• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most intelligent Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2010
    I am new to these forums. This is my first post. I have a qustion: who do you think is the most intelligent Pokemon? I think it's Mewtwo. Mewtwo can communicate telepathically and he thinks more deeply then any other Pokemon. In the first movie he built a labratory and cloned other Pokemon. In Mewtwo returns he was a hero among the Pokemon, that is why I believe Mewtwo is the most intelligent. I would like to hear opinions from others. Thanks.

Years
  • I'd have to agree with you about Mewtwo, but I'd also have to say it's a toss up between Mewtwo, Alakazam, and Metagross. Just read their Pokedex entries for proof.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Alakazam because it help kids with their homework and has 5000 IQ and yet it can't really communicate T_T

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think it's Mewtwo. Of course the most intelligent Pokemon is Mewtwo because that's partly why it's a legendary Pokemon! Although, Metagross and Alakazam would probably be a tie for second...

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • Garsh... This ones hard... But I'm going to throw out the Pokemon youve all chosen and say... Either Meowth or Arceus.... Meowth has the mental capacity to actually SPEAK English (Not transmit psychically) and Arceus is god... So I mean... I'm hoping god knows more bout stuff.

The Red Chain

Uxie's the embodiment of knowledge itself and responsible for all of the knowledge in the Pokeverse.
    In other words, Uxie knows absolutely everything.
    Even 4 brains and a 5,000 IQ can't beat that. :P
    If Uxie didn't exist Alakazam, Metagross, and Mewtwo would be brainless piles of flesh/steel.

Arceus.. well, this one kinda explains itself.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hmm... So we have:

Uxie
    Metagross
    Mewtwo
    Alakazam
    Arceus

And Meowth is kinda out of it in terms of raw intelligence.

I think that it's possible that Arceus isn't all knowing, because it's only stated to be a creation deity, who seems to have taken to long naps in artificial galaxies and glass palaces since then.

So, it seems, it comes down to this. Is a being with an extreme IQ more intelligent than a supercomputer? Supercomputers can, due to electrical circuits, process information extremely quickly, but can only perform actions that have already been programmed, or "learned". IQ measures information which has been programmed and recalled. Mewtwo has been seen recalling information which has not been gained through experience, and it seems likely that it's a trait gained from Alakazam. So, it's possible that Metagross is a faster thinker and recaller, while Mewtwo and Alakazam, who share DNA and possess a vast amount of hereditary information, are more intelligent.

I realize I have entirely overlooked Uxie, but that's because I'm not exactly sure what to make of him yet.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    There is actually a word for communication without speaking which is commonly practiced by psychic beings. It's called telepathy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, it's hard to argue with Mewtwo as being the most intelligent, but Alakazam would give it a run for its money.

Also, Slowpoke is smart >_>

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Obviously Mewtwo, he's voiced by voice actor Dan Green and you've seen how Dan Green sends his dragon champion flying into a castle and destroying its flotation ring making it crush all the other monsters in a children's card game.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    From my Official Pokemon Handbook:
    Alakazam: Alakazam have amazingly powerful brains. They're smarter than a supercomputer! With an IQ of 5000, Alakazam is a genius! Maybe if you're very nice to it, Alakazam will help you with your homework.

Mewtwo: It was created in the lab of Cinnabar Island after research on gene splicing. Scientists were able to genetically process the Mew's cells in the hope of creating the ultimate fighting machine, they lived to regret it. You'll need a Master-ball to catch it because normal Poke-balls don't work. If you defeat Mewtwo, you will be worthy of the title, World's Greatest Pokemon Master. (Author, Maria S Barbo).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    People are forgetting...

Chansey - Um, being able to heal other Pokemon = intelligence.
    Smeargle - It's an artist.
    Ditto - It can clone all Pokemon (idk about Arceus)
    Mr Mime - Hey, being able to mime people successfully needs some intelligence.
    Psyduck - It's able to predict things from headaches <3
    Porygon - It's data. Obv intelligent.
    Xatu - In Pokemon MD it knew like, everything about the future or something, I don't remember.

Out of the ones already mentioned, I only agree with Alakazam.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Judging by the movie Arceus, I wouldnt say Arceus is that smart. Mewtwo didnt seem all genius to me either but I guess it is kinda.

Top 3
    Mewtwo
    Alakazam
    Metagross

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
  • Judging by the movie Arceus, I wouldnt say Arceus is that smart. Mewtwo didnt seem all genius to me either but I guess it is kinda.

Top 3
    Mewtwo
    Alakazam
    Metagross

Yes! Arceus wasn't smart because he got scam by humans!

On Topics :
    I think that the most intelligent Pokemon was Slowking , followed by Mewtwo and Alakazam. Of course, Metagross as well. Well, maybe Uxie will be on the list so yea.

Back