• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
  • It sure would. I don't know if you have seen that when a Pokemon with the surge abilities like grassy surge comes in battle the ability pop up would vanish instantly and that is probably because there are no common animations for the terrain effects. However I don't know whether it will keep the battle bg with the terrain graphics, I never tried.

I am pretty sure for that, you may need a custom script...

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    It sure would. I don't know if you have seen that when a Pokemon with the surge abilities like grassy surge comes in battle the ability pop up would vanish instantly and that is probably because there are no common animations for the terrain effects. However I don't know whether it will keep the battle bg with the terrain graphics, I never tried.

I am pretty sure for that, you may need a custom script...

Yes indeed.
    Shashu is right though. This is because there is no "flexibility" in the way animations are handled (maybe that changed in V19 but I don't know).
    If you have Move:PSYCHICTERRAIN but no Common:PsychicTerrain, then the move animation will trigger when you use the move Psychic Terrain, but not when you need to use the common animation Common:PsychicTerrain.

Also, I want to point out something, in relation with what WolfPP said earlier.
    Some common animations are related to move animations. The reason why there is no flexibility (the reason why the common animation doesn't trigger the move animation) is because (I believe) the common animation is supposed to be a "shortened" version of the move animation. Thus, it is supposed to be different.
    But that gives us a nice lead to try: let's just shorten the move animations to make the corresponding common animations :)

Just to keep you updated. I am mainly focusing on my fangame this week and probably the next few weeks. I am in the mood to implement my story, now that it is written. So there will probably be no update in the animations soon ^^"

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Sorry to ask but any chance to do a new vídeo to show all move/ common anim you guys made so far?

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years
  • I have a question, is there no common animation for battle bond or bond evolution of greninja. I could find of none or rather none was mentioned in the to-do common animations list.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a question, is there no common animation for battle bond or bond evolution of greninja. I could find of none or rather none was mentioned in the to-do common animations list.
    What you are pointing out was also the problem with Gulping and Gorging.

My TODO list only contains common animations that are called in Pokémon Essentials (well, now I realise there are some common animations that are called in ZUD only lol). If there is no call to this:
    Code:
    pbCommonAnimation("Xxxxx", user)
    then there is no need to make the common animation Xxxxx.
    Here, Essentials V18.1 I don't know for V19, I didn't bother look into it lol never calls
    Code:
    pbCommonAnimation("BattleBond", user)
    so I didn't need to include it.
    I'm adding Battle Bond to the list though, even if it will require to add this line of script somewhere.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • What you are pointing out was also the problem with Gulping and Gorging.

My TODO list only contains common animations that are called in Pokémon Essentials (well, now I realise there are some common animations that are called in ZUD only lol). If there is no call to this:
    Code:
    pbCommonAnimation("Xxxxx", user)
    then there is no need to make the common animation Xxxxx.
    Here, Essentials V18.1 I don't know for V19, I didn't bother look into it lol never calls
    Code:
    pbCommonAnimation("BattleBond", user)
    so I didn't need to include it.
    I'm adding Battle Bond to the list though, even if it will require to add this line of script somewhere.

Actually, maybe we can just make a tutorial in the main post to add those animations for those who may be lost and not so sure about coding.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I believe we need to resize the anim for Surging Strikes (just the "water tornado") by 2, as I did (see the attachments).
    Also, any chance to add an aura for Wicked Blow? Like you guys did for Surging Strikes. Maybe what we have from "GEN8- Fiery"?

Attachments

• GEN8- Surging Strikes.png
      GEN8- Surging Strikes.png
      20.8 KB · Views: 16
    • GEN8- Fiery.png
      GEN8- Fiery.png
      428.3 KB · Views: 15

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry to ask but any chance to do a new vídeo to show all move/ common anim you guys made so far?
    I have even made TWO videos!

I believe we need to resize the anim for Surging Strikes (just the "water tornado") by 2, as I did (see the attachments).
    Stupid me, I've made the video before changing the size... I've put your resized PNG in the project. Thanks :)

Also, any chance to add an aura for Wicked Blow? Like you guys did for Surging Strikes. Maybe what we have from "GEN8- Fiery"?
    EDIT: OK, I'll do it... Soon ^^"

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I checked Pyro Ball and I believe it can be polished. It seems more like a fire comet (and right now, it is just a "normal fire more that burns the target").
    Can you guys change the animation? I believe some of them can help (I just rotate a little the pyro ball pics to you guys see the idea xD).
    Cya!

Attachments

• pyroballadapted.png
      pyroballadapted.png
      15.4 KB · Views: 27
    • GEN8- Land's Wrath.png
      GEN8- Land's Wrath.png
      5.7 KB · Views: 18
    • PRAS- Mystical Fire.png
      PRAS- Mystical Fire.png
      4.7 KB · Views: 12
    • PRAS- Blaze Kick.png
      PRAS- Blaze Kick.png
      1.6 KB · Views: 15
    • Fakeout.png
      Fakeout.png
      6.3 KB · Views: 13

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • After I use Jaw Lock move, the target's battler sprite keeps kinda weird haha

Attachments

• JAWLOCK.png
      JAWLOCK.png
      9.6 KB · Views: 35
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Pokemon become invisible when they miss with dig (such as attacking a flying type), not sure how to fix it but it's reproducible for me. (v19.1 w/ EDBX but using this animation pack).

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Shell Side Arm move has two differents animation: when it is a contact move or not. Can you guys do when it is a contact move? We have only the other one. The code I made below (remember to change "201" for your number):
    Spoiler:

About Terrain Pulse, we need to rename them inside the Editor to:
    Move:TERRAINPULSEELECTRIC
    Move:TERRAINPULSEGRASSY
    Move:TERRAINPULSEMISTY
    Move:TERRAINPULSEPSYCHIC

Instead "Terrain Pulse Electric"; "Terrain Pulse Grassy"; "Terrain Pulse Misty" and "Terrain Pulse Psychic".
    Also its script is the below (remember to change "192" for your number):
    Spoiler:

Boxply

Decently Experienced Ruby Coder
    Years
    • He
    • Seen Aug 27, 2021
    Really great community brought together by pokemon! Now I sound like professor Oak. Anyways, I'm not the best spriter to say the least, but I can give it a shot! And I will, I've been trying to learn spriting for the past month and I'm doing so great so far! I'll try to publish an animation If I ever plan on completing a full fledged animated attack project!

Back