• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Size Method for Pokémon [Gen 3/4]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So Essentials already has a method that calculates for size, def pbSize(pokemon) and you just call it from anywhere with a pokemon instance.

You do not need this resource to calculate Size.

So in Gens 3 and 4, there are NPCs who ask to see the biggest Pokémon of a certain species. This is calculated based on the personal ID and IVs. I won't explain the entire formula because Bulbapedia has already done that.

Script: https://pastebin.com/raw/5HuySwRf

So just paste this script in your class PokeBattle_Pokemon and call it on a Pokémon instance. It returns the result in millimeters. Interpret the result however you like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Hello
    Do you know a method to calculate the weight of the Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Umm, well, that's not a thing in the games, but you could probably change the height in the last step of the formula to weight.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Hello
    Do you know a method to calculate the weight of the Pokémon?

I think the game already uses this method for getting the weight of Pokemon for things like Grass Knot or Low Kick.
    You should just be able to use attacker.weight for example. Hope this helped. :)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Umm, well, that's not a thing in the games, but you could probably change the height in the last step of the formula to weight.

Perfect!

I think the game already uses this method for getting the weight of Pokemon for things like Grass Knot or Low Kick.
    You should just be able to use attacker.weight for example. Hope this helped. :)
    Spoiler:

I only managed to display the weight of the Pokémon using the Vendily method.

In your case, you mean we can change the power of attacks like Grass Knot or Low Kick by defining the personal weight of the Pokémon?
    Cool!
    How do you do that?
    I thought the game was using the PBS data to execute these moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Ok I'm a little bit confused. I don't know what the Vendily method is but other than that the game of course uses the PBS Files to calculate the weight of the Pokemon.
    This function:
    Spoiler:
    Leads to this function in PokeBattle_Pokemon:
    Spoiler:
    Which of course leads to the dex which gets its data from the PBS Files.

This is an example function of a move that uses the weight calculation, I think this is Grass Knot:
    Spoiler:
    You should be able to use this formula in any battle relevant script section since it's directly tied to the individual Pokemon.
    Hope this helps. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Do you know how I can get the maximum and minimum size and the maximum and minimum weight of a species?
    A can like in Pokémon Let's Go.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you know how I can get the maximum and minimum size and the maximum and minimum weight of a species?
    A can like in Pokémon Let's Go.

Sorry, I'm not really sure how to do that, but you can probably play with the variables of the size formulas.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Size
    Um, but low IVs (or rather, low least significant bits) have a drastic impact on the size of the mon, so you'd start there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Sorry, I'm not really sure how to do that, but you can probably play with the variables of the size formulas.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Size
    Um, but low IVs (or rather, low least significant bits) have a drastic impact on the size of the mon, so you'd start there.

Hi Vendily,

sorry, I'm really not good at math so don't count on me to follow this method.

I just looked at this site and I found this:

https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/pokemonsize.shtml

A Pokémon can have a maximum height of up to 40% and can have a weight of up to 60%.

From this information, things are much simpler.
    In addition, we can even see the rates of encounters according to the sizes.
    With a can of effort, it is possible to make a script.
    (I'll try but I don't guarantee anything. I'm really bad at calculating).

I thought it was necessary to do it manually for every species of Pokémon.

Back