you should know you have done if you see the version number on the top left of the game's load menu), then go into EVO, then Settings, and then Restore Team. This will bring back your team.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Short answer: A few hours long, with two available gyms.

Long answer: A few hours long, with two available gyms. But as stated in the OP, gyms in this game are (for the most part) optional. As a result, the main story of this game is a lot less focused on the Pokémon League, leaving you to decide when you want to challenge them (if at all). This renders gyms as an ineffective means of gauging the amount of content in this game as the story can potentially go beyond the city with the most recently added Gym, as is currently the case. You'll always be notified of when the demo ends in terms of its actual story, leaving you to do whatever you wish to do within the current version.

It also depends rather heavily on how quickly or slowly you play. There's a LOT of content you can easily skip, and doing that content can extend your playtime a huge amount. Taking youtubers as an example, I've seen:

1. 7 episodes anywhere between 90 minutes and 3 hours each
    2. 11 episodes 30-50 minutes each
    3. 20 episodes 30-50 minutes each

and so on. It mostly just depends on playstyle (none of them cut anything out aside from grinding and crashes).
    Hopefully these should answer that for you.

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Quick update to say that we're going to be releasing a v2.7 before 3.0, since we've been mostly focusing on updates, tweaks, and mechanics more than actual story lately. We don't have a release date, but expect it relatively soon.

Back