• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Yes, but the new movie couldn't be the conclusion to the anime because watching the movies is never required to completely understand the main anime.
    Maybe the next movie will not actually feature Perfect Zygarde (I feel that it'll be repetitive if it's not linked to the main anime somehow even if it is a different perfect Zygarde). Remember the trailer after the Arceus movie? It showed Ho-oh versus Lugia yet they were replaced by Zoroark, Zorua, and Celebi as the stars.

What is interesting is that corocoro in the issue that came out in August showed the trailer again, and as the previous issue revealed the Mega Arc special is connected to the main anime...perhaps XY&Z will show perfect Zygarde briefly in the conclusion before it vanishes (like Mewtwo did) only to later reappear in the movie.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yes, but the new movie couldn't be the conclusion to the anime because watching the movies is never required to completely understand the main anime.

You DO realize that Movie 2 was explicitly referenced in the Whirl Islands arc of Johto, even in the Japanese version, right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    There are a few exceptions, but most of the movies are never mentioned

I know Drew's hometown was also a Movie location (the setting for Destiny Deoxys, if I'm not mistaken).

Besides, that applies to the whole anime as well, even main episodes. When's the last time Ash even MENTIONED his fight with Sabrina or Haunter, for example?

Either way, we're definitely going to have to consider that the next movie might actually BE the anime finale considering how poorly the anime has been doing in terms of ratings, merchandising sales, heck, even movie box office receipts. Even if there is going to be a new Generation, it's not likely that the Anime will continue on, the next generation just being game material and possibly manga material only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I know Drew's hometown was also a Movie location (the setting for Destiny Deoxys, if I'm not mistaken).

Besides, that applies to the whole anime as well, even main episodes. When's the last time Ash even MENTIONED his fight with Sabrina or Haunter, for example?

Either way, we're definitely going to have to consider that the next movie might actually BE the anime finale considering how poorly the anime has been doing in terms of ratings, merchandising sales, heck, even movie box office receipts. Even if there is going to be a new Generation, it's not likely that the Anime will continue on, the next generation just being game material and possibly manga material only.

I doubt The next movie will be Anime finale , The writer probably trying a "New Atmosphere" to deal with odd time.
    Plus , Ash story will not end without "Team Rocket Finale" ark where Team Rocket get disbanded.
    Honestly , I would love Misty to appear in her HGSS design for only One Occasion (Like An Underwater show) in XY&Z and then revert back to her One-side Ponytail Because I really don't like that design So I want future Misty to have A better "One-Side Ponytail".
    For example : Ash suddenly mention Misty and Others remember seeing an Underwater show on TV where HGSS Misty shown various Underwater tricks by using her Water Pokemon and refer her as "Underwater Princess"! Then Ash call her gym and see regular Misty still taunting him.
    Misty was the 1st Girl I saw with One-side Ponytail So I believe she stood stick to it and come up with a better One-side Ponytail that make her look younger , cuter and tougher .
    Like this--
    Spoiler:

I wonder if Ash could call her gym and show off his Alternate Greninja in Pokemon XY&Z.
    After all , Many of us would like to see Misty reaction to Ash having a Unique Water type pokemon.
    Lets be honest , Ash should maintain his contact his former companion and call them when he needs advise! For example : Calling Brock for Medical advise or calling Misty for advise about raising Water pokemon.
    Also , I would prefer a Flashback episode in Pokemon XY&Z where Ash talk about meeting a Gen-Vi Pokemon in Kento/Jotho along with Misty & Brock ! Thats way people would get to see Brock & Misty without them returning.
    Its much better then watching a stupid flashback episode about how Clemont caught Bunnelby!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Plus , Ash story will not end without "Team Rocket Finale" ark where Team Rocket get disbanded.
    I dunno about that. After all, Ash's story has never been about, or even involved Team Rocket. In the grand scheme of things, whether we're talking about the gang of three or the organization as a whole, they've never really been super important to the plot.

