• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Cathode Version v0.3 out

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2020
Pokémon Cathode Version
intro_by_kaensoul-dcg4b6b.gif

Link:
v0.3:
https://github.com/kaensoul/pokecathode/blob/master/pokecathode.ips
v0.3.2:
https://github.com/kaensoul/pokecathode/blob/master/pokecathodev032.ips

Introduction:
Another Pokecrystal Disassembly, with:
170 new Fakemon (all of them with animations, icons, and everything else ya know)
Two new regions, with their own gyms, obviously
Everything than a 2018 crystal hack need to not be lazy (running shoes, reusable TMs, new moves, Fairy-type, and more™)
Metric system, cause i dont know how the american thing works, example below
Spoiler:

First region, Kita
kita_region_by_kaensoul-dcg4eeu.png

Characters:
Nameless Boy
Spoiler:

Nameless Girl
Spoiler:

Rival
Spoiler:

Family photo, everyone is here!
Spoiler:

Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Plot, kinda:
There is no gym order, so everyone will have a different experience, just go outside and explore.
Oh, and someone is doing some kind of research about artificial life somewhere in the region, you may find some clues, stop him ASAP!, or later, i dont care.

Thanks to:
Rangi (tutorials)
luckytyphlosion
Pret (pokecrystal)
Victoria Lacroix (Running Shoes)
/rheg/ (feedback)
Animal Planet (Inspiration)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2020
When will this be released?

In around a year i think, maybe more, but if the game isnt ready at that point i will try to make a playable version at least.
Also, i will try to update the thread every month, to show than is alive.

Edit:
A bit earlier, but first thread update is here, some new pics to see

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2020
Bump, first beta in github com/kaensoul/pokecathode/blob/master/pokecathode.ips
Message (Note: You must make 5 posts or more to post links):
I decided to release it a month earlier because i got a temporal job (because i need more money for real games) and i dont think i will make many changes for a while.
Is rushed, with only 3 gyms, i wanted to have more playable fakemon rathen than a long beta.
Even then many dont have their icons, cries and dex entry ready, but i will fix that soon, maybe.
Oh and the game is in spanish.
I can double post for this stuff, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Will there be a translation into English eventually or not? This hack is promising but my thimbleful of Spanish knowledge isn't much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2020
Will there be a translation into English eventually or not? This hack is promising but my thimbleful of Spanish knowledge isn't much.
Not for now, my english isnt good enough so useless someone else want to make the translation...

Anyway, i did a small change in the patch (still the same link), one of the gym leader had his name wrong and other had the worng icon (or wathever you call their outside of battle mini-sprite).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
on the matter of metric, the matter of length, ect is measured thusly

1 Meter= 3 feet (roughly). So 3 meters is about 9 feet, which is a considerable size for any pokemon, but large pokemon are welcome all the same

1 kilogram meanwhile if I recall roughly is equivalent to 2-5 pounds, so 800 Kg is anywhere from 1600 pounds to 10,000 pounds, which the latter is the weight of an elephant

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2021
Did this project die or is there somewhere to follow the progress of this?

Years
I heard that it's being remade as a GBA or Essentials game,I saw some of his new updated spritework somewhere.Hard to find it though.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
This hack looks amazing, its a shame we haven't heard of updates for it in a while :(

The creator is likely busy or has some other stuff going on, hacks tend to be a long term project and a hobby, not a job, we might hear something in the future though so just wait patiently. :)

Back