• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOCKDOWN DEM ITEMS - Seismitoad EX 20/111 XY Furious Fists

Years
  • http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy3/20/

This week's card is Seismitoad EX. I think this one could be oodles of fun.

Card's text:
    HP180

Quaking Punch 30
    Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

Grenade Hammer 130
    This attack does 30 damage to 2 of your Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Grass ×2

Resistance: none
    Retreat Cost: 3

Rate, comment, discuss, etc!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Nice card. Could use it with Mountain ring to prevent damage to benched Pokemon, but the downfall is I think Mountain ring also protects opponents benched Pokemon. Retreat cost is good. Cause there is this Plasma Storm card with 4 retreat cost. (Still think if my cards are real or fake they did have a code card)
    Anyways Im bad a talking about strategy and stuff, I just gave it a shot..

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I first saw this card a couple weeks ago and I really wanted it :o I like what's going on in the background of the card. It gives the feeling that you're in a world with nothing but air and water, which is cool imo. The actual Seismatoad is alright. It's looking lethargic but it's a toad so I think that is justifiable.

But Grenade Hammer tho? Do I really want to deal 30 damage to 2 of my Benched Pokémon? Nah. I will stick to cards that deal 100 damage with no drawbacks.

edit: lol it has another attack. the item block is nice, but 30 damage per turn would take too long to knock out the opposing Pokémon I'd think.

6/10 would definitely collect but not use competitively.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Profen had a brilliant deck idea for this. I think the idea he had would work brilliantly.

Not sharing it since it's his deck idea, though, and I'll leave it up to him as to whether to share it.

That first attack has more potential than the second attack, though, imo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I had an idea for a deck? i really cant remember. I have tons of deck ideas. I don't remember which one i told you.

Either way Seismitoad could potentially be amazing. Turn 1 no items is scary. I only know of 1 deck that might be okay against that. It's second attack is pretty decent. Being able to hit for 180 with muscle band and laserbank.

Its art is also quite nice.

Back