More likely, they would have a playful "Oh, we'll catch that Pikachu one day!" sendoff, I'd imagine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I doubt The next movie will be Anime finale , The writer probably trying a "New Atmosphere" to deal with odd time.
    Plus , Ash story will not end without "Team Rocket Finale" ark where Team Rocket get disbanded.
    Honestly , I would love Misty to appear in her HGSS design for only One Occasion (Like An Underwater show) in XY&Z and then revert back to her One-side Ponytail Because I really don't like that design So I want future Misty to have A better "One-Side Ponytail".
    For example : Ash suddenly mention Misty and Others remember seeing an Underwater show on TV where HGSS Misty shown various Underwater tricks by using her Water Pokemon and refer her as "Underwater Princess"! Then Ash call her gym and see regular Misty still taunting him.
    Misty was the 1st Girl I saw with One-side Ponytail So I believe she stood stick to it and come up with a better One-side Ponytail that make her look younger , cuter and tougher .
    Like this--
    Spoiler:

I wonder if Ash could call her gym and show off his Alternate Greninja in Pokemon XY&Z.
    After all , Many of us would like to see Misty reaction to Ash having a Unique Water type pokemon.
    Lets be honest , Ash should maintain his contact his former companion and call them when he needs advise! For example : Calling Brock for Medical advise or calling Misty for advise about raising Water pokemon.
    Also , I would prefer a Flashback episode in Pokemon XY&Z where Ash talk about meeting a Gen-Vi Pokemon in Kento/Jotho along with Misty & Brock ! Thats way people would get to see Brock & Misty without them returning.
    Its much better then watching a stupid flashback episode about how Clemont caught Bunnelby!

Unfortunately, with how horribly the show is going in terms of ratings and even box office receipts, the show is on its last legs anyways. I can't even say we'll even see Misty again, and I'm one of the people who is very determined to have her brought back, nor can I say they're even going to settle Team Rocket once and for all. At this rate, I wouldn't even be surprised if the studio heads decide to force the writers to pull a Woody's Finest Hour on Pokémon and cut it short due to poor ratings. A movie finale is probably the best Movie 19 has to offer now. You yourself noted how bad the ratings have gotten recently, so even you can't deny that the show is on its last legs.

Either way, the fact that they had Zygarde's core form debut early only goes to show that even the writers are getting very desperate or realize their goose is cooked.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Unfortunately, with how horribly the show is going in terms of ratings and even box office receipts, the show is on its last legs anyways. I can't even say we'll even see Misty again, and I'm one of the people who is very determined to have her brought back, nor can I say they're even going to settle Team Rocket once and for all. At this rate, I wouldn't even be surprised if the studio heads decide to force the writers to pull a Woody's Finest Hour on Pokémon and cut it short due to poor ratings. A movie finale is probably the best Movie 19 has to offer now. You yourself noted how bad the ratings have gotten recently, so even you can't deny that the show is on its last legs.

Either way, the fact that they had Zygarde's core form debut early only goes to show that even the writers are getting very desperate or realize their goose is cooked.

Unless , Writers finally has their realization that "Timeless & Endless" anime doesn't change their major character.
    Just Look at Doreamon , Crayon Shin-chan or Gintama! Those anime never changed their main cast.
    Can anyone name an "Timeless and Endless" Adventure anime that running successfully for 20 year while changing the everyone in main cast beside the Protagonist ?
    FYI : I said "Timeless & Endless" but not "Long running" So One Piece doesn't count because its not Timeless and the Arthur does planning to end it someday.
    If Writers wants Ash's Story to be endless then Ash has to stay in One town where all other major character such as Misty , Brock ,Gary , Tracy, Team Rocket ,Paul , Berry , May, Max , Dawn , etc etc lives.
    As For Anime Finale Movie , It has to be a Movie where Ash travel back to future and meet the older self of major character such as Misty & Brock.
    Just like the Gintama Movie ! Hack I prefer future Misty to make her appearance like Future Kagura.
    But first HGSS Misty has to appear in current show because I don't want HGSS Misty to be Future Misty.
    Off course , If Misty does appear then it won't do a thing if she has poor characterization like DP Brock .
    If Misty reappear then I want her to treat Clemont as poorly as she treated Brock & Tracey.
    For example , Misty did this 3 episode after meeting Brock-
    Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

