• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Is Coming...

Years
  • GAME OF THRONES!

SO, the land of Westeros. What do you think of the books? Do you think George R.R. Martin is a genius? A boring rambler? What do you think of the format of the books? (character POV per chapter, not a set formula so possibly 100s of pages before a favorite or least favorite (but probably favorite) characters reappear) Who do you want to take the iron throne? Which character is your favorite? Least favorite? (Catelyn, cough, cough. She's what's made me put the third book on hold for a couple months!)

And as for the TV show, how do you think it compares to the books? Better/worse? Do you like the plot changes? The actors?
    JUST TALK ABOUT GAME OF THRONES!

*If you'd be so kind, please put anything from A Storm Of Swords and onward in spoiler, so as to not spoil anything for TV show viewers only.

a1ZES.gif
    NOW GO!

Years
  • Never seen it, never read it, but I've heard the show and books are very different, with the books being kinda... eh, typical high fantasy, and the show being much more character-centric. That true?

Also heard it's got more sex and gore than True Blood. Also true?

Years
  • Never seen it, never read it, but I've heard the show and books are very different, with the books being kinda... eh, typical high fantasy, and the show being much more character-centric. That true?

Also heard it's got more sex and gore than True Blood. Also true?

Yeah, the books and the show are quite a bit different (I prefer the show) The show is funner, more interesting, more suspenseful and the characters feel more real. Plus it's less...magical? I just prefer it as it seems more realistic.

Unfortunately there is a LOT of sex. It's really annoying, though there is less in the books. It's pretty gory, I guess, but I don't think it's too too bad. :/

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
  • She's what's made me put the third book on hold for a couple months!)

OMGGG you crazy person!! Finish that book! It will kill you! I love Game of Thrones - I've almost finish Dance With Dragons, but uni work is holing me back.

SoS is definitely full of wtf moments though. Pretty sure I just sat and stared at a wall after I read it haha. G.R.R Martin is a fabulous writer, I really enjoy him so much. Feast of Crows is probably the worst book, imo - lots of walking, not a lot happening... but he definitely makes up for it with SoS and DwD.. like actually, finish the third book and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Back