• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mana Cage: a fantasy RP (IC)

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
  • Gurthang​

Eöl sauntered into the canteen. The very idea of eating anything here was rather unappealing, and this only fueled his undying frown. He stared lazily for a bit, and soon found himself in the presence of most every other prisoner. A quick sniff revealed the repulsive odor of some ungodly gruel, to which Eöl's nose wrinkled at.

"Joy..."

As one might have guessed, Eöl was a bit of a gourmet. He partook in fine dining (perhaps the only thing he found other people useful for) whenever possible, and in fact was arrested during a particularly nice meal. The lingering impression of the dessert, a rich, decadent honey cake, only fouled his mood further. On a minor note, this accounted for Eöl being in a suit, not that it really mattered anymore. One might be more worried about the man starving himself in bitter retaliation, than over the desecration of delicious, tantalizing, mouthwatering honey cake.

The server was a monstrous thing, towering over even Eöl. They were more preoccupied with a bold girl though, and impetuous at that.

"Do you have anything better in the menu? And I'm not taking no as an answer."

Eöl examined her, and came to a subtle conclusion: she was a greenhorn. Someone else chimed in, and Eöl could only lightly shake him head. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't try and anger that behemoth, but then again, how many of them were truly right in the mind?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Axwin decided he'd still take a lunch. There seemed some commotion by serving of the food. A women of about twenty years asked for something else to eat, however 'asked' might not be right word, 'demanded' would fit better. She had guts, the serving man was a lot taller than her and had a weird stone hand with some runes on it. Axwin could read runes just a bit but couldn't figure out anything of these.
    This might take a while. Axwin thought, being happy he had a decent breakfast this morning. The row wasn't very long, apart from the woman, two man, both of a age of thirty-five, stood waiting. He wondered if they were in for a talk.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • A rather small menu​

Cyne didn't know what to say to that. "I'm afraid you have to take no as an answer. The only people who get something different to eat are the guards, and that's only because they're armed and can defend it." Cyne scooped some of the grey mush into bowl and handed it to the girl. "Here. I didn't put much in." He handed another bowl to the Crooked Man. "Here's your 'what she's having'." Cyne stood for a second. "Actually," he said, "I think all the workers here get something else to eat here. As well as a load of money. I guess the only work here for a large amount of money anyway, considering this place is a, and I'm quoting here, 'a dangerous work environment, mainly because of the prisoners'." Cyne shook his head. "I don't understand what he's talking about. I haven't had any trouble with anyone. Well, except for... him. But I don't know if he'll be a problem anyway. I haven't read his note yet. Any, seeya! Enjoy your meal." He then waved his rocky hand at them and got ready to serve more people.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • The "Stone" Ages
    Flop the Glob

~Inside Mana Cage Cafeteria~

Tesserain flinched when she heard a voice behind her say that he wanted what Tesserain was having. For an odd reason, this had pissed off Tesserain, and she was really tempted to fight. It might just be her thirst to battling, but she wanted it nevertheless. Then she noticed another guy behind her shaking his head. Shanks, she thought. All these guys here are the same, and that's that some are even more ruthless than me. Before she could say anything, another man that was nearby joined the line, but he was simply observing them. They were probably thinking she was stupid. If only they knee she wanted to be in the Mana Cage, mainly for the fights. But the blob of food that was served everyday was making Tesserain to seriously consider her decision.

"I'm afraid you have to take no as an answer," spoke the man serving the blob all of a sudden. "The only people who get something different to eat are the guards, and that's only because they're armed and can defend it."

All I wanted was food, not a petty excuse of why guards live better than everyone, Tesserain said to herself. She wrinkled her nose as she saw the guy serve yet another blob and passed it to Tesserain.

"Here. I didn't put much in."

All Tesserain did was glare at the blob that pretended to be food. But then she began to wonder, why was a buff guy like him be nice to Tesserain and all? Shouldn't he be breaking stuff with his hands instead of being a lunch lady? Maybe he's stupid. Then again, anyone that ended up here isn't stupid, Tesserain decided. He then started to talk on and on, but Tesserain didn't pay much attention. Then after what seemed like hours, the guy shut up and waved a hand to shoo them away. But then Tesserain noticed something about that hand: it was covered with stone.

She should have been intimated by this hand, but instead she focused on what it said. Tesserain couldn't exactly tell what it said, but she wanted to find out. But there was no point in pretending to be nice. She rolled her eyes.

"I'd thought you'd never shut up," she said annoyingly. "But you-" she grabbed the bowl and pushed it to the man. "Should take this. After a day of this, it's not going in my digestive system, ever."

As she shoved the bowl more, she accidentally spilled some on the man.

"Whoops," she said. "I'll clean it up."

She went behind the counter and found a towel. She used that to clean the stain on his shirt. Truth be told, she wanted to eat because her insides were burning, but she preferred that than having something go outside her mouth. As she cleaned off the mess, she found out that the writing on the hand was something she couldn't read. Oh well. She finished cleaning up and she dumped the dirty towel on the counter, she jumped over it without causing damage, and she walked away.

Back