• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... Can I write here the game idea?

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
  • I'm not sure can I write here, but I found someone puts ideas here, so I'll write here.

So the idea is Pokemon Rotom version, Rotoms with the various machines.
    For example, Toaster and Microwave oven are fire-type and Bulldozer is ground-type.
    Of course they're many dual types, too.
    I'll try to make balance to them, so some of the types can be weird.
    Oh, they can't breed. But don't worry, there're 3D-printer Rotom.
    It means, all pokemons are made from the start.
    So it needs new sprites, new sounds, new stats and new descriptions.
    We'll use existed moves, of course. But we have to apply the moves to the new pokemons...
    I mean, Rotoms.

And the storyline.
    A evil team (named Team Shocky temperately, but can be changed) used high-technology to rule the Pokemon world. They used the machine to transfer pokemons to their storage, but instead of transferring, they eliminated all pokemons accidentally. Only Rotoms, who can haunt the machines, are survived, but they're changed oddly. Some of them lost their electric types and all of them can't be recalled. Nobody don't know exactly how only rotoms are survived. The professor assumes that the transferring machine, which was eliminating machine, was obsessed by a Rotom. And now he is studying Rotoms.
    All rotom machines are mischievous, but works as smart machine by training. Since all the Pokemons are gone, Pokemon trainers are now started to train Rotom. So Rotoms do both households and battle. The main character, who was a Pokemon trainer, is now a Rotom trainer. His/her rival don't like Rotom at all, but he wants to see and train the real pokemons badly. The evil team believe they can control the world by controlling the Rotoms.
    Technically Rotom was Pokemon, so pokeballs and items work to Rotoms, too.

I want to hack platinum, but I think it will be much difficult...
    Yes, Platinum. But if I can't do it, I'll switch to Gen III.

====================

p.s. The storyline... I don't hate any pokemons. I don't want to eliminate them, but just rotom version looks funny and I have to explain why all other pokemons are gone... ;_;

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
    Years
  • Hacking platinum will likely be more difficulty. I dunno.. I've never done it. There's nothing wrong with hacking gen 3. If you have a good game, people will play it

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • I'm not an expert on the matter, and many may already know this,
    but the main problem would be dealing with the 3D models.
    When it comes to make a pre-gen4 hack (or an RMXP fan-game for that matter)
    one can simply toy a bit with the good old MS Paint and you have a brand new building,
    whereas from D&P onward one needs to actually know how to handle a modeling program.

Back