• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add a new region..? (GBA POKEMON)

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
  • Hi! I need some help...

I don't know if this is the correct area for this, but I had to ask.

How can I add a new region to my game?(Firered)

A detailed explanation would be nice.

I could edit places like 1 island - 4 island and call them Melemele, Akala, Poni, (I can't remember the other one..)

But I want it to look professional, not like I'm just editing off of an already-existing area.

Any ideas, anyone?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! I need some help...

I don't know if this is the correct area for this, but I had to ask.

How can I add a new region to my game?(Firered)

A detailed explanation would be nice.

I could edit places like 1 island - 4 island and call them Melemele, Akala, Poni, (I can't remember the other one..)

But I want it to look professional, not like I'm just editing off of an already-existing area.

Any ideas, anyone?

Your point is not really clear to me. Do you want to know how to edit a map? In that case I would recommend looking up a mapping tutorial, Anthroyd's Generation III Video Series are a good place to start. Do you want to know how to add maps in advancemap? In that case you need to make a new map and then use the ''insert map'' button to insert it into the ROM in free space.

Momoro

Years
  • Hi! Your third(or second) option was extremely helpful, but I am still confused...

I see that people make a whole new region, without inserting a map with advancemap. I don't know how to do this, at all ...

Especially trying to get the sprite to follow the map-line correctly..

I feel stupid, and need help, I guess :D

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! Your third(or second) option was extremely helpful, but I am still confused...

I see that people make a whole new region, without inserting a map with advancemap. I don't know how to do this, at all ...

Especially trying to get the sprite to follow the map-line correctly..

I feel stupid, and need help, I guess :D

Still don't get what you mean. How can you add a whole new region to Fire Red without inserting any map?

Do you mean you want to edit the town map?

Momoro

Years
  • Yeah, something like that. -- But, I guess I DO need to insert a map, but I have NO idea how to program the S.S. ANNE to take you to the new region, or how to program the ticket... Lol

I am a total noob... /:D

Momoro

Years
  • I found the town map in UNLZ-gba, and am editing it. But... I don't have the foggiest clue how to edit where the trainer walks, to keep them within the town-map lines(Route, City, etc.)

Momoro

Years
  • Hmm... I finished doing the Region Name, but ... I am still at an utter loss when it comes to map-line scripting, and new-region scripting.

:D

I love programming, but this... This takes the cake :D

Years
  • how that takes the cake? You should check out the tutorials which can be found by a simple google search.

Years
    • Seen today
    I found the town map in UNLZ-gba, and am editing it. But... I don't have the foggiest clue how to edit where the trainer walks, to keep them within the town-map lines(Route, City, etc.)

You should use the worldmap editor in AdvanceMap 1.92.

Back