• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] BlazeBlack How I paid the price for trying to have it all.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
So I'm starting out in blaze black, love it btw, at the moment I have two gym badges and am training my team (ev training, move changes etc.) to get ready to take on the third gym. Now this is my first time really getting into an emulator but by then I'd felt like I mastered the features.

I had my basic action replay going, to equip running shoes on toggle, check ivs & evs in the menu, had my fast forward setting assigned, and I had just realized I could scum quick save/load to almost guarantee pokemon capture. Everything was perfect...

But I'd been training for a while, and into the forests, and then back into the caves, I hadn't fought a trainer in weeks, the point I'm trying to make here is I was almost dead broke and I had 1 pokeball left. But no problem I've been in wellspring cave before if I decide i want to catch something I'll just get it, no loss.

And then I saw it, this powerful yet small & majestic creature. I had to have it!
My first mon was a bit over-leveled to weaken it, so I swapped out gyrados for my prized nidorino and popped off a quicksave.

I had three moves that would help me secure this capture, I had double kick, pursuit, and then put it to sleep with lovely kiss.
Being extra cautious I decided to go with pursuit, and after 2 hits it was down to half health nearly in yellow territory, and I was sure of myself.

With the cock-sure grin of a a true Beater I tossed my last pokeball...and it broke out on the first shake.

alright fine take #2

Nidorino is back in charge and I use my first pursuit of the battle...oh its a critical hit and the pokemon is down a sliver of health, :D annnnd it of course poison point activates.

Take #3

Ok lets try to get this done quick, i use double kick and it knocks off half its health in one go, after his round its back to me i use one my hit and got hit him in the red. The opponent's turn ends and I quick save.

I toss the pokeball. and it breaks out on the third roll.

Take#4
I use lovely kiss to put it to sleep first and then I toss the pokeball... 2 shakes.

Take$5
I use my lovely kiss to put it to sleep first and then toss my last pokeball

Take#i%@$4$
i USE MYLOVELy Kiss to put it to sleep first and then toss my last pokeball.

Caught!
and Teddiursa was mine :) quicksave

oh and look the cave decided to reward me with a little item dro-battle music intensifies

A Gabite, the first one I have ever seen in this cave, and I have no pokeballs left, and even if I could go back
this encounter wouldn't happen again.

Moral of the story you can't have everything, and apparently pokemon doesn't' like it when you cheat.

Back