See No manner , No formality , No hesitation , No Status que ! Thats the type of "Group Chemistry" we are missing.
    If Misty reappear then I want her to point out that Clemont's invention are failure and they always blow up.
    Unlike Serena who just smile it off to maintain a status que While Misty would--
    Spoiler:

Also , Brock & Misty can appear in Kalo League if its Ash's last League conference ! Brock can appear as a Doctor to help Nurse Joy while Misty can appear with Ash's mom to cheer for him in the final round.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    With all this talk about possibility of Misty coming back in XY. Something i would more than welcome, being sad how first and original Pokemon girl has been swalloved by earth. Like she never existed or was important to begin with.

If its ok ill give my 2 cents about it too:

If Misty does return by some miracle in Kalos (XY series). I would like that she receives whole arc to herself, coming back for longer period of time with writers actually putting effort and thought in her unfinished storyline getting some closure actually. Doing something about her dream of becoming elite water expert/water pokemon master, resolve her uncleared future and what will come out of her life and dreams with whole gym issues.

See her learn how to use her pokemon in most productive way, resolve undefined feelings when it comes to romance and her pretty damaged relationship with sisters etc.

Because having Misty come back in person after what? 487 episodes, 10 seasons and 10 full years so far long of being ignored and forgotten like she never existed.

For small one to two episodes short cameo would be just injustice and one big slap in face to character itself, her unused potential and unresolved story. Any person who likes Misty and her huge impact left on pokemon anime in its most popular days.

If Misty is planned to return in Kalos, than her return should have something to do with her own story as well getting more development and chance to explore lot of unanswered things left in story. Instead of just playing second fiddle to new characters, getting some prominent role to play.

One good way to do that is in having Misty joining Ash and group for whole season(good time would be if there is post Kalos league season like it was Battle Frontier as 5th companion temporarily) to catch new pokemon, seek for mega stone and key stone to mega evolve her Gyarados(maybe shoewcase mega Slowbro instead catching that pokemon of screen), enter tournaments like Battle Chateau challenging Ash and his Baron title, water tournaments which follow up on what Whirl Cup established explaining more how to achieve Misty dream and preparing to meet E4 Siebold hoping she would leave positive impression on him , maybe taking her as apprentice at end of saga to learn how to become true water master.
    That would be what i would view as satisfying comeback after such a long absence.

Receiving some time to not just help advance Serena, Clemont or Ash character, but get some chance to shine herself and advance storyline tying up loose ends.

Not to mention based on amazing chemistry she had with Max, Ash in Hoenn or Daisy and Tracey in chronicles radiating with pride, maturity and playful behavior. Intertwined with her sarcastic, sassy and silly, shy side displayed there when romance or bigs are brought up hehe.
    I have no doubts her presence wold bring much needed passion, depth of emotions and some healthy suspense in current for me monotone and vapid dynamic prevailing between XY cast members.If there was someone knowing how to bring more flare and spice in interactions its definitely Misty and her hotheaded nature.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Unfortunately, with how horribly the show is going in terms of ratings and even box office receipts, the show is on its last legs anyways. I can't even say we'll even see Misty again, and I'm one of the people who is very determined to have her brought back, nor can I say they're even going to settle Team Rocket once and for all. At this rate, I wouldn't even be surprised if the studio heads decide to force the writers to pull a Woody's Finest Hour on Pokémon and cut it short due to poor ratings. A movie finale is probably the best Movie 19 has to offer now. You yourself noted how bad the ratings have gotten recently, so even you can't deny that the show is on its last legs.

Is it wrong that I'm kinda excited about that? Even back when I did watch the anime my family and I mainly watched it for the Pokemon. I like the movies because they focus on legendary Pokemon.

