• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems with the Pokémon anime

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Again with the tired Simpsons comparison. How exactly is it a bad thing that Pokemon has longevity? You've already established that the anime's writing is poor according to your preferences and that you don't even watch Pokemon, but I'm not seeing why its success for over twenty years is an issue to someone who doesn't actively follow the series. :/

I will admit to whining about certain aspects of the anime myself especially in SuMo, but at least I actually watch the anime. So my complaints stem from my own experience while observing the plot and characters for over 1,000 episodes.

Quite frankly, when the ratings actually fall regarding the anime, I'd label that as a failure. Sure, maybe it made money, but then again, like I said earlier, even the DTV sequels that got Eisner fired technically "made money", doesn't change that it nearly destroyed Disney's standing among other things.

As far as the Simpsons, I'd argue that Pokémon's even MORE sad in that regard. At least the Simpsons were open about lacking continuity so as much as I dislike their not adhering to continuity, I can at least expect them not to do that, yet Pokémon by the very nature of its plot has continuity being a pretty essential role, and they can't even get THAT down right.

Back