• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Is there a way to make the party screen background be animated with frames or other thing that can loop it?

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
Years
  • I don't know how to make a background of party screen be animated in diagonal, pls, someone can help me?
    I am with v18.1 of essentials

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's pretty easy to do, go to the Party Script(UI_Party if using v19+)
    And find the line: addBackgroundPlane(@sprites,"partybg","Party/bg",@viewport) and replace it with the next lines:
    Code:
        @sprites["partybg"]=AnimatedPlane.new(@viewport)
        @sprites["partybg"].bitmap=RPG::Cache.picture("Party/bg")

Next, find pbUpdateSpriteHash(@sprites), and paste this below it.
    Code:
    if @sprites["partybg"]
           @sprites["partybg"].ox+=1
           @sprites["partybg"].oy+=1
    end

To change the speed of the animation, edit the 1 at @sprites["partybg"].ox+=1 or @sprites["partybg"].oy+=1.

Canal_do_Lontra

Years
  • It's pretty easy to do, go to the Party Script(UI_Party if using v19+)
    And find the line: addBackgroundPlane(@sprites,"partybg","Party/bg",@viewport) and replace it with the next lines:
    Code:
        @sprites["partybg"]=AnimatedPlane.new(@viewport)
        @sprites["partybg"].bitmap=RPG::Cache.picture("Party/bg")

Next, find pbUpdateSpriteHash(@sprites), and paste this below it.
    Code:
    if @sprites["partybg"]
           @sprites["partybg"].ox+=1
           @sprites["partybg"].oy+=1
    end

To change the speed of the animation, edit the 1 at @sprites["partybg"].ox+=1 or @sprites["partybg"].oy+=1.

hello clara dragon thanks for the help, I forgot to tell you that I am using v18, but thanks

Years
  • hello clara dragon thanks for the help, I forgot to tell you that I am using v18, but thanks

It should work in the v18 too, since I took the methods from a project of mine at the v16. Just find the party script(I dunno the name in the v18, but it should be similar, for example at v16 and v17 is PScreen_Party) and find the similar lines in there.

Last edited:

Canal_do_Lontra

Years
  • It should work in the v18 too, since I took the methods from a project of mine at the v16. Just find the party script(I dunno the name in the v18, but it should be similar, for example at v16 and v17 is PScreen_Party) and find the similar lines in there.

thanks I will test the code that you sended above, thanks

Back