• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevat0r

$.Master Roger.$
Years
  • I personally dont like the idea, dont know why just doesnt fit the game. But if you make it better somwhow(dont know what i mean by that) it mayby could be playable. And will they be in some sort of a cemetary map or somethin?? :D

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • It is entirely possible that we can make a whole town or city for dead Pokemon, but that might be a tad bit elaborate. And actually, we already have a Zombie status =b so yeah........
    The idea of an Undead Pokemon is relatively new, and like all other ideas, it will have people that do not like it. But, I agree with Ejames on this one, please keep the flaming and such away from the forum, and try to help us improve the idea through constructive criticism. I mean, come on. Over in the pixel art section, this is exactly how it works. If there is a problem with someones work, then other spriters suggest improvements, and thats it. Thats why you don't see posts saying "oh this is terrible! I hate it and everything about it!" No, you see people saying what they don't like about it, and ways to rebuild it in a better form.

~Des

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    It is entirely possible that we can make a whole town or city for dead Pokemon, but that might be a tad bit elaborate. And actually, we already have a Zombie status =b so yeah........
    The idea of an Undead Pokemon is relatively new, and like all other ideas, it will have people that do not like it. But, I agree with Ejames on this one, please keep the flaming and such away from the forum, and try to help us improve the idea through constructive criticism. I mean, come on. Over in the pixel art section, this is exactly how it works. If there is a problem with someones work, then other spriters suggest improvements, and thats it. Thats why you don't see posts saying "oh this is terrible! I hate it and everything about it!" No, you see people saying what they don't like about it, and ways to rebuild it in a better form.

~Des
    No one flamed you guys were simply saying that you guys didnt present a point of having the undead pokemon in the game. Thats why we said it was pointless. Besides I did try and tell you how to improve. I told you to give the undead pokemon a new look. But just as you said with new ideas there will be people that dont like it. well Just as someone critcs your ideas you automatically dont like it.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Ahh that is not quite what I am getting at. I never said that no one flamed us, and I hope no one ever does. Your suggestion was taken into account, and we have been acting upon it for some changes to the idea. So we have been listening to your suggestions.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • It is entirely possible that we can make a whole town or city for dead Pokemon, but that might be a tad bit elaborate. And actually, we already have a Zombie status =b so yeah........

You mean like Lavender ?

Plenty of stuff possible to add in about it, Pokémon back from the dead and such, instead of it been a new species, you could get 20 Pokémon or so, and get new Sprites for them looking decayed and stuff, maybe an entire species is too far ;)

Wasn't really saying anyone was flaming and such, no need to take any offence :)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • No one flamed you guys were simply saying that you guys didnt present a point of having the undead pokemon in the game. Thats why we said it was pointless. Besides I did try and tell you how to improve. I told you to give the undead pokemon a new look. But just as you said with new ideas there will be people that dont like it. well Just as someone critcs your ideas you automatically dont like it.

Actually I like your idea to make Undead Pokemon look more like undead, and it's definitely taken into our consideration. I'm not good at spriting and making animation so what I can do is to create or edit the script so that Undead Pokemon have unique features compared to ordinary pokemon. Please let me know if you have another idea on how to improve the concept of Undead Pokemon.

I don't like the scripts. The first one (the selection screen) was just, well, what was the point? The selection screen is not automatically "better" just because it's D/P, and Hall of Famer refuses to play a single 4th generation game so he shouldn't be trying to convert things to D/P anyway. The second one (undead effects) just creates a huge disincentive to using those Pokémon. It looks like a really bad mixture of Pokémon and Final Fantasy, and the two should never mix anyway.

Well Itachi has made a D/P background for pokemon selection screen so it should work well now. Besides, the Undead is a very strong type and it has resistance to more than 8 types. Therefore, one of a significant reason why items like Potion/Revive have reversed effect on undead Pokemon is because they are too strong.

Last edited:

Elevat0r

$.Master Roger.$
    Years
  • mayby its a dumb question but why r the evolves in higher lvls?
    and when does a mankey evolve, mine is 32 or 33, dont remember XD and hasnt evolved yet also.

EJames2100

Years
  • Lvl 35 I think, can't check on this pc :?

I will suggest you have a look at some of the word files that you download with the game, useful info ;)

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Found a bug. When recieving your first Pokemon and finding that the Poke Ball is empty, the game freezes and starts making a continuous 'bumping into objects' noise unless the player is standing to the south of the Poke Ball. If he's standing to the east or to the north, the game freezes hopelessly.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Found a bug. When recieving your first Pokemon and finding that the Poke Ball is empty, the game freezes and starts making a continuous 'bumping into objects' noise unless the player is standing to the south of the Poke Ball. If he's standing to the east or to the north, the game freezes hopelessly.

We noticed this bug and it will be fixed in later releases.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • there seems to be alot of bugs with this game. Why is that?

Well there are not too many glitches in this game. The bug "rabbit" mentioned is actually the same bug blue guy pointed out and I have already fixed this in my game(even though I haven't updated the download link). Besides, a few bugs were created after Moose edited the pokedex script, and they were already fixed in latest release. It would be nice if someone happens to find another glitch and I'll deal with it as soon as possible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    I guess the higher evolution levels are there because this adventure i would assume is going to be much longer than others, one thing i thought of....obviously the starters are highly regarded favourites so maybe in future releases i thought it would be cool to add a few side quests in, which you are rewarded with a starter on completion of them.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I guess the higher evolution levels are there because this adventure i would assume is going to be much longer than others, one thing i thought of....obviously the starters are highly regarded favourites so maybe in future releases i thought it would be cool to add a few side quests in, which you are rewarded with a starter on completion of them.

Yes, the starters and some other special Pokémon will be catchable after certain quests are completed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    Thats awesome, as for now are any starters obtainable? I noticed munchlax is available for trade lol, that was a cool idea, my friend tried this game out on my laptop, in his opinion this is "BRILLIANT!".

EJames2100

Years
  • Haven;t come across it and not able to play HOF ATM but is trade actually possible yet ? and if so how would I go about it ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back