• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible deck for States

Years
  • in less than 2 weeks the states just north of columbus are commencing and I might be going... just posting this to see how it looks...

2x Jumpluff HGSS
    2x Skiploom HGSS
    2x Hoppip HGSS
    2x Pokemon Collector HGSS
    2x Ho-oh Top HGSS
    2x Ho-oh Bottom HGSS
    1x Mareep HGSS
    1x Flaffy HGSS
    1x Ampharos HGSS
    2x Sunkern HGSS
    1x Sunflora HGSS
    3x DCE HGSS
    4x Electric HGSS
    7x Grass HGSS
    2x Shaymin (Land) Platinum Base
    1x Shaymin Lv X (sky) Platinum Base
    1x Shaymin Lv X (Land) Platinum Base
    2x Electivire FB Platinum Supreme Victors
    1x Electivire FB Lv X Platinum Supreme Victors
    3x Rare Candy DP: Great Encounters
    3x Expert Belt Platinum Arceus
    2x Palmer's Contribution Platinum Supreme Victors
    2x Level Max Platinum Base
    1x Snowpoint Temple DP: Legends Awakened
    2x Night Maitenence DP: Secret Wonders
    1x Poke'radar DP: Legends Awakened
    2x Warp Point DP: Majestic Dawn
    3x Super Scoop Up DP: Majestic Dawn
    2x Roseanne's Research DP: Secret Wonders

Years
  • Find a league near you and see about trading for 2 more Roseanne's and a playset of either Pokemon Communicator (HGSS) or Bebe's Search. You'll probably have to trade an arm and a leg to get them, though, and it may be more cost efficient to buy the Platinum set theme deck that comes with two Roseanne's. You will also want to look into getting a few Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS).

I may have a better critique ready when I am not pressed for time on my lunch break.

Years
  • I have like 4 Poke Communicators, I have the full HGSS set (2 ho-ohs, 2 lugias, 6 red gyarados, 4 alphs, 3 jumpluff and multiples of most of the primes)

Reason I'm only using 2 Roseanne is because of all the other stuff already in the deck, if it were 70 card deck I'd definitely want to be putting the stuff to pull pokes with, and most of the pokepulling is good to go once i have sunflora on the bench, will allow me to grab any grass poke out of my deck each turn, which'll have shaymin lv x out once i get a level max going.

Years
  • I have the ampharos to pump energies onto my ho-oh and other cards and if not needed for that just a 120 hp'd poke to do 80 dmg with.

Main purpose of deck is basically to kill, the shaymin's there to do damage and have high health running on Grass types, ho-oh legend's there for quick kills as is jumpluff I'm actually debating on maybe throwing another DCE in there since there are 2 ho-oh legend sets in there.

If I had access to a Garchomp Lv X I'd probably be using Lugia Legend instead.

the shaymin lv x sky forme is ther to combo with electivire fb lv x's 30+ attack.

Years
  • well the Sunflora takes care of my grass evo lines and X lines with its body or power or whatev, and the rest is done via the trainers that let me pull pokes.

In all honesty if I had the cards I would probably run a Garchomp Lv X x2 and Lugia Legend x2 deck with 2 ampharos (so i can plop energies onto the lugias and then bring the lugias back once killed already set to kill again XD)

I'm thinking of killing the Amphy Line for 3 more trainers or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I agree with Donavannj here, the more evolution lines you add to your deck the less focused it becomes, and you don't leave yourself much room for supporters. I think you should consider Bebe, personally I think it's a staple in any deck.

Years
  • I dunno, If i were to run any more search for poke cards I'd run more Roseanne's since they do basically the same thing. I'll consider it while I look at what to replace Amphy with since I have decided to ditch him and his family.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The key thing about Bebe though is that you can search for any Pokemon at all, while Roseanne limits you to only basic ones. Your opponent will be trying to evolve their Pokemon as quickly as possible, probably using Bebe and rare candy, and if you can't get those evolution cards in your hand right away they'll get their heavy-hitting Pokemon out there faster.

Years
  • I dunno, If i were to run any more search for poke cards I'd run more Roseanne's since they do basically the same thing. I'll consider it while I look at what to replace Amphy with since I have decided to ditch him and his family.

Running 4 Roseanne's and 4 Bebe's would work wonders for your draw power, and you'd get the same recommendation at least 90% of the time from anyone who has been to a few tournaments. Roseanne's pulls basic energy and basic Pokemon, while Bebe's allows you to get their evolutions, the Primes, and the Level Xs, and maybe a basic if you absolutely need it. I'd also recommend acquiring at least a 1-1 line of Claydol (Great Encounters) for its Cosmic Power Poke-Body.

Years
  • Yeah I guess, so far out of my deck I've removed 4 cards, the Ampharos line being 3 and one of the 3 Expert Belts (I re-read the card details and was like eh... not 3, but 2's good XD) so I've got 4 slots open and I'm trying to think of good trainers to put in... will probably do 2 bebe's and a roseanne and then I dunno for the 4th...

would a looker's investigation fit well there or do you have another idea in mind? (you can modify the trainer sets any way you like as long as it sticks to the modified rules and stuff)

EDIT: I've removed 2 Lightning Energies and added another Grass energy since I dont need that many except for Electivire. so I've got 5 slots to fill.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Put in Professor Oak's new theory instead of looker if you want that, you get to draw 6 cards instead of 5.

Years
  • Oh yeah XD I forgot about my butt-ton of PONT cards I have from the 2 Pre-Releases I went to and the crudload of boosters I've obtained XD (I actually only have 2 Prof Oaks, 2 being Rev-Holo XD)

Hm... so 1 more roseanne, 2 bebe's and a claydol line?

EDIT: I have 4 Oaks, 2 being Rev Holo

Years
  • Yes, run PONT. It's an amazing refresher. I'd run 2 more Roseanne's, personally, but that's your choice to not run a playset. I'd also run more Bebe's, but, again, it's your deck. And yes, you want the Claydol line. Maybe Uxie (Legends Awakened), too. You want a lot of draw power in your deck.

Evolution decks also may want to run the Chatot that has Mimic. Can't remember what set that is, though. :\

Years
  • Hmmm, I see, but what would I need to remove though to run all those, I have only 5 slots available atm after removing the Ampharos line, 2 e energies, and 1 expert belt and putting 1 more grass energy in.

Back