• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Make-a-Meta!

Sirfetch’d

I've always had the idea of a meta where you take advantage of a Pokemon's natural movepool. You can only use moves that a Pokemon learns via level up. No move tutors, no TMs/HMs, no event moves, and no egg moves. I think the majority of viable Pokemon are blessed with an expansive movepool outside of leveling up and it could be neat to have a meta focused around what Pokemon naturally learn.

Years
  • i guess i will propose my idea
    alright so the idea is to have an OU tier however each week or two one mon in ubers is unbanned to shake up the game and prevent it from being boring in a sense. of course mons such as mewtwo should not be unbanned but mons like landorus-I,Aegislash,Mega-Metagross, mons that could be ok in standard OU play.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I've always had the idea of a meta where you take advantage of a Pokemon's natural movepool. You can only use moves that a Pokemon learns via level up. No move tutors, no TMs/HMs, no event moves, and no egg moves. I think the majority of viable Pokemon are blessed with an expansive movepool outside of leveling up and it could be neat to have a meta focused around what Pokemon naturally learn.

I'll second this because I don't have any better ideas. As someone who does challenge runs of main games, the level-up movepool of a Pokemon is something I look at crucially when planning teams. There are a few Pokemon that get the only moves they care about by Level-up as it is (to use an obscure example, Butterfree gets Sleep Powder, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, and Quiver Dance), so seeing some of those would be cool.

Back