Even with my personal preference for the Pokemon aside the anime hasn't ever really gone anywhere and probably never will outside of a poorly done copout ending. Ash won't ever become a Pokemon master, Pikachu's never gonna hit the level cap because of that level reset problem, and all his Pokemon and traveling companions are inevitably gonna dissappear at the end when he goes to the new region. They'll just do the same thing every season, and the anime is probably gonna stay in an eternal quagmire because the writers, producers, or whoever's over the storyline doesn't feel comfortable with Ash and Pikachu actually advancing as characters. If the anime ended today and they made a new one I'd actually be excited because it wouldn't just be Ash and there'd be new characters and Pokemon to get to know, and unlike Ash we'd probably see them grow and mature along with their Pokemon, sorta like how the original anime started out as.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    With all this talk about possibility of Misty coming back in XY. Something i would more than welcome, being sad how first and original Pokemon girl has been swalloved by earth. Like she never existed or was important to begin with.

If its ok ill give my 2 cents about it too:

If Misty does return by some miracle in Kalos (XY series). I would like that she receives whole arc to herself, coming back for longer period of time with writers actually putting effort and thought in her unfinished storyline getting some closure actually. Doing something about her dream of becoming elite water expert/water pokemon master, resolve her uncleared future and what will come out of her life and dreams with whole gym issues.

See her learn how to use her pokemon in most productive way, resolve undefined feelings when it comes to romance and her pretty damaged relationship with sisters etc.

Because having Misty come back in person after what? 487 episodes, 10 seasons and 10 full years so far long of being ignored and forgotten like she never existed.

For small one to two episodes short cameo would be just injustice and one big slap in face to character itself, her unused potential and unresolved story. Any person who likes Misty and her huge impact left on pokemon anime in its most popular days.

If Misty is planned to return in Kalos, than her return should have something to do with her own story as well getting more development and chance to explore lot of unanswered things left in story. Instead of just playing second fiddle to new characters, getting some prominent role to play.

One good way to do that is in having Misty joining Ash and group for whole season(good time would be if there is post Kalos league season like it was Battle Frontier as 5th companion temporarily) to catch new pokemon, seek for mega stone and key stone to mega evolve her Gyarados(maybe shoewcase mega Slowbro instead catching that pokemon of screen), enter tournaments like Battle Chateau challenging Ash and his Baron title, water tournaments which follow up on what Whirl Cup established explaining more how to achieve Misty dream and preparing to meet E4 Siebold hoping she would leave positive impression on him , maybe taking her as apprentice at end of saga to learn how to become true water master.
    That would be what i would view as satisfying comeback after such a long absence.

Receiving some time to not just help advance Serena, Clemont or Ash character, but get some chance to shine herself and advance storyline tying up loose ends.

Not to mention based on amazing chemistry she had with Max, Ash in Hoenn or Daisy and Tracey in chronicles radiating with pride, maturity and playful behavior. Intertwined with her sarcastic, sassy and silly, shy side displayed there when romance or bigs are brought up hehe.
    I have no doubts her presence wold bring much needed passion, depth of emotions and some healthy suspense in current for me monotone and vapid dynamic prevailing between XY cast members.If there was someone knowing how to bring more flare and spice in interactions its definitely Misty and her hotheaded nature.

However , There no point of bring Misty back if she doesn't have her sarcastic, silly and Sassy side of her.
    Plus, Other character need to do thing that open up her angry and sarcastic type .
    Like this--
    Spoiler:

Ya , Ash acting like a Coward there But its normal for any Kid to scar of Ghost.
    Gintoki from Gintama does a lot of cowardly stuff but it doesn't matter when he truly show his Badass side to protact other.

Plus , If Misty treat Clemont as formally as Serena then it won't make any difference.
    I want Misty to point out how Clemont's invention usually blow up and if any of his invention tries does something weird of perverted to her then I want Misty to smash that machine on Clemont's head.
    After all , Misty is brutally honest and capable of saying thing others can't tell .
    Such as--
    Spoiler:

Currently The XY series is Boring because of Formal & Boring relationship among the main group.
    By the way , Does anyone notice that Ash look empty now ?
    I mean Whenever I see Original Ash , I can actually feel his emotion ! He feel so real.
    But current Ash , I don't feel anything ! He look like a empty doll with nothing inside of him.
    Original Ash feel like an actual Boy while Current Ash feel like a model that our parent wants us to be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    However , There no point of bring Misty back if she doesn't have her sarcastic, silly and Sassy side of her.
    Plus, Other character need to do thing that open up her angry and sarcastic type .

