• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon gen 3 hacking suite issue?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    I was wondering if any one knows where I'm going wrong?

I'm trying to import gen 4 pokemon into my Rom hack but when trying to import the sprites it comes looking like this?

The first imagine is what is looks like in paint but then when I put it into gen 3 hacking suite it looks like the second imagine?

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

(Also if anyone knows where I can find all the gen 4 sprites that work for this tool? That would be a massive help)

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20220520_160354.jpg
      20220520_160354.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 24
    • 20220520_160332.jpg
      20220520_160332.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 23
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Is it not just that your palettes are munted?

You can fix them manually if you have to.

Where did you get the sprite sheets in the first place?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hmm, strange. Those ones normally work. Did you edit it all in Paint, since later versions of Paint are renowned for being pretty terrible at palette management. Although having said that, G3HS is pretty good at dealing with them normally.

Maybe try splitting them up, indexing the colours and importing them as individual sprites.

...PS a screenshot would have made far more sense for your pictures 😜

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Cheers for responding so quick mate 👌

So I tried splitting them up and adding them separately and it just changes the colour of the opposite sprite? (So if I change the shiny front sprite the normal front sprite change colour)

Pictures attached (used a screen shot this time 😂😂)

Attachments

• Capture 1st.PNG
      Capture 1st.PNG
      16 KB · Views: 10
    • Capture 2.PNG
      Capture 2.PNG
      16.5 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Righto.
    Well there looks like a heap of weird colours in there. Like what are all those greens for?

Can you just change them to what you want?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    I've tried to but every time I change them it changes the colours on the different sprites?

Do you think I'm forgetting to do something in IrfanView?

I'm making it just have 16 colours and making sure the background is the first colour?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    So, you're making sure the palettes match exactly for the front and back?

I might have a try with thay Chimchar on my comp and see what happens.

I'll letcha know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    You mean matching them all from paint to gen 3 hacking? If so yeah.

Thank you! I really appreciate it 👌

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Alright. A few questions that on reflection I should have asked first:.
    - In the first instance, how did you try to create the new Pokémon?
    - Are you wanting to replace some that already exist, or are you creating new from scratch?

Since those sprites should be fine if you're just replacing them.
    Might I suggest, (if you aren't already of course) looking into a thing called the DPE and the CFRU?
    The DPE adds literally every Pokémon, inclusive of sprites, movesets... the works

And the CFRU (Complete Fire Red upgrade) is a further enhancement that makes all the new stuff work, plus adds heaps of other features.
    It saves you having to manually go through and create the new 'mons yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    So I'm creating new pokemon (all gen 4) and I just used gen 3 hacking suite to expand the pokedex. I have not looking into them? Do you have a link for them?

I've seen the complete upgrade however I've already made most of my hack so didn't want to write over anything that I've done plus it has a lot of features that I dint want to add to my Rom hack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Gotcha. I've never tried that feature, since using a tool's "auto" features are often a bit temperamental tbh.

That's the best part of the CFRU, It doesn't overwrite anything, plus you can chop and change what features you want and don't want by simply commenting out a few lines of a notepad file.
    In any case, you can use the DPE on its own as long as you set it up properly to function without the CFRU.

Here are the links:
    DPE
    CFRU

It can be a bit daunting at first. But totally worth it Although since you're hack is a fair way along, maybe less so.
    Check it out anyway, is my advice.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Just had a read through it all and this is definitely something I'll try and implement 👌 just a few questions though?

I've already implemented a physical and special split using http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7465618&postcount=163
    Will it still keep the this? (I only ask because I see it expands the moveset and imagine it might affect what I've changed)

Also after I have applied everything to my rom (DPE and CFRU) will I be able to take the new Rom out of the file that it was created in or will it have to stay in the file whenever I move it? (For example if I was to put the Rom onto my phone, could i just copy the Rom across or would I have to move all the files across)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I think you'd have to use the PSS from the CFRU, but I don't think it would affect what you already implemented It would just sort of work around it, I guess.

After you apply them it creates a new file entirely. So no need to carry all the setup files with it

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    That's good to know 👌 okay I'll try and get it all working and hopefully it will all work! Thank for your help! I really appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Just got a another question?

Before applying the DPE do I need to apply the Saveblock hack and the TM/Tutor expansion first? If so where do I find them?

Also I've got to this step

"7. Run cmd.exe in the main folder. You can do this by typing 'cmd' and hitting enter in the
    url address or selecting 'run command prompt from here' from right clciking on empty space
    while holding the shift key."

However I don't have a cmd.exe in the main folder?

Thank you

Years
  • Just got a another question?

Before applying the DPE do I need to apply the Saveblock hack and the TM/Tutor expansion first? If so where do I find them?

Also I've got to this step

"7. Run cmd.exe in the main folder. You can do this by typing 'cmd' and hitting enter in the
    url address or selecting 'run command prompt from here' from right clciking on empty space
    while holding the shift key."

However I don't have a cmd.exe in the main folder?

Thank you

Windows normally has PowerShell now. Pressing Shift + Right Clicking should bring the option. Hopefully this helps a bit: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=443233

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Thank you! I'll give that I try and see if it works!

I've just read through your link and you say to do all scripting before applying the CFRU. Does that apply for all these add ons aswell or can I add them and still do my scripting/editing

Dynamic Pokémon Expansion
    Sideways Stairs
    Black & White Pokémon Summary Screen
    Complete FireRed Decapitalization Patch
    Item Data till Gen IV (does this need adding if I'm putting in CFRU) <<<<<<<<<<<<
    Overworld Form Change
    DS-Style Pokémon Selection Screen
    Nature Coloured Stats
    IV Rankings

Thank you

Last edited:
    Back