• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Modular Title Screen

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Hello! I'm new to this whole coding/scripting thing but i recently came across the Modular Title Screen by Luka S.J

I'm learning alot quick but I have some questions as I've run into a snag.

I made this as a preview to what I want my Title screen to look like

52b3caaa9e283398b6d5b80a11938bed.gif

This is what I ended up with after messing around with MTS
    20190717_110227.gif

20190717_110438.gif

What would be the best method to add the falling cherry blossoms? I know XP doesnt support gifs. I would either have to save each frame individually or as a tile sheet correct? But then what could I do in the script to make it look that way?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • The MTS only comes with the modules it comes with. Your falling petals are very specific and not something the script comes with, so you won't be able to use that script to achieve the effect you're displaying. If you already have a GIF of the effects made, you may want to just use a GIF Title Screen instead.

tl;dr, there is no module in MTS to animate falling petals.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Oh oops! I tried to edit my original and it double posted! My apologies I'm new to this forum thing.

Thanks for the answer! I love your script by the way! I had alot of fun messing around with the effects.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Since you went ahead and made a second thread instead of editing the original, my answer is here as well

tl;dr, there is no module in MTS to animate falling petals.

One more question. Is there a way to use MTS and GIF Title Screen together? or is it better to just use one or the other.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    One overwrites the other (at least mine does), so I don't think you can use them in tandem.

Rip. Time to suffer in photoshop for a couple hours. Thanks for your response!

Nice Previews! Puts my Menu to shame!

Thank you so much! And it's just my awesome art team that made it possible ;o;

I've merged your threads together. Your preview looks gorgeous btw :)
    AH! thanks a ton. I'll be more careful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Hi I'm ruu and im very stubborn.

SO....tried a thing.
    I formatted the petals gif I wanted to use as a vertical tilesheet.

But it came out very choppy no matter the speed I set it at. I used overlay2_s335? or something. I replaced the scrolling002 image

Advice? or should I just give up haha

Attachments

• Petals horizontal.jpg
      Petals horizontal.jpg
      8.1 KB · Views: 13
    • ezgif-2-3e8b12d8768b.gif
      ezgif-2-3e8b12d8768b.gif
      1.9 MB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2023
    Hi I'm ruu and im very stubborn.

SO....tried a thing.
    I formatted the petals gif I wanted to use as a vertical tilesheet.

But it came out very choppy no matter the speed I set it at. I used overlay2_s335? or something. I replaced the scrolling002 image

Advice? or should I just give up haha

Bruh no idea, I think you can't import that petals because they are not programmed to do it. But I don't have idea of this.

Oh and how did you put the title in the side part of the screen? Im such a noob in this script.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • It wont be perfect but add the FRLG fire effect and change the graphic to the petals? Itll only be at the bottom tho

Back