Plus , If Misty treat Clemont as formally as Serena then it won't make any difference.
    I want Misty to point out how Clemont's invention usually blow up and if any of his invention tries does something weird of perverted to her then I want Misty to smash that machine on Clemont's head.
    After all , Misty is brutally honest and capable of saying thing others can't tell .

Currently The XY series is Boring because of Formal & Boring relationship among the main group.
    I mean Whenever I see Original Ash , I can actually feel his emotion ! He feel so real.
    But current Ash , I don't feel anything ! He look like a empty doll with nothing inside of him.
    Original Ash feel like an actual Boy while Current Ash feel like a model that our parent wants us to be.

To be fair; character interactions arent only point and reason which would give purpose behind Misty return. There is also opportunity in bringing more unpredictability and varety to pokemon series with her own dreams, storylines and unresolved conflicts. Followed with restoring on bonds she had with Ash generating new interactions and connection to past. Giving us update, increasing continuity and making storyline more connected and plot driven.
    Not to mention help increase ratings and popularity as well with many wanting to see Misty back.

As for her sarcastic, quirky, temperament nature. Misty always had that being one of recognizable parts about her personality. Whether we are talking about early days like Kanto, Johto or later in Chronicles and Hoenn(depending on episodes and characters she interacted with).

Diference compared to early days was that Misty would express sarcasm, flare and disapproval in non violent way like using logs and punching people left and right. Rather resorting to playful teasing, acting abit arrogant at times or just yelling and holding grudge against someone when provoked or insulted her.

And i have no problems with this going well in accordance to maturity and character developmernt Misty experienced., Becoming stronger, more independent character. Became closer friend to Ash and Brock and evolved as person herself through journey feeling like she gained something from it.

So while i could see Misty being sassy, tease or be skeptic and frowned over Clemont inventions(especially if they explode in her face). Ash clueless nature and acknowledgemernt of Serena having crush stirring things up causing certain amount of friction or jealousy. Or Bonnie potential proposal that Misty marry her brother making her irritated and embarassed.

I don't think she would go over the top in starting to hit others and be super rude or aggresive(especially to characters who did nothing harmful or wrong to her). Simply being out of character and going against any growth she went through.

Because to have humor, arguing, drama or playful interactions Misty is perfectly capable of delivering that among Kalos cast without being violent.

As for Ash like i said before.
    Its needed to take in account how relationship and chemistry between friends largely depends on their personalities, quirks, backstories and circumstances.

With someone like Misty for example Ash has entirely different friendship. Based on mutual teasing, enjoying in competing between themselves , get into clash challenging each other ideas or express admiration and close bond full of care and support through play . Thats why infront of her we usually see more of that stubborn, impulsive side of Ash come on surface(which was evident in Hoenn as well in Mastermind special and release of Togepi).

With Dawn we saw more energy and jokes going between Ash and this character, Due to having almost sibling type of relationship. With friendship being based on mutual support and understanding.

With current companions roles are reversed with Ash being one who is wisest, most experienced and knowledgeable member of main group. Serena, Bonnie and Clemont look up to him not going in clash with his decisions, deliver any critic or much teasing. Hence why Ash has no need to act sarcastic or brash at all.

Being required two way alley to produce organic, unforced and endearing dynamic between characters.

Hence being reason why Ash may be less joking and bratty than he used to be even as more mature character. Because surrounding and who you interact with largely influence your characterization determining what kind of chemistry there will come out of it.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Hey everyone, please remember that this thread is about the upcoming XY&Z season of XY. Any discussion pertaining solely to other topics belong in their own threads.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    Like this--
    Spoiler:

Ya , Ash acting like a Coward there But its normal for any Kid to scar of Ghost.
    Gintoki from Gintama does a lot of cowardly stuff but it doesn't matter when he truly show his Badass side to protact other.

