• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS: The Mis(adventure)s of Aether and Raffy98!

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • Sorry guys, you are ahead of me and vastly more entertaining, and I mostly feel stressed writing a Journal I've realized xD Consider your Rika rival defeated. <3

(meaning, i just restarted my game with Totodile instead, and gonna play more slowly and carefully ;D )

nuuuuuu :(

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • 11/06/2017:
    We both reached Olivine City after defeating the trainers on Route 38 and in the meantime me and Aether focused on grinding to improve the strength of our teams, I felt that it was a little bit unbalanced so I left BITEY aside for a bit since he's already really strong and decided to focus on the other ones first.
    So I went back to Route 34, because I left my Eevee in the daycare to allow him to gain some levels while I was grinding with other Pok?mon to not risk having an Espeon (not that I don't like it, I just want him to evolve into Umbreon :D), and then we went back to Olivine City to start grinding.
    Before I started grinding I decided that I needed a surfer on my team, so I took out my HM Machine and decided to teach Surf to BITEY in exchange for Bite since I already had Crunch which was enough.

I was forced to bring Eevee with me since I wanted to increase his happiness a little bit, but I was so worried that he could evolve, so I decided to leave him in his Pok?ball until nighttime. I start with MOZILLA who was at level 20 and it really needed some more EXP to increase its Internet browsing speed Attack and Sp. Attack stat, he did really well against wild Milktanks and Magnemites but struggled a bit against Stantlers, Tauroses and Raticates but she was able to pull it off anyways. In the end, she reached level 24 which is pretty solid, but it still needs some work but it should suffice for now.

Since Aether's team was already pretty balanced he decided to go forward a bit by defeating some trainers on Route 42 and on Mt. Mortar and while he was there his SOPHIE evolved into Espeon... yusss, first Psychic in his team! In addition, he also took the time to participate in the bug catching contest to try to win a Water Stone to evolve his AZURE into a Vaporeon since he really needs a water type Pok?mon in his team, especially for "surfing" purposes, for this reason, he caught a level 16 Raticate while participating because he thought that it could learn Surf, but it couldn't. Unfortunately, he only got a Sun Stone which is useless for now. I so regret to not have grinded earlier with my Pok?mon, I'll have to catch up now.

So I get back at my grinding activities with Geodude, he's on a good level but needs some training anyways. It was pretty easy since he's pretty strong so he quickly reached level 25, evolved into Graveler and also learnt Rock Blast in exchange for Rock Polish, in the meantime it was 7 PM and the sky became dark so I thought: "IT'S TIME!".
    Before starting to grind with Eevee I decided to head back to New Bark Town to get an Everstone from Professor Elm just in case I needed it in the future with other Pok?mon: I showed him the Tog?pi I got from the egg and he handed me the stone to thank me.
    It was a little bit tedious because of frequent wild encounters but in the end, I got back to Olivine City again so I could start grinding with Eevee! :3 The only Pok?mon which was a little bit difficult to deal with was, once more, Stantler but he managed to defeat them most of the times. After some battling, he learnt Quick Attack in exchange for Tail Whip.

It was 7:30 PM on the clock, after he learnt Quick Attack I see Eevee trying to evolve, I was already SO HAPPY, but I was disappointed because I started seeing Espeon's silhouette appearing so I had to stop his evolution, I was so sad to do it but I had to. This happened because night time for evolutions starts at 8 PM and I forgot about this little detail, so I decided to give him the Everstone to refrain him from evolving until 8 PM. I kept grinding until 8 PM, I thought: "IT'S TIME!" again but this time I was sure everything was gonna go the right way. So I take the Everstone from Eevee and decide to let him battle one more time to make him reach level 24, he defeated another Raticate, the battle ends and... YES! FINALLY! WELCOME UMBREON! I can't describe how happy I was, so happy that Aether said: "Wow, I wasn't so happy when SOPHIE evolved. {XD}". Next time, I'm gonna focus on grinding Flaaffy for a bit, and probably conquering Olivine City's Gym with Aether.

Aether's Team:

Turbo the Quilava
    Level 27
    -Quick Attack
    -Fire Blast
    -Leer
    -Ember

Limey the Brobat
    Level 28
    -Air Cutter
    -Confuse Ray
    -Taunt
    -Bite

Kamina the Sandslash
    Level 27
    -Rock Smash
    -Strength
    -Rollout
    -Shadow Claw

Sophie the Espeon
    Level 28
    -Tackle
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sand Attack
    -Quick Attack

Azure the Eevee
    Level 28
    -Tackle
    -Quick Attack
    -Sand Attack
    -Growl

HowItWorks the Magnemite
    Level 28
    -Thundershock
    -Spark
    -Sonic Boom
    -Lock On

My Team:

BITEY the Feraligatr
    Level 31
    -Ice Fang
    -Surf
    -Water Gun
    -Crunch

Geodude
    Level 25
    -Rollout
    -Magnitude
    -Rock Throw
    -Rock Blast

Flaaffy
    Level 20
    -Tackle
    -Thunderwave
    -Leer
    -Thundershock

Umbreon
    Level 24
    -Quick Attack
    -Tackle
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand Attack

MOZILLA the Vulpix
    Level 24
    -Ember
    -Tail Whip
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Quick Attack

And our respective Rattatas as HM slaves.

To be continued...

Last edited:
    Back