Such as--
    Spoiler:

Yay tsundere misty is the best! :3
    How famon said if misty change his tsundere chara it would not anymore misty like ash is not anymore the ash from Original Series...
    If the comedy niveau would like Original Series i don't think the anime would getting so terrible quotes.
    How can get the anime better:
    -Ash become his old charackter and Serena has the charackter more from Y-chan or Mirror Serena. :D
    -Ash must become stong enough for beating the League! but i also son't want a Superpower ash with legendary this is no go for me. lol
    -The anime must goes in his roots back.
    -It would also great if the anime is getting adapted from the pokemon manga like one piece

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Images from Oha Suta--

Spoiler:

Yay tsundere misty is the best! :3
    How famon said if misty change his tsundere chara it would not anymore misty like ash is not anymore the ash from Original Series...
    If the comedy niveau would like Original Series i don't think the anime would getting so terrible quotes.
    How can get the anime better:
    -Ash become his old charackter and Serena has the charackter more from Y-chan or Mirror Serena. :D
    -Ash must become stong enough for beating the League! but i also son't want a Superpower ash with legendary this is no go for me. lol
    -The anime must goes in his roots back.
    -It would also great if the anime is getting adapted from the pokemon manga like one piece

Well , The main reason My opinion might defer then Other its possibly because I see Pokemon from Anime's point of view instate of seeing Pokemon from Real life view.
    Thats why , I have no hesitation in accepting that Brock & Misty only existed for Ash , They never existed to fulfill their own goal.
    We can hate Takeshi Shudo for not developing Brock & Misty enough with their own Side-quest But at the end he did what's good for the Anime , Not for the Character.
    He was completely focus on One specific Storyline about "Ash Journey to become a Pokemon Master" and connect everything with it.
    Brock's Job was to mentor Ash while Misty Job was to make him behave ! Thats the sole reason both of them existed.
    But Now Writer tries to focus on Multiple storyline and everyone's goal Just like a Drama show like "One tree hill" So the series lost balance.
    I believe , Pokemon XY&Z should focus on One specific Storyline and aim toward an Ending. Truth is , If Serena was a Sassy, Bossy and Rude Research assitant who travel with Ash to collect information about Legendary Pokemon & Megevolution then her character would been much much better then Pokemon Performer Serena. Just Like "Y" is better character then her even though she doesn't pursuing her goal and instate fighting "Team Flare" to save the World.
    Pokemon never suppose to be Endless when it was first produced and Its not those type of story that can be Endless no matter how many new game comes out.
    Truth is , The Sidekicks doesn't need a Goal , They need a Role/Job .

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I believe , Pokemon XY&Z should focus on One specific Storyline and aim toward an Ending. Truth is , If Serena was a Sassy, Bossy and Rude Research assitant who travel with Ash to collect information about Legendary Pokemon & Megevolution then her character would been much much better then Pokemon Performer Serena. Just Like "Y" is better character then her even though she doesn't pursuing her goal and instate fighting "Team Flare" to save the World.
    Waitwaitwaitwait, hold on.

I believe , Pokemon XY&Z should focus on One specific Storyline and aim toward an Ending.
    ...Why? The part afterwards doesn't really answer this, and I'm not much seeing why they would end it with XY&Z from a narrative perspective. Did they set it up to be the end or something, or...?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It seems that they will travel with squishy (Zygarde core) so I assume that along the way they will collect it's cells. If so I wonder how long it'll take for it to transform to Zygarde 10 percent. I hope that the Zygarde arc isn't too long. It might just end after the new game(s) is out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It seems that they will travel with squishy (Zygarde core) so I assume that along the way they will collect it's cells. If so I wonder how long it'll take for it to transform to Zygarde 10 percent. I hope that the Zygarde arc isn't too long. It might just end after the new game(s) is out.

What new games? We might as well get 'em in 100 years at this rate hehe .
    Anyway, I hope to see more of Team Flare in this season.

Back